The End? (Part II)

The Birds & The Bees

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

November (35 weeks)

Jonghyun is not dumb enough to be fooled by Kibum's words, when the elder can clearly see that his husband is experiencing the dreaded- Baby Blues. Kibum had been very timid the past few weeks ever since their last doctor's appointment which basically had reminded them just how close the due date of their baby truly was.

All Jonghyun needs to do is to make Kibum see and understand just how beautiful he is and how magical this new chapter of their lives will be; the beginning of their life with their first baby. That's something Jonghyun can smugly say he's confident in because if he has done it once with getting Kibum to say yes to him to start with, then surely he can do it again. 

With Kibum sleeping soundly beside him, he quietly makes his way down to the kitchen collecting all the things he needs on the way down. 

After everything was done and perfectly in place Jonghyun makes his way back up to join his husband in bed making sure to snuggle in closer and he doesn't fight back the smile that paints his face with the natural way Kibum would scout his way towards the elder. 

"Sometimes you need to listen to me when I say you're absolutely perfect." Jonghyun lovingly whispered into the crown of Kibum's head, before he makes his own way into dreamland. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's another dreaded morning in which Jonghyun has to say his guilty goodbyes to Kibum and Haneul. As much as he hates to he thinks with the way things are going, leaving Kibum and Haneul alone might just do them some good and Jonghyun hopes that their time alone along with his surprise might just give Kibum the mood lift he needs. 

Jonghyun is already suited up with his uniform on and his food for the day already prepared by Kibum the night before packed neatly in his briefcase, the elder is ready to leave but not without saying goodbye to his still slumbering husband.

"Bye-bye baby pea keep your daddy-mummy company for me and don't give him too many headaches, daddy will see you soon," the elder whispers as he gently caresses the clothed belly of the sleeping male before turning his attention to Kibum himself. 

"I'll see you soon Bum," Jonghyun says aloud before tucking splayed hair behind the younger's  ear and finally placing a soft kiss on the blonde's exposed forehead. What Jonghyun didn't expect was to see the other already waking from his sleep.

"Jjong you're going already, did you see your food? Wait did you iron your uniform I didn't have the time to-"

"Good morning to you to my highness," Jonghyun interrupts capturing the still groggy male in a caste kiss. 

"I still have morning breath you idiot," Kibum glares.

Jonghyun could only chuckle in return, "don't act like you don't love it plus you'd only complain if I was the one with the morning breath."

"Shut up and take care don't do anything stupid okay," Kibum murmurs behind the duvet which was doing a perfect job of covering his reddening face.

"I love you too," Jonghyun warmly replies before collecting all his stuff already making his way out. The smile on his face cause by Kibum's words doesn't wear of as he enters his car, it's so like Kibum to say something like that but he knows that behind those words are the words which he replied to because out of the two of them Kibum can never throw around words of love so easily and when it comes to Jonghyun, Kibum believes in physical acts of love than just mere words. Jonghyun is happy to know that even after the 4 years they've spent he is still learning about who Kibum really is and he's loving every new discovery and every second of it. 

After hearing the sound of the front door close he releases his face from the protection of his duvet, lightly slapping his cheeks in irritation. 

"Yah Kim Jonghyun who do you think you are? Making me blush and loose all my senses so early in the morning. Who told you to wake me up with your uniform on and who told you that you can still make me feel this way after 4 years," Kibum screams into Jonghyun's pillow and to be honest this really isn't the first time something like this has happen. 

Sighing with new found relief he slowly gets himself up before going about his morning routine. 

"Morning baby pea, how have you been?" Kibum cheerily asks his daughter rubbing his tummy trying to gain any sense of activity and Kibum is smiling in delight as he feels a light kick, "it's just me and you today, daddy's away again but it's okay we'll have so much fun we'll decorate your room and watch cartoons," Kibum assures their daughter giving his tummy a light pat before stretching his back before doing some more light stretches ready for his morning exercise. 

After his regular exercises Kibum already feels lighter and more energised well as light and energised as a 35 week pregnant person can feel. Hating the sweat clad feeling Kibum bee lines towards the bathroom as usual but what greets him is enough to put a smile on his face. 

A familiar lime neon green post-it in the shape of an airplane is stuck right in the middle of their glass wall.

'Hello beautiful. Yes. You. 

You're so breath taking and gorgeous that there's not a day I don't wander why I get to spend a forever with you.

<3 KJH' 

It's so similar to what he is used to, the child like penmanship to the heart and even to the the very first sentence that he has grown to seeing written down on a piece of post-it. Kibum's smile widens when his eyes catches another piece of post-it stuck in one of the taps in the bathtub.

