A More Official Meeting

Opened Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    It was quite a shock for Sehun to wake up in a bed that was not his own. He didn't even remember konking out last night. The last thing he remembered was feeling so hot and bothered that he had to his shirt. Oh. And he had stumbled out into the hallway after feeling a bit woozy.He had wanted to find help and now, he was here.

    Turning over lazily on his side, Sehun didn't expect to see another person there with him, sitting on a chair by his side. The man slept with his head resting in his arms on the bed. Soft breaths escaped the man's lips and for a minute all Sehun could do -wanted to do- was stare. The man's bangs covered much of his forehead, but failed to hide the beautiful eyelashes that adorned the stranger's eyes. Black and blue bruises covered the corners of the man's eyes and cheekbones. A feeling of agitation filled Sehun's mind and he pondered on what sort of life the man lived to have these markings on his splendid face. A strong urge to outline the curves of the man's smooth, tan features suddenly overcame him.He wished that with a touch of his fingertips, he could wipe the bruises away. The man was spellbindingly beautiful. 

     Wait, what? No. Sehun shook his thoughts away, surprised at himself for thinking that way about a stranger. Jolting up from his position, he slide off of the bed, waking the latter out of his sleep. Jongin sat up groggily and glanced up at Sehun through half-glazed eyes. In an attempt to stop himself from staring at the man's adorable pouting lips, Sehun cleared his throat and turned his body away from the man, trying his best to look as authoratative as possible. 

    "Uh..who are you?" Sehun mustered. "Why are you in this room?"

   Stretching his arms out to the sides, Jongin let out a small chuckle. "I could ask you that question myself."

    Sehun dared to turn and side glance at the man. The man's gaze was fully focused on him, intense and daring. His eyes couldn't help but notice that the sleepy gaze was altogether gone and was suddenly replaced with a more serious one, his mouth fixed in a slight frown.  His gaze remained locked on Sehun as if trying to figure him out. 

   And then it hit him. "You." He stared absently at the man in front of him. "You're the apprentice boy that I met." That earned a nod from the latter. Sehun's hands clenched at his sides. "You're the murderer." 

  Jongin shook his head and exhaled a loud, exasperated sigh. "No. I didn't kill anyone." 

   "And how can you prove that??!" Sehun exclaimed, his voice climbing higher as fear started to creep up on him. He hadn't realized that he had started to back up, inching away from the stranger to get towards the door. A murderer was in his home. In the very same room as him for goodness sake. I've got to stay calm. He can't possibly do anything to me in my own home. He wouldn't dare.

    "Can you please stay calm?" Jongin got up, putting into words Sehun's thoughts. He put his hands out cautiously in front of him to show Sehun that he meant no harm. "What would I have to gain in harming you?" Jongin took a few steps closer. "If you would just let me-."

    "S-stay back!" Sehun shook his head. "Stay away from me or I swear on everything holy that I will scream my bloody head off." Sehun hissed. He couldn't let his voice shrink down to a whisper. And he was going to scream anyway. "You'll never be able to escape out of here. I promise you that. Guard! GUA-! Hmmph!" 

   Sehun felt his back hit the door as the man muffled his shouts with the palm of his hand, urging Sehun to quiet down. Anxiously trying to free himself from being trapped between the door and this man's body, Sehun moved hand to the man's chest and made the attempt to push him away. Jongin grabbed his wrist swiftly and pinned it against the wall by Sehun's head. His grip was far too strong for Sehun to do anything and Sehun's muffled cry for help became quieter. His astonished eyes searched the other's for signs of anger, but he couldn't find it. The latter instead pleaded with Sehun using his eyes to stop fighting against him.

     And just for another second, Sehun wanted to fall into the soft yet piercing gaze. 

    "I'm going to let you go." Jongin coaxed. "But I need you to not act all crazy on me. Please. Your brother is the one that brought me here. Kris. He saved my life."  The firm grip on his wrist loosened as Jongin observed Sehun's state becoming exceedingly more calm than before. Placing a finger to his lips to enforce the idea of quietness, Jongin removed his other hand from over Sehun's mouth. 

    Frowning, Sehun averted his eyes. "My brother brought you." He said to himself again. That's right. He remembered the limp figure Baekhyun had carried to his horse a couple of days ago to take care in the castle. He had been in such a pitiful state. Sehun had forgotten about him being here. 

    Jongin crossed his arms in front of him. "Honestly, you should stop drinking. It's not something that suits you. You seem to always cause some sort of commotion when you touch that stuff." 

     "I didn't drink any alcohol." Sehun remarked defensively. He recalled being locked up in his room and his determination to not eat in protest of his treatment lasting no more than a few hours, diminishing at the sight of good food. "I drank something yesterday and my mind went foggy for a while. I felt sick and then I ended up here." He paused before staring back at the man again. "For all I know, you could have drugged me." 

      Astounded, Jongin scoffed. "Really? How in the world would I have the means to do that? With all of these guards here and with nothing on my person when I came to the castle. Try and think that out over again." 

     Rubbing the back of his head contemplatively, Sehun knew the man was right. "Fine." He pouted. "You could move aside now. You're too close." 

     Blinkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter