Pluviophile

Beautiful Words, For You

Pluviophile

(n) a lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

________________________________________________________________

 

"I like rain." She says.

 

"You do?" My teeth chatters slightly, and I envelope my own body with my arms, blinking some rain off from my eyes.

 

She doesn't look affected as I am. She looks fine. Her wet bangs stick on either side of her forehead, her face is weirdly sparkling under the assault of rain, her lips are moist, looking more alive than under the shade.

 

She looks so damn lovely. Oh so fine.

 

"Yeah," she answers, looking straight ahead. I try to find what she's looking at but the rain's blocking almost ninety-percent of my ability to see. "You don't."

 

She said it like it's a fact. Like it's written down the bible. Like it's an unspoken general opinion in this whole neighborhood. Like she knows me the best. She knows me the bestMaybe that's why she's smiling when she said that. Her lips parted and she's grinning. 

 

I look away, "I do." I lie. My body's shivering under the violent breeze. It's getting harder to stand up.

 

She doesn't say anything, her eyes are still looking at everything but particular. I tug at the hem of her sleeve. One tug. The next one I do it twice. She looks at me at the third time. Her thick eyebrows are arching, waiting for me to continue.

 

"Wendy let's go home.." She looks at me with her unwavering expression. "It's just- it's getting heavier. The rain. You might get sick." I try to sound convincing, although I know I'm bad at this kind of stuffs.

 

"Spare me a minute," she mumbles. I almost failed to catch it. "I'll be back before dinner." She adds.

 

"But we have schedules tomorrow, we can't afford you to get sick." I try once again. Unfortunately, it goes downhill as she shakes her head repeatedly. Her wet hair doesn't fly like how it does when it's dry.

 

 

"It should be you who shouldn't get sick." She counters back. She wants to push me away. She doesn’t realize that I have literally glued myself to her.

 

"We're in this together." I insist. I force her to face me, looking into her eyes directly.

 

Her orbs are shaking slightly, before it goes back to steady. I chew the bottom of my lips, preventing it from trembling uncontrollably. Cold. Her looks. The rain. So cold.

 

"You shouldn't." her eyebrows pinch together. She wants to divert her eyes somewhere, but I hold her by her chin, stopping her from escaping our staring battle.

 

She sighs in defeat. "You should go home Joohyun."

 

"I like rain." I repeat how she said it earlier. Her tone, her volume, I imitate it like a doll. In this case though, she stares at me like I'm a flying human. "We are in this together." I say it for the second time as well.

 

After a few silences, she finally nods. "Alright," she smiles apologetically, putting down whatever mask she's wearing just now. Her fingertips reach my cheek lightly, like hovering, but touching at the same time. She's scared. 

 

I know her the best.

 

"I'm sorry." She sounds guilty for doubting me.

 

"It's alright." I take her hand off my face and lace our fingers together. I stand by her side, our shoulders touching. "It's alright to adore the rain." I want to make the atmosphere lighter.

 

She laughs.

 

"Oh Joohyun. You should’ve known that I adore you more than anything in this world."

______________________________

a/n: an abstract drabble i made in my free time! i feel like sharing it to you all since today is wenrene day~ hope u enjoy it and do comment ^^; thank u very much!!