Three

Soundscape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soundscape ch.3

By Eiryia

 

Jinwoo watched as Seunghoon walked down towards the kitchen. He could tell that he was angry, but he honestly didn’t know what else he could do. Feeling like he was no good at giving advice he didn’t want to meet Mino alone and… Maybe he had trust issues? He hoped they all could get to know Mino better because he really liked him.  Thinking he should probably give Seungyoon a heads up about the visitor he went over to knock on his door. No one answered so he slipped inside looking around for any sign of Seungyoon.

He thought he could hear running water and went over to knock on the bathroom door. Stopping for a moment, he almost got hit in the face as Seungyoon opened the door walking out with only a towel around his waist.

"Oh!"

Was all Seungyoon said when he saw him standing there.

"Peeking at me while I shower?"

He asked teasingly while walking over to his wardrobe. Seungyoon put on a shirt before pulling on underwear and pants without a hint of shyness.

"I just came to warn you that we are having an extra guest over for dinner. In case you were planning on wandering around half .."

Seungyoon just smiled still not having buttoned up his shirt and came walking towards him while drying his hair with his towel.

"Thanks for the warning."

He said before giving him a humorous wink on his way back into the bathroom. Was he like this with everyone, Jinwoo wondered. He didn’t really know Seungyoon all that well, but he always wanted to get to know him better. He looked great that’s for sure. Not that it mattered.

"Seunghoon is making dinner. I wanted something European, I hope you don’t mind"

He heard Seungyoon’s unique laughter from inside the bathroom before saying,

"We all know that means pasta!"

Jinwoo laughed as well. It was true, if one didn’t specify and only said European food Seunghoon would always make pasta. He wanted pasta so it was all good.

Checking his phone while walking to the living room he noticed how he had received a text message from Mino.

He had already arrived outside the building and was wondering if it was okay for him to come up. Jinwoo knew that even if Seunghoon was angry he had already called the receptionist below, letting them know he was welcome.

Texting Mino back he headed towards the front door to greet him. A good five minutes went by before he heard a single knock on the door. He thought it was cute how he didn’t use the doorbell.

"Welcome."

He said opening the door to let Mino inside. His dog was huge with a long fluffy fur and a sulky expression. After noticing the dog he noticed the duffle bag Mino was carrying. Mino noticed what he was looking at and said,

"Either I’m staying over for the night or I’m leaving for a hotel after this. I’m not going back there tonight."

He then flopped off his sneakers and headed casually down the hallway taking of his dogs leash as he went.

"This way, right?"

Jinwoo watched Mino curiously, he must have felt the welcoming atmosphere, or something along those lines. Following behind him he wondered if it really would be okay. Maybe inviting him here was a bad idea? Mino passed a corner and Jinwoo heard a

"Whoa!"

Before following to see what Mino had reacted to. He was staring at Seungyoon who was coming down the hall from his room.

"You live here? What are the chances? I just met you this morning."

Mino said all enthusiastic. Seungyoon shuffled down the hall all smiles before having a closer look.

"I figured it might be you."

Seungyoon said in a lightly amused tone.

"You in trouble?"

He asked Mino like it was no big deal. Mino shrugged like it was no big deal as well.

"Issues with my ex, can’t handle that guy right now so I’m taking the easy way out for once."

He explained it as if he was talking about the weather. When Jinwoo had talked with him on the phone he was infuriated, claiming he would break the guys face if he turned up on his doorstep again.

"Just don’t bring any of your trouble to us."

Jinwoo turned to see Seunghoon leaning against the wall. He was smiling all friendly at Mino as if he had just made a joke, but anyone could tell he had meant what he had just said.

"Don’t worry about it, left all the trouble behind at home."

Mino said in what sounded like a sincere way, to Jinwoo at least. Seunghoon had then greeted Mino properly before he told them it was 15 minutes until dinner was ready and they had all followed him along to the kitchen.

 

Mino followed the others towards the kitchen looking curiously around as he went. The flat was huge with two long hallways leading into a huge living area with views of the city. They gathered around the kitchen island and he asked if it was okay for his dog to roam freely. Seunghoon gave him an approving nod and he watched her take a tour of the living area before heading over to Seungyoon.

“She remembers you.”

He said as Seungyoon begun petting her again. Jinwoo went over to pet her as well, but she dodged his hand and came back to sit beside him. He watched as Seungyoon teased Jinwoo about how the dog only likes him and everyone laughed, even Seunghoon.

They ate dinner and everyone complimented Seunghoon on his cooking. Mino had to admit he was even more excited about the BBQ this weekend now and he hoped he was still invited. It was when they had started desert (which had been a really pleasant surprise) that Seunghoon had asked

“I know we just met and all, but since it appears that you will be staying the night. Can you at least tell us about what happened?” 

Mouth still full of Seunghoon’s homemade sorbet, he nodded. He decided to leave names out of it though. He didn’t wish for any of them to actually do anything about it, but it might help him get things at a distance so he explained

“I was dating this guy up until a few months ago, really clever, good looking, rich as hell...”

He met Jinwoo’s eyes for a moment and decided to skip the description.

“Anyway it ended because of several reasons, but one of them was due to a huge mistake on his part. We don’t get along at all anymore. As you might know I write books, I don’t know if you know about the story...”

He took a few more mouthfuls of his sorbet and looked around. They were all watching him closely, but no one spoke.

“The plot of the book is loosely based on my old life. Got in to some trouble here and there. Never broke any laws though.” He added as he saw Seunghoon’s expression, he obviously knew a little of the happenings in the book.

Taking another break he looked at them all again. Seungyoon looked intrigued, as if he was talking about one of his book plots. Jinwoo had this slightly dazed look, he was probably thinking back on the book as he had actually read it.

“The same doesn’t go for everyone in that book now does it?”

Seunghoon stated more than he questioned and Mino nodded in agreement.

“This ex of yours, he thinks you have something do to with the break

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter