Bonding

The Unexpected

 

The couple never spoke about the topic the next morning. When Ra Jin woke up in the morning, Luhan has already left for work, obviously sending her a subtle yet notable signal that he was still agitated from yesterday’s event. Luckily for her, he wasn’t the type to stay mad for long so all she can do is wait for his temper to subside and then things will probably go back to normal. 

 

Seeing as there was nothing to do today or any other day as a matter of fact, Ra Jin decided that maybe she should go visit Sehun at his work place. Hanging out with Sehun was definitely more productive than moping around the house all day. 

 

It was a good thing Sehun’s workplace was just around the corner, making it easier for her to walk there. When she entered the convenience store, the male’s voice ranged through her ears, greeting her with a robotic ‘welcome.” 

 

When he noticed that it wasn’t one of his usual customers, he shot her a confused look. “What are you doing here?” 

 

“Is that how you treat your customers?” She asked while shaking her head un-approvingly, “It’s not fun being stuck at home all day so I decided to go out for some fresh air.” She grabbed a bag of chips and placed it over the counter for him to ring it up. “Why? You don’t want to see me?” There was slight pinch of teasing in her tone making Sehun chuckle a bit.

 

“No, I’m glad that you’re here. You can help me clean up the store.” He walked around the counter and handed her mop and a bucket of soapy water. 

 

Ra Jin looked at him in disbelief. She has never once done a job like this throughout her whole life. Since she was brought up in a very wealthy household, she always had maids and servants to do those things for her. She sometimes cleaned her house but the most she did was taking napkins and wiping some stain left by the coffee mug. Other than that, she has a maid that comes in every afternoon to clean her house for her. 

 

“You want me to clean?” She asked him dubiously, still clearly dumfounded by his proposition. “Sehun, if you haven’t forgotten, I don’t do cleaning.” 

 

“That’s what I said a year ago but look at me now.” 

 

After Sehun’s family went broke, things got pretty hard for the Ohs. Sehun’s father was taken to jail due to amount of money he tried to embezzled and his brother was still in Europe studying because his mother wishes for her eldest son to finish his education. That leaves Sehun to take care of himself and his mother, whom was a very fragile lady due to her old age and lack of experience for the real world.

 

Ra Jin pitied Sehun, she tried to help him since he was her friend but he always deny her offers. She even went as far as begging her father to give him a job in his company but being the unforgiving man he was, he always said no because due to the grudge he still holds against the Ohs for failing to pay the money he lent them.

 

Sehun was more than enough qualified for a stable job that pays fairly, considering he did went to college and was pretty smart himself, but due the bad reputation his father has left him to live with, no one would hire the young male. 

 

“Are you just going to stand there and space out all day or help me clean?” 

 

“What? Oh yeah, clean.” Ra Jin held the mop in her hands firmly and began moving it back and forth against the floor. 

 

Watching Sehun to see what she should do next, she followed his actions and dipped her mane into the bucket of water, and then taking it out. Drips and drips of water got onto the floor without the girl’s realization. When she walked to a different part of the store to clean, the water was too slippery for two feet to handle, causing the poor girl to stumble on the ground and eventually leading her to fall on her as she hits the bucket of water on herself. 

 

Now Ra Jin can add another reason to her list of reasons why she should never clean. 

 

Picking herself up from the painful fall, Ra Jin can her someone laughing his off. She glared at the male whose hand was covering his mouth, trying to muffle his loud laughter. 

 

“Funny?” 

 

“Yes. Totally. 100 percent funny. You should’ve seen your face, it was hilarious.” He was still trying to control his laughter, not wanting to hurt her feelings much more than he already has, but the way she fell and splashed the bucket of water all over herself was just too much for him to handle. It was definitely something he was going to use against her in the future.

 

He hung a towel over her head, letting her dry herself up after that disarray. 

 

“Thanks,” she mumbled quietly. 

 

Leaving Sehun to clean up the mess that she has caused, Ra Jin walked outside and sat at a table that was placed all around the store. She dried her hair up with the towel, patting it softly from time to time. 

 

After a few minutes, Sehun came out with two cups of hot coffee, placing one in front of the girl and holding the other one for warmth. Ra Jin picked up the coffee, sipping it little by little in order to at least gain some heat from this cold weather. 

 

“Sehun.” 

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I didn’t get to ask you earlier since it didn’t really come to my mind but what happened yesterday night?” Due to the fact that maybe the poor girl was knocked out after drinking five glasses of beer, she really didn’t understand why Sehun had pulled her up and kissed her right in front of everybody, and not to mention, Luhan was literally right next to her when the scene occurred. She thought that maybe it was one of his silly drunk behaviors since she did notice he had a few drinks when they came in. 

