+ chapter one。

Filling the Spaces In.
 
 
 
 

 

Baek Yerin's P O V ; 

 

Yugyeom and I had been best friends since elementary school. I still remember the day when we first met. It was the first day of 1st grade and we were in the same class. Unintentionally, I collided with his head trying to reach for my pencil that had been knocked out on the floor. I didn't know that he was trying to reach it too. From that time on, we got close to each other, talked, and became best of friends.

He was like my brother; a brother whom I could lean on when I had problems, a brother who was beside me when I was in trouble, a brother who loved me for who I am... at least as a sister. What he didn't know is that I was deeply in love with him ever since the day we first met; which saddened me the most.

After 5 years of my dependence with Yugyeom, I took the courage of moving on. Moving far away from him was the only option, it was the only plausible solution to be able to welcome the new world.

Before the final goodbye, we made a promise to call each other as often as we could. Since we would be two continents away from each other, I summoned my courage to confess. Tomorrow, I decided.

The much awaited day came; but destiny evaded. He was nowhere to be found. I tried calling his phone but no one was answering. I left the country worried and heartbroken and thinking that maybe he had a good excuse why he didn't go.

 

One Year Later.

There was no sign of him. it worried me night and day while his face kept flashing back. I wondered what happened to him, to all the words of assurances, and to our friendship. Has he forgotten? A call was always aborted; he was either not at home or the phone was shut off. I was tired of her mom's line, "Oh he's not here, I'll tell him you called." With all my foolishness, I would wait and would call again. It was quite obvious that he was avoiding me; but, as a hopeful friend or as desperate secret lover, I remained deaf and blind. He would call, that was my constant reliever.

 

On my 9th grade.
 
My mind is full of 'What If?" I had nothing but questions. What did I do wrong that made him so mad? Am I so disgusting that he decided to abandon me? Many questions disturbed my wits. But the too bothersome questions were a simple, WHY? Why I haven't gotten anything from ever since I left? Comforting word were not enough, they healed temporarily, but every time the sun set, I felt the world in me retreated.
 
 
 
Two years had passed.
 
Remembering and worrying about him had become my diversion. He had been part of my life, in waking up, in reading my books, in going to school, and when I was about to sleep. I battled against removing him from my system, but I would always fail. I knew now that love had its way of tormenting the heart.
 
A week later, I recieved a surprise letter which indicated his home address. My hands were trembling while opening the letter. I was trying to leave a couple of parts, looking for a particular insciption.
 
My eyes couldn't move. The word comatose stuck and pierced my heart. My whole body was hed imprisoned on the spacious and invisible space surrounding the room. I was more than shocked; I felt half of me was also dying.