Second Chance

A Series of Sequel Collection

He hears the tell tale patters of feet before a dark head appears by the doorway heading straight for them with increasing speed. With a move born out of practice, Kris easily scoops Jongin up into his lap before the five years old could reach his mother.

"I tried to stop him, daddy! But Jongin is faster." Yet another dark head peers over the bed at him and Kris reaches over to ruffle Sunyoung's head before lifting her up onto the bed to join his brother, praising the six years old for her effort as the two kids straddle his legs.

"Jongin- ah. What did daddy tell you about being careful around mommy?" He lightly taps at the younger's nose and watches while Jongin's face scrunches up cutely before realizing his mistake, covering his opened mouth with both hands as he stares back at Kris with wide eyes.

All three pairs of eyes turn when they feel the bed shift and Sooyoung wakes with the feeling of being someone's test subject, though her gaze softens at the sight before her.

"I'm past the dangerous period Kris, and you know that. You were there with me when the doctor gives us the okay for ." She laughs as Kris' hand shoots out to cover with an exasperate look even though she states the last sentence in english, the kids listening with curiosity at the switch in language.

Twisting his upper body without jostling Jongin and Sunyoung, Kris helps his wife into a semi-sitting position with pillows cushioning her back till she seems comfortable enough. Jiggling his leg lightly to entertain the kids, Kris is rewarded with light carefree laughter as Jongin flops forward to hug his chest while Sunyoung grabs onto his knees asking for more.

Caught up with their kids, Kris nearly topple both Sunyoung and Jongin in his haste to check on his wife at the loud gasp coming from Sooyoung. Large eyes meet his though he notices it isn't filled with panic but astounded awe.

Before he could ask, Sooyoung grapple for his hand and lightly place them onto her swollen stomach. Fear that something is wrong with their unborn child immediately fades when he feels the movement beneath his palm. It is faint at first, as though he's imagine it, but when the kick comes a second time, Kris looks to Sooyoung with the same amazement she's wearing on her face.

"Mommy? Daddy? Is baby okay?" Jongin tentatively tugs at Sooyoung's shirt, alerting her to the fact that their two kids have been watching on with worry.

"Oh. I'm sorry honey. The baby is fine. Here, place your hands on mommy's stomach." Sooyoung beckons for Sunyoung and Jongin to come closer, positioning their hand beside Kris' larger one.

Both child gasps in unison when the kick comes again, Jongin retracting his hand and flailing wildly at the strange sensation while their oldest carefully smoothes her hand over the area where the baby had kicked at. Looking at the difference in Sunyoung and Jongin, Sooyoung can't help but wonder how their third child will be like. Perhaps a hyper one who Sunyoung would constantly fret, or a docile one whom Jongin could take on as a side-kick in his many adventures.

She smiles at the abundant potential this unborn child could bring as she leans her head against Kris' shoulder in contentment. Their family have come so far since then, after she'd allow Kris back into her life.

They had moved back to Seoul a few months after, much to her friends dismay, but as Sooyoung had promised, they do return for a visit once every fortnight. Kris had insist on keeping the house despite her complain that it'll be a waste of money, though they both know she's more than relieve to not have that house put up for sale. Her father-in-law had been ashamed to face her upon their return, and had been more than willing to be a major investor in her fashion line as a form of atonement (though his investment reaped a lot more than he'd expect).

And despite their everyday lives not being perfect (yes, Kris and her do fight every once in a while like all normal couples), Sooyoung is happy. It may have been more peaceful had Kris not barreled himself back into her life and stuck around like white on rice but Sooyoung would still be that person who secretly thought herself as never good enough.

"I can see the gears spinning in your head." Kris lightly card his fingers through her sleep mussed hair after urging Sunyoung and Jongin to wash up for breakfast, pulling her close to kiss her on the forehead.

"It's nothing. I'm just glad you came for me." Sooyoung have always been honest with him that sometimes it throws him a little at how open she can still be.

"I'm the thankful one, silly. You not only gave me a second chance with you, you gave me a family that I've always wanted. Some days I wonder how much more I can love you." And he pours all his unspoken feelings into the kiss they share.

Breaking apart, Sooyoung cups his face between her palm and her smile turns sheepish. "I know it's morning but, can we have pizza? Extra large. With extra toppings?"