2 worlds, 2 hearts

Cig

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

-Helen Keller
 

 

Luhan was awake.  It was 5 in the morning and the Beijing sky was swiftly brightening.  He didn't usually wake up until 6 am, but he couldn't sleep anyway.  He stretched and looked outside his window.  He liked that the window took up the whole wall.  He could stare out and pretend a different world existed beyond the glass.  A parallel universe.  But it did not.  Just the same dirty and dusty, yet romantic and rustic city of Beijing.  He got up from the bed, not bothering to make it.  Standing by the window, he saw a slight reflection of himself.  He was wearing a blue patterned kimono.  His hair was dark caramel brown.  His skin, white.  He didn't know who he was, or who he was meant to be.  This thought, petrified him.  Nowadays, he was always lost in his head searching for answers, until he or someone else made him snap out of it.  He looked to his past for answers, but saw nothing but mistakes.  At least he has learned from his mistakes...or has he?  Luhans deep thoughts were interrupted by his phone beeping, it was already 6.  He quickly checked his phone, which was already teeming with messages and reminders.  He sighed softly and walked to the shower, scratching his head.  

Luhan and his manager sat in his hotel room.  It was 7:00 and Luhan's private makeup artist, Xiao Xue, was putting on his face for the day. Just like every other day.  His manager sat on the bed relaying to Luhan the day's plans.  Head to the studio, visit with partners, press conference, meeting, etc.. Luhan wasn't really listening.  He was a good actor after all.  Most people would think having a private makeup artist was such a luxury.  Girls would kill to have someone like that.  He just thought it was sad.  Everytime the makeup came off, he almost didn't recognize himself.  Makeup tricked his self esteem.  If he ever dated someone, he wouldn't want them to have to wear tons of makeup to try to impress him, and he wouldn't want to wear loads to impress them either.  Luhan looked up and saw Xiao Xue struggling to cover a pimple that popped up right in the center of his forehead.  It was a nasty one too.  While his manager talked, lost in his world of schedules, Xiao Xue gently said "Luhan a, your skin mirrors your inner health.  If your body is not well, it reflects in your skin."  Luhan nodded, Xiao Xue was always telling him small words of wisdom when it comes to health.  She put on the finishing touches and then stepped away.  Luhan stood up and leaned towards the mirror checking up close.  He ran a thumb over his eyebrow, his expression neutral.  Just another day in "paradise".

Luhan pushed through the day as well as he could.  He almost hadn't remembered how famous he really was until he looked out the window and kept seeing his face.  Ever since coming back to China, every company wanted to feature Luhan in a commercial.  He had done everything from shoes to banana milk.  Each company fought and whoever paid the highest price would win.  Luhan made a lot of money, but was there anything to spend it on?  He didn't really know where the money was going.  Luhan spent most of his time inside, he was either riding in the out van, or inside of some studio.  He hated this part of stardom.  Going out in public was extremely difficult, except when he went to America and barely anyone knew who he was.  His manager was like a broken record, talking to Luhan while he sat in the passenger seat and Luhan in the back.  Xiao Xue sat behind Luhan. 

"Ah? Luhan?" said his manager.

"Dui, dui, dui..." Luhan responded, still not fully listening. 

Luhan stared out the window more, reading the signs.  His eyes zeroed in on a particular sign.  A banner hanging outside of some shopping mall.  It was Exo M, they were promoting their next comeback.  Luhan looked away after the van passed.  He turned his head to the front, mouth slightly ajar.  Exo M would be coming to Beijing, he might be able to see Minseok.  His thoughts were moving too fast, he needed to get back to reality.  There was no way his manager or lawyer would openly agree to him meeting up with his old bandmates.  He might as well try to get details though.

"Exo M is coming to China?" he asked.

"Dui, they are coming in the spring I guess.  They are working on a new album." said his manager.

"Ah, I see." said Luhan.

"They won't be as famous without you ha ha! The Koreans had it coming when they decided to take advantage of Chinese talent." said his manager. 

Luhan frowned and continued staring out the window.  In his mind, he only saw Minseok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----Finally updated lol-----

But seriously, I am so sorry for those of you waiting, I hope some of you are still here!  Still don't know where the story is going, but I want to write anyways!  Thank you all XOXO