Thrill of it all

A Series of Sequel Collection

He feels the subtle kick against his shin, nonchalantly looking up at the female sitting across him with her eyes glued to the proposal in her hands. Kris can almost pass it off as an accidental action but the barely restrain twitch of her lips tells him otherwise when he taps his loafer against her ankle in retaliation.

"This should work, Kris. But there are a few details that I'd like to discuss with you." Sooyoung sets the paper on the table when a quiet cough at her side catches their attention.

"Ms. Choi you need to head over to Mr.Kim's office in less than 5 minutes time if you don't want to be late, and you know how Mr.Kim feels about tardiness." Yoona informs, checking her watch once again to emphasize on their lack of time.

Sooyoung snorts at the formality. "Yoong, it's just the four of us here you can drop the Ms.Choi. As much as I know how Yixing never fails to hide his snort behind a cough referring to 'Mr.Wu', they know we're the same." Slipping her set of proposal into her file, Sooyoung looks to Kris as she runs her schedule in her mind.

"I'll be done a little after six today. If you are still in the office till then, I'll drop by for a quick review?" Kris nods and senses the dread from Yixing at the thought of staying late. The grin on Sooyoung's face tells him Yixing isn't even trying to mask his expression at all.

"Xing, you can leave at the usual time. It'll just be a quick one so I won't need you to linger."

Kris need not turn to know the relieved slump of shoulders Yixing must be sporting when the females' laughter is enough evidence.

"I'll see you later then." With a quick wave, Sooyoung makes an exit with Yoona throwing in a quick bow before catching up with the taller girl, leaving the two male to clean up what little there is in the meeting room.

"I'm surprised, in a good way. I mean, I have always hope for a joint effort between our company and Sooyoung's but I got to admit, the plans you two come up together way exceed my expectation. I know the two of you are brilliant but put together... damn it's like a genius being born." Kris hears the subtle push to something more and keeps his face impassive.

It wouldn't do good for anyone to know he and Sooyoung have long exceed the boundaries of friendly competitor.

 

 

xoxo

 

 

The wineglass sits within his hand reach with a quiet clink as Sooyoung carefully sets the flute on the counter, taking small sips from her own as she watches the slight furrow in his brows; a sign she'd come to associate as Kris assembling the project in his head piece by piece.

"Damn." He finally utters minutes later while she adds yet another layer of ham in the sandwich she's making.

Sooyoung didn't bother questioning what lies behind that single exclamation, slicing the bread in perfect halves before transferring them onto the waiting plate and carrying it to where Kris is.

"I'm good, aren't I?" Her teasing morphs into surprised yelps when Kris grabs her around the waist and hauls her onto his lap, closing the distance between their faces till his nose brushes feather light against hers.

"We both are and you know it. We've always filled each others' gap pretty well." Kris mutters this against her lips, feeling the upward curve of hers before she changes her angle for a better fit; a better kiss.

Pulling away, Sooyoung shoves the handmade sandwiches in his face, silently telling him to eat before turning towards the open laptop with the edited proposal. The previously soft look in her eyes sharpens while she scans through the content of the proposal once again, planted firmly atop his lap with his arm around her hips while he munches on his dinner staring at the back of her head.

It's a good thing Yixing isn't the kind of assistant who insist on working overtime alongside, if not later than, his boss. It would be difficult to hedge the reason of not being in the office at this time but rather already comfortable at home (though it doesn't really  matter since he's still meeting Sooyoung anyway).

Polishing the last of his dinner, Kris molds himself against Sooyoung's back noting not for the first time how fragile her physique is despite her larger-than-life attitude at work, and can't help hugging her just a tad tighter against himself as if he could protect her from the world.

"It's brilliant, Soo. Stop being such a perfectionist." He presses a kiss to the nape of her neck and lightly against it till redness blooms on previously unmarred skin, joining the many others that are hidden by the single article of clothing - his shirt - on her.

"I know my parts are perfect. It's yours that I'm worried about." Her laughter is one of the many things Kris loves about Sooyoung as the sound fills the quiet of his apartment, the fingers tickling her waist stopping only when she leans in to not-so-lightly nip at his earlobe.

Catching the time from the corner of his laptop, Kris moves to save the document they'd edited and powered the device off before hefting the load on his lap up his arms bridal style, heading towards the master room. Dumping her unceremoniously onto the large bed, Kris quickly follows and catches her lips with his before she could voice her complain at his manhandling.

"Thank you." Kris says it against the crown of her head and he isn't sure exactly what he is thanking her for as she snuggles closer against his chest, legs tangling with his under the sheet., but it definitely isn't merely for the proposal.

As Sooyoung's breathing gradually even out and a feeling of rightness settles over him, Kris wonders if it's too soon to bring out the small jewelry box he'd hidden in the back of his wardrobe a month ago.