Chapter One

Am I Not Good Enough For You?

Tao's POV


 

Tick...

Tick...

Tick...

 

The sound of the clock was engraved in my mind, mainly due to the vast amount of boredom I felt. *sigh*  I rolled over my bed, thinking of what I should do. Hmm... Maybe I should drag Kris-gege out of his room and go out somewhere. Or maybe practice more wushu... Gah! So much endless possibilities that just make me more bored! I turn my head to the side, noticing my laptop, which was slightly open. Strange... why isn't this close? Did Chen not put this away properly? I reached toward the device, slowly widening the gap between the two screens. This better not be a jumpscare prank Chen-gege put on. When I opened it, I quickly closed my eyes, blocking my vision of what was on the screen. I slowly opened my eyes, slightly disappointed by what I saw. Huh? It's just on Google... Boring. I guess I'll just--wait. What if I search my name on there.... I swiped the laptop onto my lap, tapping away on the keys that spelled out my name.

 

Huang Zitao...

 

I my head up, looking at the search results. I scroll down, examining the links one by one, wondering if there was anything interesting to read about. Eh? Facts about Huang Zitao?

*click*

Hm... 'hangs way too close to Kris'... 'smo-' wait, SMOKES?! When did I-- I twitch my eyes to the side, revealing a photoshopped picture of me smoking. Confused, I stare at that picture, wondering who edited or even took this photo. Oh well... I continue reading further, seeing a 'fact' that peaks my interests. 'Although he seems all scary and sh-- not saying that-- he is actually a teenage girl at heart.'... I blush as glue my eyes at the words "teenage girl" not noticing that I repeatedly whispered the words, annoying my roommate. "Ay, Tao. You're being too noisy for just looking at some blog." I my head to the side, staring at the also sorta bored Chanyeol, who yawned a bit before adding, "What are you reading?" I delete the tab and immediately turn off the laptop, not wanting Chanyeol to see. "Nothing...why?" "Just curious really. But why are YOU hiding it from ME?" He smirks, keeping a note when I averted my eyes, not wanting this conversation to continue.

 

"I'm gonna go to Kr--" I stopped. Repeating the lines in my head that made me think twice before going. But maybe I'm bothering Kris-gege too much... I should hang out with someone el-- "Kr? So who are you going to?" I turn my head back to the large eared giant, who was smirking a more arrogant smile. "I'm going to...Kr--Kr--uh... Kyungsoo's room!" I dodged Chanyeol's confused gaze and rushed over to the older one's room. I peeked through the doorway, looking for the owl-like man. "Um... Kyungsoo? Are you there?" As I waited 'patiently', I continued thinking about those "facts" over and over. 

 

"Tao? What are you doing?" I jump up a bit, rushing my body to the side, looking at the owner of the voice. "O-Oh, it's just you Kai." The dark skinned boy raises a brow replying, "Just you?" I place my gaze down to the floor muttering, "Why do people keep asking me... stuff." Kai, luckily, didn't hear my quiet rambling, asking me to speak up. "O-Oh, just wondering where Kyungsoo-hyung is..." "Oh, if you are looking for D.O, he's in the kitchen." The bronze man walks away, mumbling words quickly in Korean making it hard to understand. I rush over to the kitchen, hoping no one I've encountered were watching.

 

I see the large-whites man, approaching him from behind. I place my hand on his shoulder, startling him a bit. He turns his head with a sense of relief after he took notice of me. "What is it, Tao?" "Hyung... Do I bothe--nevermind." "Huh? Do you what?" "Nevermind...." "You sure?" "Y-Yeah... I'm just. Bored." Confused--like everyone else, Hyung stares at me with slight hesitation before going back to what he was doing. I turn my head around, glancing at a tray of fresh, baked cookies. I my lips, slowly approaching the sweet biscut with my hand. "Tao, what are y-" Startled, I jump up a bit, accidentally touching the scolding hot pan of cookies. "OUCH!" I take a step backwards, tripping over my other foot. I land on my bum in pain, blowing on my hand. "Are you okay?!" Kyungsoo turns off the heat of the stove, rushing to my side. Tears in my eyes, I look at the older man, repeating 'it hurts' three times. I dunno why. It just felt RIGHT.

 

I shut my eyes tightly until I feel a cold sensation on my burning hand. I slowly open my eyes, looking at the man in front of me. "Thank you, hyung." I sniffle, watching the man treat my careless wound. I should've been better at stealing... "If you'd stop trying to steal, this wouldn't happen." "I'm sorry..." Sorry not sorry. "You better be listening." "I am." Not... maybe. "Tao, you should stop being childish and act like the grown man you are." I jump up at the words, realizing those were some of the exact words I've read from some other blog. I scratch my head in frustration. Frustration of why I can't be more mature. Why can't I act like what others want me too? These words dance in my head constantly, making me tear up a bit. "O-Oi, does it hurt that much? Do you want more water or ice?" "N-No.. that's okay." I get up, dropping the ice pack that laid on my hand. I scrambled to my room, bumping into someone by accident. "Watch where you are going, Tao." I look up, realizing it's no one other than bushy browed Kris. I avoided the tall man, muttering 'sorry' before disappearing from his sight. "What the ..." I heard before running into my room and hopping onto my bed, which startled the sleeping Chanyeol.

 

Why can't I just act like the grown man I am?

Am I bothering Kris-gege too much? He sure seemed pissed.

Do I look like a smoker? Is it the way I dress? Or is it the way I act?

I'm so confused....

 

......

 

What should I do?


(A/N: Italics mean they are the POV's thoughts. In this case, Tao's. Probably should've mentioned this earlier.)