'Hello again babe.

Today I wanted to remind you of a few things I think you might have forgotten and I hope by the time I get back, the things that you need reminding of is locked safely inside your precious head. 

<3 KJH'

As Kibum lays still in the bathtub surrounded by candles and bubbles his mind drifts of to the notes that were left by his husband. Kibum's not foreign to Jonghyun's romantic antics but neither could he deny his love for his husband's sweet gesture. 

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Kibum went about his usual routine it was as if ever place he went the neon post-it would appear in too, and the younger wonders just how much sleep Jonghyun had gotten the night before.

In the the laundry bin...

'1) You always do the laundry when I'm to lazy too do it and it basically means your amazing because you choose to do the laundry instead of shouting at me for being lazy.

<3 KJH'

 ... the door...

'2) You always know how I like it when the doors is close when I'm inside and I don't need to yell to shut it properly and it'll be exactly the same for Haneul, you'll figure out what she likes and doesn't like and she'll love you so much because you are that awesome. 

<3 KJH'

... the picture frame... 

'3) Everything you do makes me love you more and more and that will not change when Haneul arrives. Because it won't just be me that's giving you love so unconditionally but so will our little baby pea. We know that you'll love us just the same. 

<3 KJH'

... The top of the stair case...

'4) I know how much you love our little baby because I know how you take care of yourself even with going down the stairs. 

Hun, be careful! 

But some times I don't want you to forget about taking care of yourself. Just you.

<3 KJH'

... the kitchen island...

'5) I also know that you'll feed us with the most delicious and healthiest dishes so please stop thinking that you won't be a good parent. 

<3 KJH'

... the front of the fridge... 

' To be honest there's still so many things I could list that I don't want you to remember but I ran out of post-it's. But don't worry I have one more after this. I bet your wondering how I know just where to place these huh? If you found everything then that means I'll be demanding a reward as soon as I get back because I literally memorised your morning routine. Anyway there's still a few more things I want you to find so keep looking."

P.S Don't bother I already cooked and its in the microwave.

<3 KJH'

Kibum really wasn't shocked when he finds another post-it stuck on the plastic dish covering his plate.

'I bet you totally knew another one was going to be here didn't you and you know what I put one in here to let you know that I know, you know there's not many instances where you're wrong but sometimes like now you also need to know that you totally are wrong because you shouldn't feel like that Bum. Anyone else in the world can except you. Because Bum your the best husband anyone would die to have and so you'll be the best father any child would be lucky to call their own too.

<3 KJH'

So Jonghyun noticed. By the looks of it the man is reassuring him to not be afraid but how can Kibum keep himself from being afraid when that looming thought of not being a good enough parent to Haneul is always in his mind. Kibum had no problems with Jonghyun because he knows just how good of a father the elder would be to their daughter, how much he'll love her and care for her and Kibum just doesn't know if he could do the same. He doesn't want to ruin a child's life especially not his child. 

After heating his breakfast he walks his way into the kitchen only to be greeted by another note and this time on top of a letter which was held in place underneath his pill box for his daily vitamins. 

'Hello again beautiful,

I promise this is it, but what I can't promise is how much I'll say the things I've already written out loud and in person just to make sure you understand how perfect you are not only for me as my husband but as Haneul's parent. 

Yes, I've noticed how timid you've been the past few weeks and to be honest I must say you were pretty good, but what you seem to forget is that I'm your husband, the same man that had to fight his way into your heart just because you felt you didn't deserve me when in fact, I'm still here wondering why you let me in when I didn't deserve someone as wonderful as you. 

Babe, I know we're not going to be perfect parents, I know that because we're not perfect but we can try to get close, we can teach Haneul good morals and how to be God fearing, we can teach her so much and she'll be one of the best thing that has ever happened to us. 

Lastly, I want you to know that you're not the only one petrified, so am I and there's so many questions in my head about everything and anything but you know what I'm not as worried because I have you and I know with you I'll be just fine and I hope you feel the same way. I hope that you can find it in yourself to lean on me for support. 

I love you lots, Bum 

P.S Please don't forget your vitamins and take care today love. 

<3 KJH'

Kibum is wiping his tears by the end of the letter because how can he ever doubt himself how could he after Jonghyun had already showered him with so much love and affection even before they got married and now that they're taking the biggest step into their marriage with Haneul in the way how could he think of leaving Jonghyun hanging in the air like that after all he's done for the younger male. The persistence and determination he showed just so Kibum would notice him, the younger still can't imagine just what his life would be like if didn't fall in love with the secret admirer that left all those silly post-it notes on his cabin. So maybe he should have a little more faith in himself to be a good enough parent and husband for Haneul and Jonghyun. 

