Reconciliation

The Unexpected

“Where have you been?”

 

Ra Jin sighed, she knew Luhan would be home by now but a part of her still held onto that last string of hope that she’ll get home before him. She didn’t like answering any of Luhan’s unnecessary questions whenever she goes out.

“I went out,” she replied plainly.

Taking her purse off of her shoulder, she proceeded to her room so she can go change into something more comfortable.

“Where did you go?” Luhan followed closely behind her, and continued to interrogate his wife until she tell him where she went and who she was with.

“The convenience store,” she answered, “I needed to get some stuff.”

She wasn’t lying, she was at the convenience store. She just got lucky that the convenience store was also Sehun’s workplace.

“Don’t tell me you went to the store where Sehun works at.”

There was a serious tone to Luhan’s question.

Ra Jin simply just gave him shrug. If she say that she did indeed go see Sehun, then they’ll just argue again about last night’s matter again. If she lie and tell him it was a different store then he won’t believe her.

“Ra Jin, I thought I told you I didn’t like you hanging out with Sehun anymore,” Luhan stated, “Especially after that little performance he did at the reunion last night.”

“That’s why I went to see him today,” she replied, “I wanted to ask why he did it. It’s not big deal Luhan, he told me it was a dare.”

“It doesn’t matter if it was a dare or not. What matters is that he kissed you. He shouldn’t have done that since I was literally right next to you. For goodness sake, does he not have any common sense? Who in their right mind would kiss someone else’s wife right in front of them?”

Luhan was furious at this point. He couldn’t even concentrate one bit today at work due to the flashbacks of yesterday’s night. He didn’t like seeing his wife’s lips on someone else’s. Her lips are his and only his.  

“Calm down Luhan, this is seriously ridiculous.” Ra Jin tried to reasoned.

“It wasn’t even a kiss, it was just a peck on the lips. Besides, the only two people on his sides were Joo Hyuk and I. I think it was a smart choice for him to kiss me instead of Joo Hyuk. I don’t think he would’ve liked having the reputation of turning gay after graduating school.”

“Smart choice?” Luhan repeated her words with agitation, “You thought it was a smart choice for him to kiss you? Did you enjoy getting kissed by him? Ra Jin, do you perhaps have feelings for Sehun?”

Ra Jin slightly laughed.

Feelings for Sehun? If she had feelings for Sehun, it would’ve began years ago since she practically have known him since they were still in diapers. If only Sehun’s family didn’t go bankrupt, he might’ve been the man she was supposed to marry instead of Luhan. Her having feelings for Sehun would make no sense because if she did, wouldn’t she have felt something during all the time they had ? She wished she had feelings for Sehun, maybe then she can divorce Luhan, cut all ties with her family, and run away so she doesn’t have to live such a boring life anymore.

“Luhan, that’s absurd. I’ve known Sehun all my life, if I did, it would’ve started long time ago.”

That was true. If Ra Jin and Sehun had feelings for each other, they would’ve dated long time ago but his wife never dated anyone so it wouldn’t make sense for her to have feelings for Sehun. Luhan was starting to realize how ridiculous his question was. He lowly chuckled. Actually, he realized he blew this whole thing out of proportion. What Ra Jin said was right, it was a dare and she even assured him that she doesn’t have any feelings for the fella so there’s no need to make this issue bigger than it’s already is anymore.

“Sorry, I must’ve been out of my mind for a moment.”

“It’s fine. Can we just forget about this and go grab something to eat. I’m pretty hungry right now.” Her stomach was already growling from not eating anything besides some hangover soup in the morning. She spent the whole day helping Sehun clean, sleeping, and then rushing home to Luhan that she totally forgot to have a proper meal.

“Let’s go. I was thinking… pasta?” Luhan proposed. Pasta was one of his wife’s favorite food.

“Sounds good,” she smiled, “I’m always down for pasta.”

 

 

 

After an amazing meal at one of Ra Jin’s favorite Italian restaurant, the couple came back to their quiet house. Although their house was quiet, it was surely big for just two people.

“Heading to bed?” Luhan questioned his wife as he loosened his tie.

“Yeah,” Ra Jin answered, “Having a full stomach is making lazy and sleepy.”

“Do you want some wine?”

Wine does sound good right now, Ra Jin thought. It will certainly balance the greasiness from the pasta she had earlier.

“Yeah,” she nodded, “Let me go shower and change into something more comfy. I’ll join you in 15 minutes.”

After some time passed, Ra Jin walked out of the bathroom with damp hair and her pajamas on. She settled onto the couch where Luhan was seated and picked up her glass of wine that he poured for her.

She twirled the cup a little before sipping the sweet liquid.

Luhan stared at his wife’s profile as she enjoys her wine. How did he get so lucky to marry such a beautiful woman, he wondered.

“You’re really pretty, did you know that?”

Ra Jin scoffed, “Are you drunk already Luhan?”

He shook his head, it wasn’t the alcohol that made him realize he married a beautiful woman. His wife have always been pretty.

“Do you love me?”

Ra Jin decided to take another sip out of her glass instead of answering. Not going to lie, Luhan is everything a woman can wish for in a husband, but she just didn’t have that kind of feelings for him. Even if she did live with him for three years now. Her heart just never palpated for him like it’s shown in movies when a person is in love.

Luhan leaned closer to her and inhaled the floral aroma coming from Ra Jin’s freshly washed hair. “Can you just tell me you love me?”

She smiled at the drunkened guy, “I can’t tell you I love you but I like you more than the neighbor's dog if that makes you feel any better.”

He lightly chuckled. At least he knows that if the dog and him were both to fall into the ocean, Ra Jin would save him first.

Luhan knew not to bring his hope up but he has been doing so for the past three years. He just doesn’t understand why Ra JIn never wants to open her heart for him. He have done everything possible to make her happy but she just seem so indifferent to everything. Sometimes he wondered if she secretly hates him for marrying her at a young age and stopping her from living her life.

He delicately grabbed a hold of one side of her face and carefully pulled her face closer to his.

“It doesn’t matter if you love me or not because I love you.”

Without another second, Luhan placed his lips on hers. Gently and earnestly kissing her with all his heart.

Ra Jin didn’t mind the kiss at all. It wasn’t the first time kissing Luhan. They kissed on their wedding day. They kissed during their honeymoon. They even slept together for many times before so there’s no need to deny what he was doing. However, there’s no doubt that she felt guilty she can’t return the feelings Luhan has for her.

 

As the young couple make love that night, Ra Jin can’t help but wonder what the future awaits for her.