Mellifluous

Beautiful Words, For You

Mellifluous 

(Adj.) a sound that is sweet and smooth, pleasing to hear.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Irene voice is beautiful, no, mellifluous, Wendy had always thought so. Irene's voice is like the sound of the rain hitting the ground in a calming way. Irene's voice is like the sound of the forest with light ray marched out between the trees and leaf. Irene voice is like a flowing clear water in a river that brought people into live. Irene's voice is a nature she couldn't live without. She value it like she value the oxygen, she value it like it was the core of her pumping heart.

 

Irene's voice is really sweet, every time she heard her talking she feels like she was eating a candy inside of or in this case ears. Irene voice is smooth too. As smooth as a feather, as smooth as her delicate hands, so gentle and such a pleasure to be heard. Not too loud, not too soft. Not too demanding, not too weak. Irene has it right.

 

It may sounds cliché, it is cliché that she thought each words uttered by the leader is a lyric, a song. She couldn't help but to be in daze and drown at it, with not much effort to pull her own body up to the surface. The variety of tones, the richness of the density of her voice, and her approachable pitch, she wondered why Irene's never satisfied with her ability to sing. Wendy thought it's good enough, her heart say it's perfect.

 

And now, as their fingers intertwined with each other, limbs tangled on one another, and the gap between their body were filled together, Wendy felt content. Her heart is beating as fast as the tickling clock, her breath is matching with the sleeping girl's because she's afraid she'd wake her up from her much deserved sleep. Irene here has been overworking herself lately, and Wendy ought to give a small present and that is letting her rest.

 

Staring at the moonlight escaping the curtain that landed at the face of the leader, her leader, Bae Joohyun, she pressed her lips lightly in between the girl's eyebrows before she pulls Irene’s exhausted body deeper to her embrace. Irene snuggles her way closer and mumbles some incoherent words. It bring smile upon Wendy's face.

 

"Seungwan.."

 

It was a call of her name..

 

Even though it's barely a whisper, even though it sounds hoarse and dry, even though it's not as thick and as enchanting like how Irene’d always talk in the daylight, it was soothing. She feels a sense of triumphant to be one of those rare people who could hear her talking like this, and she's proud that the words itself were assigned for her and her only.

 

At the end of the day, Irene voice is perfect. Wendy would not want to have it any other way.

***

A/n: one short update because i feel like it. enjoy!