The Meeting

The Chase

Nothing could go wrong on a cloudy day right?

That was the single line that keeps on running in circles in Lee Sungmin’s mind. There is nothing extraordinary that day, given that it was the first day of school. Except that if you are some kind of Kim Ryeowook who thinks that first days of schools are god given gifts; well, hell no.

But there is some dark premonition lurking at the pit of his mind, a tiny voice could be heard saying ‘this is not just an ordinary day.’ Sungmin observed his surroundings and truly it was a bit crowded today. Well, first days are crowded as usual- but with freshmen -each one trying to start their year right hence they are present on the orientation day. But you could never expect this kind of eagerness to senior students. If they could be absent even up to the second week of the month then they will do so. That is why, it is in uttermost horror of Lee Sungmin to find out that every student in his block section is present in the very first day of classes. Also, the teachers are equally smiling blindly to each and every one of them.

Could he be missing something?

“Yo, Sungmin, have you heard about it already?” So something strange is really happening and I am not aware of it. Nodding his head sideways, he answered Kim Ryeowook with the kind of enthusiasm that could pass as “I don’t give a .”

“You don’t know?” and there you go the dreamy eyes and sparkling smile coming from his friend. “The council is coming today to pick the Chosen Ones.” Sungmin tilted his head as he rakes any piece of information back then, four years ago – on the orientation day when he was still a freshman- if there is such a thing as Chosen Ones. Oh, that didn’t even happen, not even a single of it during his four years of stay in the academy, or is it something that happens every four years.

“N-no, haven’t heard of it. And I don’t care. Actually,” he emphasized.

“Oh you piece of boredom. I wonder why people from this school idolize you really, you’re so dumb.” Sungmin threw his newly bought hello kitty eraser to Ryeowook who in return dodges carefully. But that doesn’t stop the latter from telling more of these Chose Ones to his boring friend. “Chosen Ones are those chosen, of course, by the council to be brought to their headquarters for the training.”

“For what?”

“Let me finish, will you?”

“It depends on their strengths like you know maybe they are good in math? So they’re gonna be like mathematician? Something like that.” From the way Ryeowook’s voice faded at the very end of his sentence and the way his eyes travelled on every floating unseen particles in the air, Sungmin is quite sure that Ryeowook does not even actually know what the Council does and what these Chosen Ones are for.

“Oh cool, “he complimented when in fact, he doesn’t even give a single . “But why are you so excited about it?” Sungmin promised that Ryeowook glowed a little the moment he asked that question, and his smile that was creepy a while ago, got creepier than how originally it was. Now, he was bothered by this Chosen Ones, who are they really?

“I wanted to be accepted.”

Sungmin guffawed. “What the hell Kim Ryeowook!” This is utterly disturbing, really. “You don’t even know if they are some syndicate hired by the school for some---, “ Sungmin did some hideous hand gestures so that the words would flew out of his mouth, “some, experiment, and they just trick people in believing that you will be sent for a training because, have you heard where they went? What they do?”

“Hold up, Lee Sungmin, you’re not even ‘in’ for this so what on earth are you fussing about?”

Oh right, why he would even waste his breath explaining for this. Council, Chosen Ones, not even interesting.

“Yeah, Physics is the first subject, you gotta ready that brain of yours.”

It might be an ordinary day for him, but not for the pair of eyes that follow his form until he reached the intersection going to his room.

“Lee Sungmin, GA-137.”

 

---

 

To say that he was dismayed on the very first day of classes is an understatement. He is expecting an early dismissal after all of the subject teachers gathered their registration forms but good lord, they were asked to form a line as they all went to the gymnasium. The sole purpose of forming a line is to make sure that one escapes from this assembly that all seniors are required to go.

“Can you believe it?” Ryeowook exclaimed. “I heard there would only be one to go this year, last year the Council got five and all of them are from Sir Youngmin’s class, I wonder who would be that lucky dude who’s gonna be chosen.” It must be wonderful to be the Chosen One, Sungmin thought but it scares him more than it excites him. No matter how the Council was described as a group of handsome men, still, it scares Sungmin to know that you won’t be having any freedom to choose whatever course you wanted to pursue in college, it scares him that you would be put in a rigorous training of whatever it was, it scares him that he actually doesn’t have any idea about this and for the fact the he is only hearing about this now. It scares him so much.

What will happen if he would be Chosen? Does he have the chance to say no? Does he?

“Why are so nervous all of a sudden?” Ryeowook’s eyes twinkled in mirth and half-mockery. “Don’t tell me you’re thinking that you would be Chosen and you’re not ready for it?” Ryeowook now was perched nonchalantly on the chair next to the aisle, his hand patting the space beside him, silently asking Sungmin to sit there.

And that’s when Sungmin realized that indeed the gym looks extravagant. There are decorations all over the place and the podium has five chairs in the middle. Sungmin now wonders how important these members of the Council are. Now that he had seen it, his nerves are unknowingly working crazier, a sudden heavy feeling settled on his chest and Sungmin felt like he is going unconscious in a minute. Ryeowook who saw his state immediately stood up and held him in the arm.

“Hey are you okay?” A hand was on his back instantly, supporting him as he sit. “Look, I know that there is a great chance that you would not be chosen, heck you look even impossible to pass our Calculus this year so don’t dwell in this okay, Minnie?”

Sungmin really wanted to smack Ryeowook at that time. Actually, it is not all about the sudden apprehension that he felt, he knows that he won’t be Chosen by whoever this Council tards are but there is something unsettling happening around that he cannot point out to. He feels like someone is watching him, observing him, raking his whole body from the distance, he feels like someone is calling him – his name. And yet he cannot pinpoint where.

“Sorry, it is just..it felt stuffy here.” Sungmin saw the concerned look coming from Ryeowook. “I wanna go outside.”

“Go, you have ten minutes. The assembly will be starting Five sharp.”

Sungmin rolled his eyes and smack Ryeowook in the head lightly before jogging away from his friend.

“Yes sir.”

 

Today is really a bad day as for Sungmin. He is not only stuck in this boring assembly and yet even before it happened- a mishap struck him just before he reached the comfort room.

“What the f-“

“I’m sorry.” Words died down in his throat when Sungmin heard the voice that came just an inch behind his neck. Not only that it was damn near but it sounded so thick and deep that he ended up shutting his mouth before he can even spurt out the curse.

In a second, he automatically maneuvered his body so he can face the person who spilled a cup of water on his back. And when he did, dark brown eyes met his own coal black ones, a hand slowly got supported his stance as it landed on his elbow and Sungmin swears he hadn’t met someone who holds such powerful aura. There is something with this person in front of him who makes his heart beat faster, his mind unfocused and ---

“Are you okay?”

--His back’s wet.

“You-You spilled something on my back and it is not okay. I –“ Sungmin inhaled a lungful of air for he noticed that he was holding his breath longer than he intended, “am not okay, of course.”

The man in front of him, whom he noticed is wearing their PE unifom (but honestly, he hasn’t seen him around), and hair tousled sideways, trimmed and looking y. Okay, maybe that is too much. “I am sorry, really. I was busy looking around I didn’t even noticed that I am already an inch behind you. Say,--“

At that time, Sungmin noticed that the hand that was rested on his elbow earlier is now on his wrist, and the mouth that was just behind his back is now dangerously on top of his forehead that if the guy in front of him would move a little closer than how close they are right now, he could be kissing Sungmin.

“—let me dry your back.”

Sungmin chuckled nervously and awkwardly waddled away, his head shaking in maybe a response resembling to a ‘no’ as he mouth the words, “I need to go back.” Truly, that day is his unlucky day.

“Lee Sungmin, GA-137.”

 

---

 

Sungmin was fifteen minutes late and on his way to his seat, he has to dodge several sharp eye contact with his teachers for his seat is in the aisle, and that means he has to awkwardly make his way to his seat while walking in the center. He is fortunate that the program hasn’t started yet or else he would be an instant star walking in the carpeted aisle. If that happened, he could safely say that this day is really the unluckiest part of his life.

 

And just when he had slumped on his seat, Ryeowook was about to protest, the lights in the gym dimmed making the students inside to elicit an excited ‘woohh’. Introductions have been made, the agenda of the assembly has been said and yet Sungmin cannot make his self to focus on what is happening on his surroundings. His mind wanders back to the guy who spilled a cup of water on his back, his mind wanders back to the hand on his elbow, his mind wanders back to the lips just a scrape of inch above his forehead.

Sungmin wanted to know who he, what section he came from, and why it is only the first time he saw him. Not that he practically knew everyone but he was there for four years. Sungmin isn’t the one who wanted to be friends with everyone, heck he can live his life alone, but at this moment it seems like his mind was stuck on that guy.

