1 / 3

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taehyung ah.” TaeYeon beams. The said boy looks up and stares quizzically at her.

 

“I just want to say, I’m so thankful that I have you. All my life I’ve been abandoned, thrown away and I never had anyone with me. But, only you always stayed with me. Thank you.” TaeYeon whispered, outstretching her hand and grasping onto TaeHyung’s hand, squeezing in gratitude. TaeHyung smiles.

 

“Aigoo noona. I should be the one thanking you too. I only have you too.” TaeHyung ruffles the girl’s hair, chuckling.

 

“I want us to be forever together.” TaeYeon sighs.

 

“I will always be around you, don’t worry.” TaeHyung smiles.

-

 

Freak. That has been TaeYeon’s name for as long as she can remember. Opening her eyes and away from her beautiful slumberland, TaeYeon sighs.

 

And I’m back into reality again.

 

TaeYeon feels her body pulsating with sufficient energy to run the day. But she doesn’t like it, at all. TaeYeon loves to sleep. Sleep is her only escape from the war against her reality. Sitting up on the bed, hugging her knees, she wills herself to sleep again. But it doesn’t work. She’s awake now.

 

This period of time is her free days, where she can roam anywhere she likes in the hospital. She doesn’t have to meet any new doctors, she doesn’t have to be rushing around to meet her appointments, she’s free to do whatever she wants and to some extent, she likes this yet hates this.

 

Maybe I’ll go play with the kids today.

 

Throwing her legs off her bed, TaeYeon opens her small closet where all her clothes are folded nicely. Standing back up and entering the washroom, TaeYeon momentarily feels a wave of dizziness hit her. Opening her eyes, she stares at her monochrome reflection. Pursing her lips in anger, TaeYeon leaves the washroom before hurling herself on bed.

 

Red eyes. Guess I’m staying in today.

-

 

5 years orphanage. 15 years hospital. 75% of TaeYeon’s life was spent in the hospital. It does not feel like a home, it’s somewhat a prison, but it’s the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter