you're looking skinny like a model with your eyes all painted black

abandoned

(title from bright eyes' lua)

'Why are you out here?' Sungyeol asked, glancing over her shoulder at the boy standing in the doorway.

'It's cold,' Myungsoo said and Sungyeol gave a light laugh.

'Is it really. I hadn't noticed,' Sungyeol said airily, despite the goosebumps rising on her bare shoulders as a breeze swept past.

Myungsoo didn't say anything else, and Sungyeol heard the rustling of clothes, and looked behind her to see Myungsoo holding his jacket out, both hands gripping onto the shoulders as he offered it to her wordlessly.

Sungyeol gave him an odd look and stared out into the blackness again, taking another sip from her glass. She saw Myungsoo take a hesitant half-step forward and sighed.

'I don't need that, this keeps me as warm as I need to be,' Sungyeol said, holding her glass up.

Myungsoo still said nothing, and stood there motionless, holding out the jacket, his mouth set in a stubborn line.

Sungyeol stared unseeingly into the darkness again, her attention focussed on the hair standing up on the back of her neck from the intense gaze.

She could hear the liquid swish in the glass as she took another sip, swirling it in and feeling it burn its way down before she turned and reached out, taking the jacket, and shoving her glass at Myungsoo while she slipped it on, the heavy edge of the jacket brushing her thighs, mere inches shorter than her dress. She reclaimed her glass from Myungsoo's useful hand and took another sip, side-eyeing Myungsoo suspiciously.

'I hope you don't expect to get this back, by the way,' she told him, and Myungsoo's eyes crinkled as he gave bright smile, giving a slight shake of his head. Sungyeol's forehead furrowed as she assessed him again, always looking for an ulterior motive, before draining her drink and half holding the glass out.

'I need a refill,' she commented and Myungsoo immediately reached for the glass, his fingers brushing hers as it slipped from her grasp and images of those fingers hesitantly reaching out for her flashed through her mind, shyly creeping their way up her thigh, clenching on her waist as his face screwed up, head thrown back, neck arched, mouth parted in a wordless cry.

Myungsoo hurried back into the throng of people, Sungyeol's eyes following him as he brushed past Sunggyu at the door, eyebrow raised as she glanced after him too before joining Sungyeol on the narrow balcony, eyeing the suit jacket hanging off her shoulders with an amused half-grin.

'And this?' the older girl said with a chuckle, 'What, are you dating him now?'

'No,' Sungyeol replied vehemently. 'I don't get it, he hasn't made a move, he's barely said a word, I have no idea what his deal is.'

'He's been doting on you like a besotted puppy,' Sunggyu commented around a cigarette, hand held up to sheild the tip as she lit it, red hair gleaming even in the dim light. 'You must've been quite a .' Sunggyu's grin was sharp and amused as she quirked an eyebrow at Sungyeol, who couldn't help but lean in conspiratorially.

'Do you know, he was a ,' Sungyeol shared and Sunggyu's eyebrows shot up.

'Seriously? With that face?'

Sungyeol nodded. 'I know. It's weird as .'

Sunggyu threw her head back and laughed and Sungyeol eyed her with mild concern.

'What?'

'He must have been saving it for someone special,' Sunggyu cooed and laughed again. 'God knows what he thinks he saw in you.'

Sungyeol scowled and gave Sunggyu a light shove. 'Oh off, it wasn't anything like that. I was and he was there. It didn't mean anything.'

'Mmm,' Sunggyu replied, smoke floating from her lips, 'that's why he's acting like your devoted lapdog.'

'It didn't mean anything,' Sungyeol repeated insistently and Sunggyu shrugged.

'Maybe not to you, but you popped the poor sap's cherry, maybe he feels a bit differently.'

Sungyeol scowled again, not liking that reasoning. 'What about you, how good a were you to have Woohyun following you around?' she challenged and Sunggyu's eyes flashed.

'I haven't slept with him, he needs to back the off,' Sunggyu said acidly, in another lungful of smoke.

Sungyeol gave a small laugh. 'Maybe he would if you did him. He doesn't seem the type to enjoy being beaten in bed,' Sungyeol grinned, cocking a challenging eyebrow at Sunggyu.

'The ,' Sunggyu  deadpanned, and Sungyeol laughed.

'Oh come on, every single guy that leaves your room leaves it a little worse for wear, while you emerge immaculate, doesn't take a genius to figure it out.' Sungyeol leaned on the railing with a lascivious grin. 'What, do you tie them down and use them as living toys?'

Sunggyu took another drag from her cigarette and tossed her head back as she exhaled. 'At least I don't have to resort to ing s because I'm so I can't see straight,' she shot back and Sungyeol scowled, attention being grabbed by the appearance of another person standing at the doorway.

'Would the pretty lady care for a dance?' Woohyun said smarmily, grin set firmly on his face.

'Not interested,' Sunggyu said after a perfunctory glance over her shoulder and Woohyun narrowed his eyes at her back. 

'Who said I was talking to you?' he shot back and Sungyeol could see Sunggyu stiffen slightly before turning around with a deliberate smile on her face.

'I doubt she's interested either, not when she's got someone of a far higher calibre than you doting on her. Look, Sungyeol, here comes your drink now,' Sunggyu commented airily and Sungyeol's eyes slid past Woohyun to see Myungsoo approaching, seemingly intent on not spilling the drink.'

'You might need to move out the way,' Sunggyu told Woohyun patronisingly, placing a hand on his chest to push him out of the doorway as Myungsoo drew closer.

Myungsoo looked up as he got to the doorway, seemingly startled to see Woohyun and Sunggyu there, mumbling a quiet 'excuse me' to Woohyun as he edged past him onto the balcony, holding the drink out to Sungyeol. She stared at it for a couple seconds before reaching out to take it, eyes flitting up to the shy smile on Myungsoo's face.

'You know what, I'm going to drink this inside. Besides, you didn't get yourself a drink.' She gave myungsoo a smile that felt shky, hand on his elbow already steering him towards the brightly lit room.

'If you want him to back off so much, try not to act like a jealous girlfriend when he shows interest in someone else,' Sungyeol murmured as she passed Sunggyu.

'Have fun teaching the a few more tricks,' Sunggyu murmured back, smoke warm on Sungyeol's cheek.

Sungyeol paused as she passed Woohyun, glancing back at Sunggyu before leaning in, fingers trailing along his collar before her hand settled on his chest, lips at his ear.

'Don't give up too easily, she's a complete pussycat under that tough exterior,' Sungyeol told him in a low voise, lips quirking up as she spoke again: 'I'll let you in on a secret- she loves being manhandled. Can't get enough of it.' Drawing back with a sly grin, Sungyeol patted Woohyun's cheek and gave him a wink, waggling her fingers at Sunggyu before stepping up to join an awkward looking Myungsoo, unfamiliar butterflies flitting in her stomach for a split second before she drowned them with a sip of alcohol, flashing Myungsoo a smile and getting a bright one in return.