Beginning

The Unexpected

 

It was just another regular morning that Luhan and Ra Jin were having breakfast together before Luhan leaves for work. Having to deal with not only his company but also his wife’s really took a toll on Luhan’s stamina. But since he’s been doing this for years now, he has became immune to it. Still, there were moments he wished that he would have more free time to spend with his wife rather than signing papers, or being stuck in a stockholder meeting, or traveling back and forward from China to Korea. 

 

Luhan heaved another big sigh as he stabs some of his eggs and placing it into his mouth. 

 

Noticing her husband’s sour face, Ra Jin decided to speak up to wash away the silent atmosphere, “What’s wrong?” 

 

“Nothing,” he answered her quietly while playing with his food, still clearly upset that he has to leave his wife once again for another business trip. 

 

“Is the food not good?” 

 

“No, no. It’s not that,” he quickly assured her, “It’s just that I have to leave for a couple of days.” 

 

“Yeah, I know. What's the big deal?”

 

“I’m worried you might be lonely while I’m gone.”

 

“Luhan,” she called his name solemnly, “I’ll be fine. It’s not like it’s the first time you’re leaving for a business trip.”

 

It was true. Luhan has gone on more business trips than she can count on her ten fingers. It was more of a ritual that he leaves every once in a while to look over things in China. She was custom to it but obviously he still hasn’t. 

 

“If you tell me not to go then I won’t.” There was a sprout of hope blossoming in his inner self. If she were to tell him to stay, he would automatically comply. Just once, he wished that she would tell him to stay beside her rather than encouraging to him to leave. 

 

“I’m sorry but I’m not going to tell you not to go.” 

 

There’s no doubt that after three years of marriage, Ra Jin still haven’t opened her heart to Luhan. He knew their relationship was just based off of business but he still can’t help but wish that someday she’ll return the feelings he has for her. 

 

“I’ll be back.” Luhan said before standing up and taking his briefcase in his hand. 

 

Walking over to her, he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The whole day, Ra Jin didn’t do anything except self employed herself as a couch potato. When the clock striked 10, her phone automatically lights up, alerting her there was a new message. 

 

From: Sehun 

I’m coming over. 

 

When she was done reading the text, she threw her phone across the couch, not caring if he comes or not. With her arms crossed across her body, she continues to roam the TV for a show that was worthy to watch.

 

After thirty minutes or so, Ra Jin can hear someone pressing in the password to her house, and then heavy footsteps can be heard throughout the living room.

 

After making his way towards her, Sehun immediately collapsed on the couch, settling himself next to her. 

 

“He’s not home?”

 

“No, business trip.” She answered him without taking her eyes off the TV screen. 

 

Now that she thinks about, how does Sehun always know how to come at such a lucky time. Every time Luhan was gone, she would then receive a message or a call from Sehun, saying that he was going to stop by for a few moments… but then ends up spending the whole night at her place.  

 

“Hey, Sehun.”

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“How is that you’re always so perfect with your timing?” 

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

“It happened too frequently to call it a coincident anymore,” she pondered at bit, tapping her index on her chin, “Like, you always show up right after Luhan leaves. How do you do that?” 

 

“I’m friends with his assistance,” he replied causally, his attention still hooked on the TV screen.

 

She nodded slowly, finally understanding how Sehun always manage to come over at the perfect time. She then fixes her attention back onto the movie once again. 

 

“Are you hungry?” She asked him absentmindedly. 

 

“No, not really.” 

 

Fixing his spot due to the uncomfortableness, Sehun heard a paper crumbling behind his back pocket. Sliding his hand down to receive the envelope, he nonchalantly handed over to Ra Jin, totally forgetting he picked it up as he made his way inside her home earlier. “Hey, this was posted on your door.” 

 

“What is it?”

 

He just shrugged, letting her handle her own mail. 

 

Ra Jin peeled the pale yellow color envelope and started reading its content. It was an invitation to her high school reunion, welcoming her and her husband to join the celebration. 

 

After getting married to Luhan, she basically cut all ties with her friends, not that she had much friends to start off with. She had a friend that she hung out during high school but after getting married at such a young age, she basically had no time for her social life. Slowly and and gradually, she just distanced herself from the girl. 

 

“What does it say?” Sehun spoke up, completely pulling her out of her trance. 

 

“It’s just an invitation to our high school reunion,” she replied as she tucks the envelope away.

 

“Oh yeah, I got one too.” Sehun didn’t know if he wanted to attend the event or not. It was probably going to be extravagant and full of snobby people due to the fact that alumnis who went to school there were all millionaires. “Are you gonna go?”

 

Ra Jin thought about it for a minute. Does she want to go? It would be nice to see her friend(s) and classmates again after a long time but then again, she was never really that close to anyone except Sehun, Eunhae, and occasionally Luhan since he was always following her around back then. 

 

“Are you going?” 

 

Sehun was slightly amused by her question, he knew she wasn’t much of a social person but shouldn’t she reply to his question first before asking hers? “I asked you first.”

 

“Umm.. I guess so. What about you?”

 

Turning his body over to face hers, he just gave her a small shrug as a response, moving his eyes down to what she way wearing, he was totally and completely occupied by her exposed legs that was intriguing him in those white shorts. 

 

Sehun slightly scooted himself closer to her, one of his hands began to wander up her soft thighs, caressing it slowly and tenderly. 

 

Ra Jin’s body shivered with pleasure as his hand went up and down her bare legs, drawing unknown pictures against her skin. His hot lips began to lightly graze over her neck, making her breathing hitch a little. 

 

Sehun stood up from his seated position and held out a hand for her to reach. “C’mon, let’s go.”

 

She took his hand and gradually rise from her seat as well, immediately following him into the bedroom. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The guest bedroom reeked the smell of sweat and . Ra Jin and Sehun were still panting, chest heaving up and down, not being to catch their breath after that sensual session couple minutes ago.  

 

It wasn’t the first time they’ve slept together. 

 

Before she was tied down as a married woman, Ra Jin wanted to do something rebellious, she wanted to experience something that she wasn’t going to be able to do after she gets married. After constantly walking back and forth in her bedroom for at least an hour, she finally made up her mind to call Sehun up, asking him for a favor the night before she was forced to marry Luhan. 

 

It was supposed to be a one time thing. It was supposed to never happen again, but the thrill both of them received that night was so purely amazing that she and Sehun agreed to make it something one would call a guilty pleasure. 

 

However, there was a catch. They weren’t allowed to fall for each other. 

 

Call it cheating, call it adultery, call it friends with benefits, call it whatever one may call it, but the fact that it has been going on for more than three years without any one finding out was pretty much a great accomplishment for the two of them. 

 

Sehun took out a pack of cigarettes, placing the cancerous stick to his lips, he then lighted it up with a lighter. He inhaled the addictive nicotine, holding it in for a few moment, and then casually blew out the smoke. 

 

“Since when did you started smoking?” 

 

“Couple months ago.” 

 

“No wonder your lips tasted different.” 

 

“Sorry.” 

 

“No, it was kind of nice,” she ensured him, “Maybe I should learn how to smoke too.”

 

Sehun gawked at her, thinking how can somebody who was brought up in such a sophisticated household be so bold and adventurous. 

 

“What?” 

 

“Nothing,” he replied, still huffing and puffing the deadly paper wrapped in tobacco. 

 

“What made you decide to start smoking?” 

 

“The stress got to me.” With the constant juggling between not being able to pay for rent and having many part time jobs, Sehun was pretty much exhausted, physically and mentally. 

 

After his family went into bankruptcy, Sehun had to work many jobs to provide for his mother and older brother, who was still studying abroad. 

 

“Alright, I’m going to sleep.”

 

Ra Jin turned her body the other way, letting Sehun finish his cigarette before joining her into a deep slumber as well.

 

 

 

 

 


do i tag this story as rated even when i only slightly mention ?