How To Win

~The Quill & Ink Hunhan Writing Competition~ | Open For Entries | Apply Now!

You can use this as a sort of "cheatsheet", but it won't necessarily guarantee you a win. 

 

Firstly, I freaking love angst, so making me cry will help you to score high marks.

Secondly, if you use an OC as one of the main characters, or it's one of those "you" stories, it will need to be amazing to do well, because they usually make me feel uncomfortable so I don't usually read them. 

Hunhan, Kaisoo, and Baekyeol are my three OTPs so if you include Kaisoo and/or Baekyeol as side pairings you'll probably score higher in the overall enjoyment section of the rubrics. Again, it's not a guarrantee that you'll win if you do this. It'll just increase your chances. 

While on the subject of side-pairings, I don't usually read stories that pair anyone from my three OTPs with someone else (e.g. pairing Luhan with Xiumin or Kai with Chanyeol). 

Grammar's important to me, so it has to be almost absolutely perfect to score full points in that section of the rubrics. 

Make it original. Some cliches are alright as long as it helps the story progress, but a story that's full of cliches will score low in both originality and overall enjoyment.

 Finally, personally, top!Sehun will always beat top!Luhan. 

 

Remember, this is only to help. At the end of the day it's your story so write it the way you want to.

I hope this helps~