Loss

Debilitated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung Mi~

Drip Drop Drip Drop.

The sound of rain falling all around me. But I don't move.

The bitter wind bites through my thin sweater. But I stay still.

Thunder roars above me, demanding and loud. I don't flinch.

Nothing can move me now. I'm a statue, rooted into place by it's own sorry fate.

Because I've decided. There's no going back.

There's nothing to go back to.

I close my eyes as a flash of lightening splits the sky. I chose the right day to do this, the right place, that's for sure. The tallest building in my city. What better way to go out? The weather reflecting the feeling of the occasion...

Or does it? 

Is it not relief I feel washing over me? Is my pulse not steadier and calmer than it has ever been? Is it not closure spreading through my mind?

I'd be lying if I denied it. 

A soft smile forms on my lips as I sway forward. The road is deserted. No one will witness my last seconds. I'm alone. Like I've always been. Just mere steps from the edge. Only, now it's more in the literal sense. I exhale, watching my breath form clouds in the cold air.

A frenzied chatter below suddenly awakes me, and I frown slightly, as I see a group of high school students walking by. High school. Those perfect times, where I was the top of my class, even moved up a year for superior skills. I miss those times. 

Just before it all went wrong. 

Lightning splits the sky above me, as the weather triggers a reaction from me.

I sigh, closing my eyes, as a memory surfaces, but allow it to do so. I should see it one last time, shouldn't I? Before it's all over.

Flashback

"Oh my gosh," Yura squealed beside me. "You did it!"

I didn't look up to my friend and classmate, my eyes too preoccupied with scanning the paper in my hand. There were a number of percentages, but there was only one that I was worried about. I couldn't have read it wrong, could I?

 

Over all m ath result:

A+ 

98%

I dropped the brown envelop as my friend embraced me, hugging her back as the two of us squeal.

"I passed! I PASSED!"

"You didn't just pass, you aced it!" she squealed again.

"And you too!"

"I know!"

Yura had been my fellow victim in each and every maths lesson of the year, and it had established a bond between us two sufferers. Having been seated next to the popular girl in maths hadn't been easy at first, especially when I wasn't necessarily one of them, but we got on surprisingly well. Especially when she found out who my boyfriend was. Not only did was I welcomed into their group, I kind of became the front of the most popular girls in school.

It had been a long year, but it seemed all the studying paid out, since I now stood here, amongst all the other seniors presented with a hundred percent pass rate. I did it. Not only did I skip a year, but I did it.

"Sung Mi!" A deep voice called. I turn with a huge smile, to face him.

It was him. My boyfriend. 

He had always been considerate, playful and understanding. Never petty... until that day. The two of us met in middle school, became friends. He got popular as we hit high school, and took me with him, when we finally became a couple. I couldn't have been luckier, at the time that is.

I guess I was too distracted to see how much surface meant to him. It was easy to be with him, I never reconsidered.

I turned back to my friend, throwing her an apologetic smile.

"Go," Yura smirked.

I nodded, shooting her a grin before heading over.

"I did it Oppa!" I cried, rushing over and he embraces me. "A+!"

"I knew you would," he smiled as he released me. 

"Did you...?"

"The same as you," he smiled, pinching my cheeks.

"Well done! Omo, Appa and Omma are going to be so happy!" I exclaimed, as he smiled, shrugging it off.

"We should celebrate," he took my chin in between his thumb and forefinger, tilting my head up, so I stared right into his mischievious eyes,

I saw what he was doing, and with a chuckle I leant forward, pecking him on the lips quickly, but firmly shaking him off. 

"See you tomorrow Oppa," I chuckled, causing a watching Yura to giggle, patting Myungsoo pityingly as I took ff at almost a run.

 

As I sat on the cramped bus, I fiddled with my phone, dialing my home time and time again. When the automated voice tone plays for the umpteenth time, I lose my patience.

"We're sorry, but the person you're trying to cont-"

"Aish!" I groaned, slamming my phone down on my lap. "Great. My greatest achievement yet, and they can't even celebrate with me."

I should've known. Right from that second, I should've known. But I didn't.

Sighing, I turn my phone around, only to see the screen announcing an incoming call. My frown instantly turned into a smile, as I read the name.

Jiminnie

Jimin. My best friend for as long as I could remember; we grew up together. Because of that fact, he was also Jung Kook's close friend, but as he was in my year, we leveled too. He hated the nickname since we wee kids, which was precisely why I had insisted on saving it as that. But we'd both grown up, and changed from silly toddlers into adults. He had matured, definitely shed the 'Jiminnie' skin. 

A dancer, playful guy with a handsome face. The ultimate catch, though he had never had a long term girlfriend, and I often wondered why. 

Still, I could always turn to him, and share my best memories and moments, like now, as I placed the phone to my ear.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jimin. -nie," I answered, addng the last bit quickly, and smiled as the familiar voice broke into a chuckle, as he quickly guessed I had received my desired results, and continued to keep me smiling all the way home.

* * *

"OMMA! APPA! I'M BACK!" I yelled, as I knocked on the door, slipping my phone into my pocket.

AS I stood there in anticipation, a wet droplet landed on my head, causing me to shiver instantly. I frowned, holding a hand out in front of me and looking up. Another cold wet droplet hit the surface of my palm.

"That's weird, it was sunny when I got off the bus." I murmured. But now, the sky was anything but light, dark foreboding clouds covering any patch of blue.

I quickly got my key out, unlocking the door and stepping in. I turned, closing the door softly behind me. My eyes instantly flew to a speck of colour on the inside of the door. A bright yellow post it note.

Went out for lunch honey, will be back soon.

Omma and Appa

P.s. Jung Kook is out with friends.

I frowned as I saw my younger brothers name.

"Tch, typical," I tutted, flopping down on the sofa. "Everyone's having fun but me. Well, I'm not moving till the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter