Sole

Cig

 

"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone.  Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone."

-Orson Welles

 

And 5, 6, 7, 8!  Minseok was completely absorbed with dancing.  He was extremely focused, noticing every slight movement of his body.  With all the thousands upon thousands of hours training, Minseok had dancing down to a science.  He could picture exactly how a dance move looked in his head and reproduce it almost exactly, even with new moves. He watched as he locked and popped and then twirled. Then came the pelvic s that he knew would make fans go insane.  He smirked as he remembered the countless faces of Asian girls whose mouths watered at Exo's y dancing. 

He liked the idea of making girls go crazy.

No, he was not the innocent Baozi that people imagined.

He knew what Xiumin did to people.

He always thought it was funny how he was such a weird fatso who only ate and danced.  His mother never thought he would amount to much and he would always hear her yelling that to him.  He didn't excel much in school only because he had no interest in it.  All he did was eat and dance.  Yes, although he got exercise from dancing he was still fat, just like Shindong.  At school, he tended to stay in the background and had only a couple friends. Yes, he was bullied in school.  It was something Minseok didn't like remembering.  Those times were dark.  Although he had a tough time at school, he persevered and ended up focusing more and more at his singing and dancing.  He was influenced by idols like TVXQ and he even mimicked Michael Jackson's moves.  Eventually after graduating high school, Xiumin auditioned for SM, passed the three rounds, became a trainee and everything unraveled from then on. 

Exo was learning choreography for their upcoming comeback.  They had a great choreographer and Minseok was excited.  He stopped dancing for a moment and went to get water.  He chugged a few sips and jumped back to the mirror.

"Ya, Chen let's do that move again."

"Ok, ok!"

"5, 6, 7, 8!"

Sometimes they practiced for five or six hours at a time. They kept going until they absolutely had to stop.  How does Exo have such powerful motivation?  First was the undying feeling to impress Exo-L, Exo's ardent fan base.  They had to improve and excel for their fans.  Second was the web of support that each member laid on one another.  They were brothers, a family.  Yes, there was occasional drama, but managers would force them to work it out if they didn't work it out between themselves first.  Third was the personal goals and motivation each member had for himself.  SM had carefully crafted a group of boys with such fiery desire they could burn down Kim Jong Un's fortress!  Minseok's own motivation increased ten fold with every award Exo won.  He felt accomplished, but it was a thirst that could never be fully satisfied.  He kept working, like a vampire keeps hunting for blood.

"Okay I think we are done for the day, Hyung."  Xiumin said as he peaked behind the window blind only to see darkness. 

"Yeah, take care,” said Chen, who looked way different with his body covered in sweat and hair uncontrolled. Chen would leave a little later because he had a pretty small schedule compared to other members like D.O and Chanyeol. 

Xiumin grabbed his stuff and walked slowly down the brightly lit hallway towards the elevator.  He pressed the button and the door abruptly opened. He was not expecting the person who stood in front of him.

"Oh hey Minseok." 

"Annyeonghaseyo Sooyoungnoona."

"You know, you don't always have to be so formal with me all the time."

He blushed at her remark and she smiled at him. 

"Where you headed Noona?"

"Oh I had to work something out with management and get Sunny's Dior sweater that she left in the practice room. She's always so forgetful. I'm guessing you are headed back to the dorm?"

"Ye, you as well?"

"Ye."

Minseok sighed. Nothing new.

The elevator reached the underground parking garage, which held the two black SUV's they would depart in.  He said farewell to Sooyoung and they parted ways.  He liked her a lot because she always made and effort to talk to him at events when others did not.  He feared some people thought he was a puppet.  Brushing his thoughts aside, he opened the door and got inside with his manager.  He dozed off on the black, comfy leather almost immediately.  He awoke sometime hearing the familiar sound of the gates that led to the dorm open.  In the darkness he could see slight outlines of figures sitting near the gates.  They were Sasaengs.  He didn't care as long as they didn't get inside the dorm.  They reached the entrance of the dorm and he got out.  His wide eyes looked up to notice the moon almost directly above him, shining it's light on his milky skin.  He smiled and went to enter the code for the building. Down the hall, up the elevator, and there he was, Exo's dorm.  They had been upgraded to a nicer, larger dorm and each member had their own separate room.  Secretly, everyone was getting really annoyed with sharing rooms so this upgrade was welcomed with open arms.  He set down his things in his cubby and went up to the second floor. The dorm was decorated contemporary and minimalistic.  It was becoming a popular trend in Korea.  There were six rooms downstairs and five upstairs. The only problem was bathrooms. There being 10 boys and only three bathrooms was tough, but somehow they managed.  The upstairs rooms went Chanyeol, Kai, Xiumin, Baekhyun, and..... Luhan.  Minseok stopped on the stairs and suddenly remembered what happened with Luhan.  Luhan was leaving Exo.  He staggered into his room and closed the door silently.  He slid down to the floor and tears started to come to his eyes at the sudden influx of memories.  Luhan really had it tough.  He remembered the sound of vomiting all throughout the night.  He remembered Luhan complaining to managers about Exo-m's few promotions compared to Exo-k's.  He remembered Luhan collapsing during a dance practice back in July.  But most of all he remembered what a treasure Luhan was to him.   He would always comfort Xiumin and be a trusting friend.  Xiumin had become really close to Luhan, more so than any of the other members.  He had told Luhan secrets that no one else would ever know.  He felt a massive realization come upon him.  Exo without Luhan was...something he did not like the idea of.  He sat there in his room amazed by his revelation.  Luhan was the real reason why Xiumin pushed and pushed.  Of course he did not realize this until Luhan was gone.  He desperately wanted to talk to him.  At that moment, Xiumin's phone vibrated in his pocket.  He reached his hand shakily into his pocket and pulled out the phone.  It could only be one person. Luhan's name glowed on the screen and Minseok felt warmth inside him like never before. 

"Luhan-ah?"

"Omo I thought you would not answer Hyung!"

"Luhan, I...."

"I know I probably shouldn't be calling you, but you are the only person I can trust right now besides my lawyer."

"Luhan, How are you? Where are you?"

"Don't worry I'm staying in a hotel in downtown Seoul trying to keep a low profile."

Xiumin got up from the floor and went to his window.  Coincidentally the moon was in the same place it was when he arrived at the dorm. 

"Luge, Can you see the moon right now?"

"Hold on...Yes Hyung I can...Wow, it is right above me!"

Xiumin smiled at the thought of Luhan's doe eyes staring brightly at the sky with wonder.

"It's above me too."

"That must mean something then."

"Minseok, I need to see you."

Xiumin hesitated.  He wanted to see Luhan too but there were big risks to it.  It wasn't easy for two super idols to secretly meet.

"Don't worry I will find my way to you. Just wait."

"Are you sure about this Luhan?"

"Yes."

"Alright Luhan.  Please take care of yourself."

"Okay, Jalga Minnie. One more thing."

"What?"

"I love you Minseok."

 

*****

Ayy 2nd chapter!  Thanks for reading and I love when people comment! Constructive criticism is welcomed.  I'm a bit unsure of where to go from here but I will keep thinking.  I will try to update this week sometime.