Muted Voice

A Series of Sequel Collection

She visibly trembles with the effort to hold her mirth within herself, body tilting towards the window as he expertly maneuvers the sleek car away from the university. Sooyoung forces herself to blank her mind, eyes staring at the vast Hangang River as they crosses the bridge and tells herself there's nothing funny about the still water and passing cars.

"You can let it out you know." The male beside her huffs, eyes hidden behind large aviators but she knows he's far from unaffected if the slight pout of his lips are anything to go by and her amusement ebbs as she laces her fingers with his free hand.

In the years since she was placed under his care, Sooyoung has seen many changes not just in Kris and her as individuals, but largely between them. When before they could hardly comprehend what each other wants without stating it explicitly, Kris and Sooyoung barely has to exchange a glance to understand now.

"Cut them some slack. Who would have thought my guardian to be a male merely seven years older than me when you head a freaking empire. And we obviously don't look alike. Of course they'd put you in the uncle category." She punches the button to the top level as the door silently shut, turning to pluck the sunglasses off his face.

Sooyoung presses her body against Kris as he circles her waist with both arms, locking her in. With her index, she lightly press at the space between his brows to smooth the frown off his face before brushing her lips lightly against his, just as the elevator reaches their level.

"At least you won't have to make such trips ever again since they needed your presence only for some paperwork verification." Kicking off his shoes, Kris pads after Sooyoung towards the kitchen where he finds her puttering around pulling ingredients from the cabinets and fridge.

"Aren't you going to console me with more hugs and kisses?" Even he could detect the whine in his voice as he cringes internally.

When she has gather all that she needs,  Sooyoung snatches her apron hanging off the hook by the wall he's leaning against and flash him a quirk of her lips. "Haven't I given you those fundamentals in the elevator?" But Sooyoung still oblige with his demands, pulling away from him only when they're both out of breath before sliding out of his arms to put on her apron.

"Oppa, think. What else do you usually turn to when you're like this?" Kris purse his lips. The first answer that comes to mind is right in front of him but Sooyoung is hinting at something else obviously.

Watching her mix flour, butter and egg in a bowl, his gaze lands on the peanut butter jar with an accompanying bag of chocolate chip resting against it and he laughs. Kris isn't sure how Sooyoung does it but the girl never fails to push his bad mood away, sometimes even without his knowledge.

"You're making chocolate peanut butter brownie." He nuzzles the spot between her neck and shoulder, hands resting lightly by her hips while she transfers the bowl to the electronic mixer for a thorough mixing.

Once she's adjust the speed and timing, Sooyoung turns back to him with a triumphant look on her face. "Have I consoled you now?"

Kris shakes his head at her childish display but he couldn't deny her claim. Where he once suffered and dealt with his emotions alone, Kris now learns to share them with others and no matter how bad a situation gets, he always makes it through because Sooyoung's there. It doesn't have to be hugs or kisses or chocolate peanut butter brownies to console him. All Kris needs is Sooyoung's presence to brighten his entire being, but she doesn't have to know that.

After all, what fun would there be if he's deprive of the additional benefits?