 

“It was a dare. Don’t think too much out of it.”

 

She looks at him incredulously, not buying his justification. Who would anyone dare someone to kiss a married woman right in front of her husband?

 

“Are you sure you just didn’t want to kiss me because I looked exceptionally cute when I am drunk?” She elbowed him on his side, teasing him with her words. 

 

“Cute? You? Don’t make laugh.” 

 

“Why? Aren’t I cute?” She made a v-sign with her fingers, bringing it up to face, attempting to make cute noises with her voice while winking repeatedly. “Oppa, bbuing bbuing.” 

 

“Go home.” 

 

Before she can show him her next killer move that will make him weak to his knees, Sehun has already went back inside the store, leaving her outside in the cold by herself. She scoffed at the retrieving figure, picking up her own two feet, she followed him back inside as well. 

 

“Do you need help with anything else?” 

 

“NO!” After that whole disaster she caused earlier, there was no way that he would let her touch anything in the store that could possibly get him fired. “Just go sit over there or something. Don’t touch anything.” 

 

“Fine,” she rolled her tongue out at him, “I’ll go take a nap by the window then.” 

 

Couple hours has passed by before Ra Jin stirs her body up from the uncomfortable sleeping position that she got herself in. She looked outside as she rubs her eyes, trying to get at least a clue in order to estimate what time it was. The sun was already settling down and soon nightfall was about to hit. Luhan was about to come home soon so she should probably start making her way back home now.

 

When she went up to the counter to say tell Sehun she was leaving, she found him resting on his arm with his eyes closed. Chucking to herself, she went closer and closer to the sleeping figure. Admiring his handsome physiques, Ra Jin glide her one of her fingers over his tall nose and then slowly to his defined jawlines. “If only his personality was as beautiful as his face,” she whispered to herself. 

 

Seeing that there was marker right next to him, she grabbed the dangerous item, pulling off the cap as quiet as possible, she slowly inched it closer to his nose. Right when she was about to doodle on his god-like face, he gripped her wrist tightly, stopping her from going any farther.

 

“Don’t.” 

 

Ra Jin froze in place, unable to even swallow her saliva. Sehun lets go of her hand and sat up. Taking the black marker away from her, he twisted the cap back on and put it back in its original place. 

 

“First you insult my personality and then you try to draw on my face? Do you have a death wish?” 

 

She gave him an innocent smile, trying to free herself from his deadly stares. 

 

“It’s pretty late so I should go home now.” 

 

“Luhan’s coming home.” Isn’t wasn’t a question, it was more spoken as a conclusion.

 

She nodded, feeling kind of guilty for going against his words. “Yeah, I should probably get back before he notices I left.”

 

“You’re not allowed to go out now?” 

 

“I can. It’s just that I’m not supposed to be here.” 

 

Sehun lightly chuckled, “Is there a reason why you can’t be at a convenience store?” 

 

“No, not the store. Here, as in I’m not supposed to be with you.”

 

“And why is that?” 

 

“After your little stunt last night, I don’t think you’re on his good side anymore.”

 

“I was never on his good side to start off with.” 

 

Well, that escalated quickly. Ra Jin didn’t know what to say, so she just stayed quiet. Sometimes, she wishes that Luhan and Sehun can at least try not to hate each other but for some unknown reason, there was just this weary vibe that is showcased between the two men whenever they meet. But then again, it was probably better if the two weren’t on good terms since it’ll be kind of weird if the guy she’s cheating on is friends with the guy she’s cheating with. Whatever, it’s not like she has feelings for any of them. 

 

“And since when have you been abiding to his commands so much?”

 

“I am not. I’m here with you, aren’t I?”

 

“That’s true," he mumbled to himself but loud enough for her to hear his words, "But you shouldn’t feel guilty for doing so. It’s not like he has the rights to tell you where you can be and not.” 

 

Everything that Sehun said was right, she shouldn’t have to feel guilty for visiting her friend. Luhan can’t dictate her life and who she can and cannot hangout with. She was a strong and independent woman for goodness sake. 

 

“Yeah, you’re right but still, I shouldn’t make him too mad. I’ll talk to you later.” Ra Jin said before waving her hands and exiting the store. 

 

Glancing down at her watch, she was sure Luhan has already arrived at home by now. 

 

 

 

 

 


sorry, i dont know where i'm going with this story