Landed

How to Be an Adult. By Lee Taemin

At twenty five years old, it seems Kim Kibum was never once been seriously sick.
"I don't understand why you insist on treating me like an infant. I'm perfectly fine!", he murmurs clearly displeased before opening his mouth again so Taemin can put a spoon of chicken soup inside. "I can at least feed myself properly."
He frowns at his husband who laughs gleefully and brings another spoon to his mouth. It's not every day Taemin gets to witness Kim Kibum like this after all.
"Just let him be, Kibummie.", Jonghyun's voice interrupts the moment as he enters the room, a cup of tea in one hand and Kibum's medicine in the other. "Let you husband feel important for once."
Taemin glares at the man offended.
"And why you must be here too, Jonghyun hyung?"
"And leave you to give my baby brother the wrong pills? Never!", the elder gasps in pure fake shock. He sits next to Kibum handing him the glass and sticks his tongue to his brother-in-law."I will never leave Bum in your hands, so off with it, brat!"
Taemin's eyebrow rose.
"Are we talking about brother complex here, Jonghyun shi?"
"No, Taemin-ah. We are talking about your complete inability to take care of yourself, let alone another human being."
"I can too!"
"Oh please. You..."
"Can both of you please Shut the up right in this second!", Kibum's sharp voice suddenly stops the argument. They looks down and find, to their horror, the feline man throwing daggers at them with his eyes. "I have been confined to this bed for three whole days. I'm not only sick but frustrated, bored and annoyed beyond any means. So if my precious husband and brother can't keep their mouths shut I advise you to leave. Immediately!"
It works like a charm, Jonghyun and Taemin don't utter another word.
The elder gives Kibum his medicine along with a kiss on the forehead when he makes a face gulping it down.
Taemin feeds him more soup and, deciding he can be bolder - pecks Kibum on the lips.
"Do you want to get sick too, you idiot?", swallowing Kibum eyes him scoldingly.
But the younger, remembering the rule from before, does not speak and just laughs at the other. Completely forgetting Jonghyun's displeased whine he leans in and kiss his husband once again. Kibum is probably too exhausted and feverish to complain anyways

*

 

"These days it feels like you're mine, it seems like you're mine, but you're not."

Taemin wonders if it's ok to like that somebody is sick. For the next week Kibum stays mostly in bed and even when he whines and complains, he never felt closer. He's right there for Taemin, to see, to look for and take care of.
Feeling important? Yes, that just might be it.
But he needs to know if that's the right thing. Because he can hug and kiss and be around Kibum constantly now but often he's taken to that hospital scene again and wonders if he was out of line after all. Where does he stand, he needs to know. How much more before he can call Kibum his? Or how much more before he loses hope?
For a child like him he is just not used to the game of silent understanding that adults perform so well.

At least Kibum seems livelier than usual in his presence.
"I'm going mad!", tossing his sketchbook aside he plops down on the pillows huffing in total displease. "You know humans need to see the sun at least once a day! Vitamin D or whatever."
Taemin looks up from the magazine he is reading, chuckling at the pout the man is sporting.
"What?!"
"I just couldn't have guessed you become so whiny when sick. I want to call you cute."
Kibum's eyes widens at the comment before screwing up in a glare, light blush tainting his cheeks. And that's why sickness can be good at times too, Taemin concludes.

But that can only last to a certain point. Soon Kibum is back on his feet and Taemin feels like he's left alone once more.
People flood their house for the following days. With flowers, gifts and congratulating cards, to the point where the two of them think like their forced smile will be stuck on their faces forever.
"I thought I will have time to work now.", Kibum comments while opening yet another box. "But no. Suddenly people decide they just need to tell me how happy they are I'm better now and make my head hurt in honor of it."
"Serves you right though.", Taemin teases from the floor where he's looking at all the new things they acquired. "For being sick and worrying everybody." They got several vases, a tray with tea cups, books, a weirs glass thing he can't figure the purpose of...
"Hey, it's not like I wanted to fall sick! Even now I don't understand how it could get...", his voice suddenly falters.
Curiously Taemin looks up at his husband and finds him holding a box, looking hesitantly at the note stuck to it.
It doesn't feel good, not at all, but he stands up and goes over, reading the envelop over his husband's shoulders.
"Choi Minho..."
There's no time even for his blood to boil, he immediately turns to Kibum watching for the elder's reaction. But the other stays like frozen, as if he doesn't have the clue what to do or what he's supposed to be doing. For the first time it seems as if he's waiting for direction, peering at Taemin for answers. Only it's not his place to decide now.
"Kibum..."
"I will throw it away."
Their voices clash leaving Taemin in the midst of his words. He looks at Kibum shocked, wondering if he had heard him right. While the other, as composed as ever puts the box away.
"Do you mean it?", his voice is shaky as he asks.
"What?", Kibum does not even look at him. "One gift less won't harm, will it? Honestly I don't 'need any of..."
"Kibum!", Taemin interrupts him standing up abruptly. "That's not what I mean.. .Can we please... Can we not play ..."
'What do you mean? What do you feel? I won't know if you don't tell me!'
"Stop tormenting me, Kibum!", he closes his eyes trying to suppress the emotions building inside. It's totally sudden and vaguely he feels embarrassed to erupt like this out of nowhere. But maybe today was the last drop in something building inside.
"Stop playing around and tell me, please.", he pours out. "What am I now? To you. Should I feel out of place? Should I be pitiful with my childish thought? Should I give up? Please, Kibum just make it clear because I'm not grown up enough to know myself."
He opens his eyes pleadingly at the other. But he finds Kibum totally stunned, mouth open but words dying inside his throat. He can't give him anything now.

Breathing in deeply Taemin crosses the room and goes out before the tears can get the best of him.

*

 

It's quite awhile after before there's a knock and the door slowly slides open to reveal a hesitant looking Kibum.
"Taemin? You awake?", he peeks inside, carrying a tray with tea. Taemin wants to laugh at his courtesy even in this kind of situation. But something in the way the elder chews nervously on his bottom lip stops hm.
He sits up on his bed, covers falling down and stares at his husband without saying a word. Halfway tired, half - embarrassed, he simply doesn't know what more he's supposed to say.
"Taemin-ah...", Kibum repeats himself. "I'm sor..."
"You don't need to apologize!", the younger quickly stops him. "I don't want your pity."
"I'm not pitying you.", shaking his head Kibum says and stand before him. "I just want you to know that it was never my intention to put you trough this. I didn't want to hurt you even if it seems I did nevertheless."
"It's not your fault.", Taemin looks up to meet his husband's eyes. "It was me who fell for you after all. Even when I know you couldn't return my feeling." He laughs bitterly. "Or was it precisely because of that? Like a stupid child..."
The other doesn't know what to say to that. His hands fall still beside his body and he looks intently at the regretful man.
"You are not a child.", his voice is heavy. "There's nothing childish upon liking somebody."
"I love you, Kibum."
The raven haired man's eyes widen. Taemin is scared that this is it, the end.
"K-Kibum? I just need to know.", he pleads. "I don't think I can go on anymore. What are we, Kibum? Where are we?"
'Are you mine?'
He could literally feel how Kibum hesitates while looking around. His gaze falls on Taemin once more. It travels from the mess of his hair, to the slightly flushed cheeks, down till the exposed skin of his chest. It finally stops at the slightly parted plum lips and the younger clearly sees how the small bow-shaped mouth is graced with the lightest smile. Ever so slowly he step forward.
"What are we? We are married, Taemin-ah."
Under the boys gaze his hands travel to his own shirt, slowly starting to the garment, leaving pale skin to the immediately heathen up air of the room.
"K-Kibum?"
Taemin stutters unable to comprehend and totally perplexed from the sudden turn. He watches as more and more of Kibum's skin is revealed and without his consent his blood starts traveling down his body, leaving him light-headed and unable to form a single thought. He can't tear his eyes from the man before him. Swallowing on air the boy stands up on shaky legs and goes to his husband who watches him with his damn calm eyes, somehow darker now that Taemin is standing near.
"Do you like me?", he asks silently.
"We are married, Taemin-ah." An answer so vague and so unsatisfying. Taemin put his hands steady on the other's waist, feeling the slight tremble under the tips of his finders.
"Do you want me, Kibum?"
Not even answering this time, Kibum leans placing his unexpectedly warm lips on Taemin's cheeks. Drawing back, the younger thinks he never had seen him undressed from all the formalities yet so sure of what he's doing.
"Do you love me?", he asks again, merely a whisper.
Breathing shakily into the other's lips, he stills his body against his will waiting for the raven haired man to make the first step. To grant him permission.
'Are you mine?'
And locking his skinny arms behind his husbands neck, Kibum does just that.
"Yes..."

