xxx

tell me what i should do

“tell me what i should do, tosun. no wait, don't tell me first, i think i can figure this out myself.” mingyu unconsciously started a conversation with his and samuel's shared stuffed bunny. sighing for the nth time of the day, mingyu spun around, now facing his stuffed dog, david. “oh david you're here too, why don't you tell me what to do?” mingyu stared at the poor dog, expecting an answer that will put an end to his current dilemma. he had failed his math test for the fifth time in a row, and he knows just how much trouble he's going to get in with seungcheol the scary leader, and also soonyoung, who's all about studies. he started again, “and it's not my fault i have no idea what the math teacher is on about all the time, and it ain't my fault i don't understand why the x is equal to one a moment, and seven the other!”

 
samuel stumbled into the second bedroom where mingyu was, in search of his white stuffed bunny where he finds mingyu talking to someone. he creaked open the door a little bit more, and realised there was no one else in the room. fear washed over him and he contemplated on whether he should turn around to leave before reporting this absurd situation to their leader, or enter and continue whatever he was there for. he decided on the latter, which ended with him trying to make the least noise while entering the room. 
 
before he can do anything else, he spotted his beloved tosun in mingyu's embrace. he was ready to dash out of the room but to his misfortune, mingyu turned around before he could leave. mingyu, slightly shocked at samuel's sudden appearance, struggled to find his voice. “s-samuel? why are you here? and w-when did you get here?” when mingyu sensed the shock across samuel's face, he turned a light shade of red, realising that he could've caught him talking to inanimate objects. before samuel could freak out and leave the room and never talk to mingyu ever again, mingyu grabbed his tiny hands, and led him to his embrace, replacing the white bunny.
 
“hey? what's with your shocked expression? did you overhear me talking to.. um.. yeah i was talking to tosun and david.. just.. um.. don't think i'm weird okay? i just needed someone to talk to it about,” mingyu trailed off. samuel looked at his embarrassed hyung and softened, maybe he just really wanted to talk. after a few minutes, samuel finally spoke up, breaking the awkward silence.
 
“hey hyung? next time you need someone to talk to, i'm here okay? just.. don't talk to inanimate objects. what if the others walk in on your doing that? they're going to send you off to the mental hospital! and i might never be able to see you again! okay so, what's your problem?” samuel shot out in a breath. mingyu tried to stifle a fit of laughter but failed terribly as he ended up rolling around the bed, laughing at samuel. 
 
after composing himself, he stood up and looked into samuel's eyes seriously. “okay. so. well.. yeah...” mingyu hesitated which caused samuel to snap. “just tell me okay?!” samuel was actually quite annoyed at this point. he just wanted to find tosun and play with his beloved stuffed bunny, but now he's stuck with a stressed out hyung who happened to talk to their shared stuff toy. mingyu took a deep breath and continued, “well, i failed my math test.. again.” samuel couldn't believe his ears. so the almighty kim mingyu was alone in their room, talking to inanimate objects, just because he failed his math test? even the thirteen year old samuel doesn't do that! 
 
samuel reached out for tosun before grabbing it and heading for the door, “you know what, just continue talking to david, i'm taking tosun,” samuel said before closing the door on the confused rapper. “w-wait! but didn't you say you'll listen to me? come back sammy! how am i supposed to tell seungcheol and soonyoung this?!”