"There he goes again baby pea, casually making me fall in love all over again," Kibum whispers down to protruding belly with a smile. 

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

December (39 weeks) 

Today was his last flight before he finally leaves for his paternal leave and as much as Jonghyun hates to be far away from his family he knew that he needed to stay positive and treat this as a step closer towards more time with his little angel. 

Kibum on the other hand who was busy preparing the elder's lunch quickly feels a sharp jab like pain in his stomach and the pain comes in quick succession one after the other and soon after Kibum can no longer take the searing pain that feels as if a whole crowd of people had just stampeded over his stomach and then back and over again, sending the younger down into one of the dining room chairs head down on top of the oak table and in constant agony with both hands wrapped around his stomach protectively. 

"J-Jjong... Jjong!" Kibum is screaming for the elder male.

Jonghyun was already making his way down when he here's Kibum's strangled calls and with an uneasy feeling swelling at the pit of his stomach he's scrambling down the stairs as fast as he could. 

"Babe what's wrong... what's happening- Kibum!" Jonghyun is quickly making his way to the younger male.

"Take me to the doctor I can't take it... It hurts so bad," Kibum is already crying into Jonghyun's neck as the elder swings the younger's body into his own before making a quick beeline out the door and into his car. With every step Jonghyun was taking he was quick to reassure the younger that everything would okay that Hanuel would be safe. 

"It's okay babe maybe it's finally time, it's a little early but maybe our little princess just wants to be out and ready to explore the big wide world," Jonghyun says as he comforts the younger who was sat in the passenger seat not even a bit least relieved from his agonising pain. Jonghyun knew that this really might be the case with his new found knowledge with regards to pregnancy it's more often than not that a searing pain will be felt around the stomach area before a baby is to be delivered usually serving as a sign that it's time. 

It didn't take long for the couple to arrive to the hospital with Kibum being rushed quick inside, Jonghyun relieved when they spot their family doctor running straight towards them after all the commotion. 

"Jonghyun what's happening?" Doctor Kwon asks as they wheel Kibum into a room. 

"Kibum... he just started yelling for my name and then he was talking about how much his tummy hurts and I think he's going into labour... I don't know," With every word Jonghyun is sqeeuzing Kibum's arm the younger now finding it extremely hard to breath and face still contorted into a painful scream. 

"Don't worry Jonghyun, I'll check Kibum's vital signs and keep him safe for the mean time just collect yourself together and when everything is good I'll call you over when I'm finished," Jonghyun is already nodding his head as the doctor gave his shoulders a light squeeze. 

If Kibum is going into labour then Jonghyun is absolutely elated but he just can't find it in him to be one hundred percent happy when Kibum is in so much pain and there's nothing he can do about it, he feels so helpless. 

The elder male is pacing around the hospital halls silently praying and wishing that Kibum is alright and that Haneul is too. 

"Hyung, I'm so sorry but I don't think I can make it today... I just... I think I'm gonna be a father soon and I really don't want to miss it," Jonghyun says on to the phone receiver apologetically and he really is. 

"Then I guess I'm gonna have to do some early god father duties then, I'll take your shift I'm free anyways and I'll tell the boss to let you off early," the male voice replied. 

"I owe you big time, Jinki hyung," Jonghyun is so relieved he knew that if there's anyone that has his back then it'll be the elder. The two had been co-pilots for the past 5 years and what they have between them is no longer friendship but a brotherhood.

"Don't forget to send me a picture of my beautiful god-daughter... I'm seriously happy for you kiddo," Jinki replies and Jonghyun could tell that the elder is genuinely happy for him a smile probably painted on his face as he says those words, before bidding his farewell to the younger man. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It felt like he's been waiting for hours on end just by staring at the wall clock ticking and tacking;  mocking him. 

The only thing right now that's keeping him sane is the thought that both Kibum and Haneul are in great hands, but he couldn't help it that feeling of being completely unaware of what's happening; what's going to happen. 

Jonghyun was quick to rush towards the doctor as soon as he spots him, if it wasn't for the fatherly smile that was clear present on the doctor's face then Jonghyun would have been quick to think the worst.

"How are they?" The younger males asks and the elder place his hands on the younger's should before giving it a squeeze. 