 

At sunset Taemin finally crooks an eye open. The last rays of the sun are sipping trough his window where he realizes he's in his own room and bed. Instinctively he closes his eyes again, trying to catch those nice dreams he was having just a minute ago. A quite rustling beside him however snaps them open again as he abruptly turns around, mind catching on. His eyes meet with the best sight he has ever seen.
Kibum is lying on his side towards him, raven hair tousled and sticking from every possible angle, covers dipped around his waist. He has his sketchbook in one hand, how he got it is beyond Taemin, and a pencil in the other. He looks concentrated on the paper, putting on finishing touches.
"Wha`re you drawin`?", groggily Taemin asks fully turning around, appreciating the other male.
Kibum actually jumps on his place and looks startled t him. It provokes a giggle from the younger. He doesn't get his smile like expected though. Instead Kbum blushes a pretty shade of pink, hiding the papers quickly away.
"Nothing.", he mumbles avoiding his eyes.
Taemin frowns. Then smiles devilishly.
"Come on, Bum, show me!", he pounces on his, tickling him in the process.
The other fights but sometimes two years difference is enough. In a matter of seconds Kibum is flat on the bed with Taemin sitting on his lap triumphal with the sketchbook in his hands.
"Taemin, this is private!", below him Kibum whines but after today the younger decides there's no such thing as private between them. Kibum is finally his and he is Kibum's. Taemin is happy to use the privilege now.
He opens it impatiently on the page Kibum was just working on. His mouth falls open. From the white paper was looking his own sleeping self, from the waist up, with hair spread on the pillow. He can see all the mussels on his back, the dips of the cover around his feet, even his long eyelashes shadowing his cheeks. As if Kibum has looked at him thoughtfully for hours while he was still asleep.
He looks at the man below him but Kibum had buried his face in the pillow, ears red.
With shaky fingers he opens the other pages as well, slowly one by one.
It's all Taemin. Taemin sitting by the pool with a comic book. Taemin eating an apple by the kitchen table. Taemin lazing on the couch in the living room. All this time when they were silently together. Kibum has captured them all.
"This is...",he doesn't know how to finish the sentence. It's so confusing and wonderful in the same time. And frankly so frustrating to realize he could have known it weeks ago.
"Since when?", he asks weakly.
Kibum lifts his face from the pillow, pleading eyes and all.
"Can we drop it please? It's... it's... Please?"
Suddenly Taemin realizes something else. A smirk spreads on his lip as he comes down near Kibum's face.
"Are you shy, baby?"
The cold Kim Kibum is shy. The prince, the creature made of ice is finally touched and melted.
The raven haired glares at the boy over him.
"I'm not freaking shy.", he quietly says. "Nobody likes somebody to find out they were on his mind for weeks now. And quit being so cheesy on me!"
Taemin laughs.
"Whatever you say, princess."
He leans down, leaving butterfly kissed along Kibum's collarbone against the others protests, liking how he finds his own scent on the skin. Happiness is swelling inside of him, he thinks he can burst out any moment. Reaching the other lips he kisses Kibum gently.
"Don't worry. I will be more than glad to pose for you in the future."
Before Kibum can reply to that he slips his hands under the cover, depriving him for the ability to do so. A child can have many disadvantages in the world of the grownups but whatever they might be, stamina is not one of them.

