Sixth Letter

Letters from a Liar

After everything that happened my dad decided I should get a change of air and decided to let me travel to South Korea. A month after sending the last letter my dad bought me a one way ticket to South Korea. He told me I could stay as long as I needed to and enjoy my time there without having to worry about a time limit. He rented me a room with someone who lived there who also speaks English. I've spoken to the her, she's a really sweet woman who's willing to help me out while I'm there. 

 

When I landed in Korea I was excited. I went straight to the luggage pick up and rented a cart. I put all of my bags onto the cart and left the area. I saw a lot of people waiting for someone and I looked around for my name on a sign.

"Ashley!" I heard my name being called and looked at the direction it came from, I smiled when I saw her 

"Yumi! You're here!" I pushed my cart towards her before giving her a hug "You're so much prettier in person." I said as we hugged. 

"Are you saying I'm uglier online?" She joked and I giggled, "Let's go, I'm not officially here until I step outside."

Yumi nodded and lead me outside. There were many cars coming and going, as expected from a busy airport. It was bright and sunny out and I loved it. We finally made it to the parking garage and we loaded her car with my luggage before heading off to the apartment. 

 

 

A month has passed since I came her. I spent most of the first month touring Seoul and around Seoul. We even went on a road trip to Busan. It was really fun I enjoyed it. But now that all the touring was over I felt a bit more at home. I started writing stories again and when would write I would go down the street to the cafe to write and continue studying my Korean. I loved it here, it was definitely a change from America, a change I needed. When I came home that night Yumi surprised me with tickets to a DBSK concert. I was so happy I hugged her and kissed her she told me the concert was going to be during the weekend. I couldn't wait for the weekend to come. 

When I saw them for the first on stage, live and in the flesh right in front of me I cried from the joy. That night after the concert I decided it was time to write my last letter to them. 

 

Dear DBSK,

I'm here, I'm in Korea. I love it here honestly. I'm going to be here for a while so I'm no rush to have fun. I went on tours and got to learn new things. My Korean is a lot better now too. I'm living with a sweet lady named Yumi, she's an English teacher so she was able to help me understand a lot while I was here. 

Guess what? I finally met you guys today! At your concert. You were all great and looked so handsome. I had so much fun.

I won't lie, I cried when I saw you guys, it could be from all the fantasies and lies I've made up but it felt like I was seeing some old friends again after years of not seeing them. I felt so close to you guys. 

I think this will be my last letter to you guys now that I've confessed everything on my mind. 

So if you're reading this or have been reading at all I just want to tell you 

도와 주셔서 대단히 감사합니다. 당신이 되어 줘서 고마워요 사랑해요.*

Bye.

Sincerely, Ashley

 

I folded the letter and put it into an envelope.

 


Translation * : 
Thank you very much for your help. Thank you for being you. I love you.