"They're fine, don't worry. It was a false alarm but I advice you both to stay in the hospital, it won't be long until the real thing happens and we want Kibum and Hanuel safe." Jonghyun is relived to b the receiver of the good news and soon Doctor Kwon is bidding his farewell with Jonghyun politely bowing his head in return.

When Jonghyun was finally given the nod of approval, he's quick to slip into the younger's room. The elder was greeted by Kibum's slumbering face, the skin around his eyes and cheeks stained red and a painful tug could be felt when Jonghyun notices that even in his sleep Kibum is tightly holding on to his stomach. How scared must of Kibum been, dealing with all this pain along with the looming thought of his daughter being harmed Jonghyun couldn't even imagine what Kibum had gone through and he wishes he could take all of the younger's pain away but he also knew that it would be best to become a strong pillar the younger could lean on to when in pain. 

The elder quietly makes his way towards the sleeping male, gently tugging on the white linen before covering the younger's body better and soon with Kibum all comforably tucked in Jonghyun is seating beside him fondness in his eyes. He lets the pad of his hand to dance around Kibum's plump face, from the younger's lips to his eyes and Jonghyun is smiling with every breath the other is taking because the rise and fall of his chests is a strong indication that he's alive and real that he's right there in front of him. 

"It must of been painful but well done for pulling through," Jonghyun whispers into the younger's hands the ones he managed to slip his own hand under.

"I was so scared, Bum. You don't know how worried I was for you and Haneul." In the lifetime he's lived there wasn't much that scared Jonghyun but somehow anything remotely related to Kibum has him scared less and now that it's no longer just the younger that's making his world go round with the addition of their little angel, scared is nothing but an understatement to the terror he was feeling. The stress from the whole ordeal was enough to send the elder brunette into his own deep slumber. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was the soreness of his body that wakes the younger blonde up from his peaceful sleep. Instantly worry cloud his eyes as it dwells upon an unfamiliar place; white walls and the damned smell of alcohol antiseptic but it wasn't until a much more comforting warmth is felt radiating beside him that has the worry he felt overshadow quickly by something much closer to relief.

"Jjong... baby," Kibum's voice roughened by his slumber, his once enveloped hand making their way to elder's face gently its surface and like magic Kibum's touch has the other's eyes slowly parting and soon a pair of brown round orbs were staring at the younger. 

"How do you feel? Are you hungry at all? Do you want me to get something... Bum I was so worried," Jonghyun rambled quickly standing up hands flying up to check on Kibum's temperature before a relieved sigh escapes his lips and it has Kibum faintly smiling. 

"I'm just tired." Kibum whispered and all Jonghyun could do was nod in acknowledgement as his eyes  takes in pale skin, dry lips adding up into one drained appearance but Kibum knew that he had to muster a smile to keep his husband from panicking even more, "So what happened?" Kibum adds before lips were tugged into a small smile. 

"You experienced a false alarm," Jonghyun begins to explain, "they say that it's usually more likely to happen to first timers since you're still not aware of what a real delivery would feel like. It's nothing to worry about but the doctor did advice us to stay admitted in the hospital." 

"Does that basically mean I'm going to give birth anytime soon?" Kibum asks and Jonghyun throws a small smile toward his direction. 

"Basically." 

"So stop frowning and be happy our little princess is going to be with us... isn't that right baby pea you must of been so excited to finally meet us," Kibum points out his hands cupping Jonghyun's face as his thumbs pull is each corner of the elder's lips widening the small smile that grazed his face wider, before displacing one of his hands into the unmissable bulge of his stomach grinding happily as he simultaneously pats on the elders cheek and his baby bulge as he finishes his sentence. 

All that's left to do is wait for the big day, when Kim Haneul finally makes her wonderful entrance into the world and when that day comes it'll be the happiest Jonghyun and Kibum will ever be. 

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

Okay so maybe it took longer to update than originally planned but I'm really sorry I hope this update was worth the wait and yes although Kibum and Jonghyun experienced a false alarm rest assured that by the next update their little cutie patootie will make her grand entrance. 

I hope you guys are all ready for Kim Haneul, she'll have not only Jongkey captivated but you readers as well and can I just say a big thank you to every body that comments, subscribes and the list of what I'm thankful for is endless. However I sincerely appreciate the love you're giving to this little fic of mine.

And please don't forget to request any cute or funny episodes you'd want to see as a chapter or a short drabble in this AU! I can't wait to see what my lovely subscribers can concoct in their Jongkey filled minds. 

Comment. Subscribe and Share the love <3

-iloveyou-