*

 

"It will be just a minute, I promise.", Kibum tells him over his shoulders as they go up the stairs.
He finally stops before a big door and, taking out the keys, opens it. Behind him Taemin looks around.
It was a spacious apartment they entered, Kibum almost immediately disappearing somewhere. Left alone the younger looks around curiously. Originally in the center, his husband has insisted he had some work here and dragged Taemin along. Seeing how they are the only one in the apartment Taemin begins to wonder what kind of work that could be.
"What is this place, Kibum?"
From the hallways he enters into a big room which seemed like the living room. There's an open kitchen on one side and on the other a spacious sofa, high table and comfortable looking armchairs. Everything is adorned with dark wood, walls completely empty save for a big picture of flowers. The space looks nice and beautiful but otherwise completely uninhibited.
"Kibum?", he calls again, getting more and more baffled what kind of work can he has in a deserted apartment.
Getting out in the hallways one again he goes further inside and stops at an open door. It's a bedroom this time, all soft whites and blues. In the middle there's a kind sized bed and sitting casually on it is Kibum, looking at him.
Out of a sudden there are butterflies in the younger's tummy.
"Do you like it?", Kibum calmly asks but looks at him expectantly, standing as well and drawing near.
"What is this, Bum?"       
"There's a kitchen, a big living room, master bedroom.", as if he didn't hear him Kibum spoke. "There's also one more guest bedroom and a smaller space perfect for you negatives. I found an empty space on the top where I can draw."
"Kibum?", Taemin stops his husband's rambling, arms coming behind his neck as he looks confused. "What are you talking about?"
Kibum bites his lips before too looking straight at him.
"I thought the house is too unnecessary big for the two of us.", he stated quietly.
Taemin's heart jumps.
"Yeah?"
"So maybe it will be better if we move into something smaller."
"Kibum..."
"Something that have only one master bedroom."
At that place Taemin looses all his self control and pulls the elder closer, crashing their lips together. His hands move lower, enveloping his waist tightly and beckoning them until their knees bump into the bed, both of them falling on the feathery soft sheets.
The kiss continue for a moment more though and when they finally pull back their lungs are aching for air.
"Is it ours?", Taemin whispers breathlessly.
"If you want it to, than it is."
And just like that he is drawn into a kiss again.
In a flash he imagines all the moments they can have here, all the breakfasts and the cozy night they can spent in this small space. He thinks how he can see Kibum every time he goes to sleep and how he can kiss him 'Hello' every morning when he wakes up. He imagines inviting his friends for a home-warming party and go shopping for photo-frames.
"Thank you.", he whispers whole-heartedly against Kibum's lips
The other snakes his hands around his neck, giving him the sweetest smile he grew to love so much. Because it's the same from when they met and in the same time it so differently full of affection now.
"There's one more thing.", Kibum traces his fingers trough Taemin's hair. "There's one more room beside this one.", he gazes at Taemin. "I think it will look pretty good in pink and blue. And maybe a crib on one side. After some time..."

At twenty four and married Taemin wonders if he's a child can he still have a family?
But Kibum's whispering 'I love you.' and kissing his lips so he guesses everything should be fine. He should be fine now.


Finisheeeed!
OMG, I can't believe it I did it ^^^.
What do you think of the whole thing? I had so much fun writing it, I just wanted to keep doing so. A lot of things were not like in the beginning but it still had the same ending so everything is fine ^^^
Also I'm glad I finally was able to give you at least a little bit of fluff in the end. And cheesy Taemin getting ahead of himself :p
Maybe his outburst was a little bit sudden but I felt it really like the last drop and not the real reason.

I really hope you will tell me what you think of the story. It was kind of my take of arrange marriages stories - both where the two arranged fall in love in the end without problems and where a relationship is torn because of the marriage. I kinda tried to give a different point of view. Idk, if it was successful. For sure the story is lacking in many ways, but that's just me and I'm not a writer so ^^^
Sooo Please comment, comment, comment. For some reason I did not have that many comment on the story but I still hope you will share your opinion with me <3

Thank so much for reading till the end. I hope it was worth it!

Bye, bye ^_^