“Hey wook, do you know this guy who has tousled brown hair and—“ Sungmin was not able to finish his words when Ryeowook’s trembling hand is reaching out to him, eyes wide and mouth gaping. Sungmin asked Ryeowook silently through his eyes, and that’s when it dawned on him that everyone is looking at him and eyes are as wide as Ryeowook. “Guys?”

“Again, we are calling out on Lee Sungmin to step on the stage. Lee Sungmin casted as the Chosen One, please come up on stage.”

And when his eyes reached the Councils on stage, he stopped on that one. That one whose brown hair is tousled sideways, that one with brown eyes, that one with a powerful aura. It stands and stares back at him and Sungmin felt not only a pull in his heart but a pull on his whole self.

“Lee Sungmin, GA-137.”

 

---

 

Everything is dark. Everything feels cold. Everything seems foreign to him.

Sungmin doesn’t know where he is right now but he knows one thing. That he is now one of them, that he is the Chosen One, and right now his hands are bound, his eyes are blindfolded and his feet are tied in a way that he feels exposed.

“What is this,” words unsaid but screamed in his mind. Both of his hands are spread and bound- they were stretched as if he is raising his hand on top of his head but they are not pulled but he cannot move it either. Sungmin suspected that he was on a bed, his whole body inclined as if he was standing but a bed supported him underneath, his feet are bounded too but they do not hurt. His eyes, his eyes are blindfolded and Sungmin can’t help but feel helpless. They can tie any part of his body but to cover his eyes is what makes him feel vulnerable.

“Someone out there?” Sungmin struggled from where he was currently perched. He cannot hear any movement but he feels like someone is watching him, observing him and scrutinizing him from afar. Not minding if he was silently observed or not, Sungmin voiced out his frustrations.

“Where the am I?” Suddenly the room dropped a temperature lower and now Sungmin felt like every hair on his body stands, and- why does it feel like everything in him is exposed, his legs, his arms, his neck...his chest? , am I ?”

“Yes.” A voice resonated inside his head.

“Who are you?” Sungmin cried, this time his thoughts are now coming off from his mouth, not trapped in his clouded mind. “Wh-where are my clothes?” This time, Sungmin concludes he is close to breaking down. He is not fond of darkness and to be fully sprawled out to someone is not nice either.

I want you.”  Two hands landed on his wrists, enclosing them tenderly. Sungmin shivered, someone is touching him, someone is holding his wrists.

I chose you.” This time Sungmin can feel a warm skin against his own cold one, he can feel small puffs of breaths ghosting from his neck, to his collar bones, and it goes lower and lower- his breath hitched- and now it goes lower, on his chest, on his heaving chest, it went a little bit lower, on his navel.....and lower…

You are mine.”

 

Sungmin gasped as a tongue dipped softly on the inner of his thighs.

 

“Wh-what are you doing?”

His hands struggled but his hips bucked in the air. Sungmin was torn in half, his body and his wants are making him feel crazy. This is the first time in his life to be touched like this but he doesn’t want any of these. But he doesn’t understand the erratic beating of his heart, it pounded wildly against chest, he gasps, he moans, he mewls. He doesn’t want it, that is what he knows but why does he react like he’s begging for it, for him?

 

I am….discerning every inch of you, I am trying to memorize you, I am ---  a kiss landed on his knee.

 

Sungmin jerked, for he had enough of this. A sickening feeling of anger filled him. For he is not a toy to own, for he is not an object to be abducted, to be tied, to be bound and blindfolded and be treated like this.

 

“If you want to know me, discern everything of me, memorize me or what goddamn term you wanted to use, then give me my clothes, sit me for a cup of tea and let us talk!” Sungmin did not even wait for another minute or a second, he is not letting the voice he’s been hearing to say even a syllable. “You’re that guy, right? The one who spilled water on my back?”

And to his surprise, his blindfold was removed, his left hand was unbound, and the sound of a hand hitting the space beside his head was heard.

When his eyes were already adjusted to light, a blanket was thrown on him, and in seconds he covered his self. And Sungmin was right, it was him. For it was the same brown eyes, the same tousled brown hair, and it feels like he travelled back then to their first meeting except this time, he was bound and under him.

 

 

“Lee Sungmin, GA-137.”

 

 

 

 

---

a/n: I am sorry for the horrendous delay of first chap hihi. Comments are highly encouraged. Hmmm, I am excited to hear your thoughts ^^