thriller

abandoned

(title from btob's thriller; inspired by the music video)

'Ah, it's the little vampire, come to visit.'

The voice wasn't quiet, wasn't mocking. it was lilting, and Sungjae suppressed a flinch as he glanced to the side and saw unnaturally wide bright eyes glinting in the darkness, heard a clink of chains as the white and blue haired creature neared him.

'Come on, toothy, we could have so much fun together, I could show you how to live, you just need to loosen these chains,' he purred in his ear, trailing his chains lightly over Sungjae's shoulder.

'Ilhoon!' Ilhoon retreated at the sharp bark, his eyes fixed on crypt door and Sungjae tried not to make his breath of relief at the sight of Changsub glaring at Ilhoon too obvious.

'Biker boy,' Ilhoon crooned, stepping onto the wooden chair and sitting on his ankles, his chained hands resting on his knees. 'Is that a new tattoo I see? How nice.'

Changsub strode over and yanked at the chain, Ilhoon letting out a choking squawk as the metal ring yanked at his neck, one of his feet slipping off the chair. He glowered balefully at Changsub from his position half off the chair and Changsub narrowed his eyes before turning on his heel.

'Chains are still secure, let's go,' he said shortly and Sungjae slipped towards the crypt door gratefully.

'Squeaky not coming to say hi this time?' Ilhoon said, on his feet again, keeping a wary distance from Changsub.

'Eunkwang is busy,' Changsub answered, and SUngjae edged closer to the exit.

'Such a shame,' Ilhoon sighed lightly, his head tilted, his grey blue eyes gleaming in what little light the crypt had. 'Will he bring me a new toy when he comes?'

'Goodbye, Ilhoon,' Changsub said sharply and gestured for Sungjae to leave first, following as soon as Sungjae slipped, closing the heavy wooden door with a slam and Sungjae could hear the skeletons rattling on the wall.

'Just one, that's all I ask for, I've been so good,' Ilhoon called after them, his fingers curling around the bars in the window of the door. 'These playthings are old, dry. They don't sing anymore!'

'I know we're not human, but...' Sungjae trailed off to in a deep, albeit unnecessary breath as they got above ground, and Changsub chuckled.

'Don't like it down there, do you?' he asked and Sungjae wrinkled his nose, giving an exaggerated shudder.

'Hate it. Completely creeps me out.'

--

'So pretty,' Ilhoon crooned, running his fingers through Minhyuk's hair. 'So bright. Red, red, red. Red's my favourite colour, did you know that, pet?'

--

'Love what you've done with the place!' a voice called and Sungjae whipped around to see a grinning Ilhoon perched on top of the rundown building, and Sungjae imagined his blood ran cold when he saw the lack of chains attached to the iron collar. 'Cobwebs must be in this year.'