Chapter Five

We Destroy Ourselves

CHAPTER FIVE

    “Okay everyone, please settle down!” Sekang High’s only teacher, Kim Junmyeon, yelled over the chaos. Desks were turned over, students were all in their groups chattering, some of the boys were dueling each other, the class was a mess. Junmyeon examined the scene with a weary sigh.

 

    “Kids, please-” He swiftly dodged a ball of fire that would’ve burned his head.

 

    “Oh, sorry about that Junnie!” Park Chanyeol said.

 

    “It’s okay Chanyeol, but could you please listen to-” He was interrupted once again by a thunderous voice that made the class fall silent.

 

    “EVERYONE SIT YOUR SORRY ASSES DOWN AND LISTEN OR ELSE I’LL EAT YOUR FIRST BORN CHILD AND SEND YOU THE I SQUEEZE OUT OF MY AFTERWARDS.” The assistant teacher, Wu Yifan, shouted with a hard glare at each of the students who were frozen in their spots. “Are you pigs gonna move or do I have to use force?” The sky darkened as ominous clouds blocked the sunlight. Taking the hint, everyone rearranged the desks appropriately and sat down quietly and quickly as magically possible. Even Junmyeon took a seat behind his desk.

 

    “What the hell are you doing you dimwit? Get up and say what you were gonna say.” Yifan said with a disapproving look towards Junmyeon as he jumped up from his seat and tripped his way to the podium at the front of the room. Clearing his throat, he announced,

 

    “Class, we have three transfer students coming today. Come in!.” Junmyeon smiled at the three as they enter from the hallway. “Please introduce yourself to your new friends.”

 

    “Hello, my name is Byun Baekhyun, the Crown Prince of the Necromancer Guild. Nice to meet you all.” The Prince gave a small smile at the twenty students staring at him in awe.

 

    “Hi, I’m Oh Sehun! I’m from the Terras Guild,” A few students cheered but was quickly hushed with a glare from Yifan. “An Air Controller. I hope we can get along!”

 

    The last transfer student shifted on her feet, staring at the ground as she meekly said,

 

    “I’m Bae Suzy… I’m a White Witch, n-nice to meet you?”

 

    The boys whooped, causing her blush to deepen.

 

    “We welcome you to our small but humble class! I hope you feel at home here. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a tour as we have a meeting to attend in the city. Ask the kids if you’re confused about anything!” Junmyeon smiled again before waving to the class and making his way out with Yifan right behind him.

 

    The students stayed in their seats, staring intensely at the new students. Suzy began to sweat.

 

    Chanyeol stood up suddenly and made his way to the front of the room, all eyes on him. He walked right up to the three and said cheerfully,

 

    “I sincerely welcome you three to Sekang! We’re all family here so make yourself at home and don’t be afraid to talk to anyone.” He winked at Suzy. “My name is Park Chanyeol, a Fire Controller. Ask me if you’re curious about anything!”

 

    After a couple seconds of silence, all the other students jumped from their seats and crowded around the new kids, talking all at once. The girls were squealing around Baekhyun and Sehun while the guys were trying to get Suzy’s attention. All of a sudden, a rock flew above their heads and crashed into the chalkboard. Everyone stopped to stare at a frustrated Kyungsoo.

 

    “Please shut the hell up and let me sleep or god so help me-” He was interrupted by flames that missed his face by a centimeter. Chanyeol was standing in front of the others, a ball of fire in his right palm. Kyungsoo’s glare intensified instantly and he sent part of the building flying across the room towards the giant.

 

    Chanyeol easily destroyed it with his flames.

 

    “Are you challenging me, Chanyeol?”

    

    The giant scoffed.

 

    “I think I should be asking you that, Kyungsoo.”

 

    The aura around the two was so powerful, the students backed away from the pressure.

 

    The ground started rumbling.

 

    “You know doing that never works, Kyungsoo.”

 

    “I’m not doing that.”

 

    Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

    “No need to be ashamed you pulled out your weak card, Kyungsoo.”

    He glared at the Fire Controller.

 

    “I’m telling you, I’m not doing it.”

    

    “Then who-”

 

    Suddenly, around thirty decayed hands crashed through the carpet of the classroom. Rotting bodies began pulling themselves from the earth, muttering inaudible words.

 

    Everyone turned to look at Baekhyun, who had his hands in his pockets and a playful glint in his eyes. He began walking towards the two Nature Controllers, his minions limping towards their master.

 

    “A Fire Controller and an Earth Controller…” He clucked his tongue. “Why don’t we have a duel? I’ve been getting bored lately…”

 

    Chanyeol grinned.

 

    “I accept your challenge, Prince.” Baekhyun cringed.

 

    “Just call me Baekhyun. Please.”

 

    “I accept as well, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo smirked.

 

    “Good.” Dark power began to flow around Baekhyun. “Let the fun begin.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this last year, and I never uploaded it but here ya go!!!!! NEW CHAPTER FINALLY LOL