Chapter 3 : Room 2

EXO's Maze House : Breaking Apart

It was dark. They were greeted with a pitch black room the moment they set foot in the room. Once they piled into the room, 12 podiums emerged from the floor, standing proud in the middle of the room. 12 light bulbs shone on each of the podium, showing them what was on top of it.

 

12 wrist watches were on each of the podium with a name on it. The floor where they came from closed up right after the last person step into the room.

 

The TV was on the opposite wall from where they were standing. It light up its familiar bright blank blue screen and appeared orders on it.

 

Take The Watch With Your Name On It And Wear it.

 

They obediently followed the orders and wore the watches. Surprisingly, the watch fit just nice with them. Upon standing under the spotlight, they saw the design of each watch and were surprised to find it match with their taste. The podiums disappeared to the floor once the watches were taken away from its places. The screen light up once again.

 

Baekhyun Are Not Allow To Help s In Any Way

For Task #2.1.

Any Sign Of Helping The Members, Drops Of Blood Will Be Shed.

The Watch You Are Wearing

Has Needles In It.

One Wrong Move

And You,

Will Be Prick With Those Needles.

 

Kyungsoo eyes widened, quickly he tried to take off the watches but was left dejected when he failed. They can’t take off the watches as it were control by technologies but they don’t know that. “Its useless, we can’t take off the watch.” Kyungsoo said, informing s at his newfound information.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in fear, his already pale skin became paler with the news. “W-why me?” Baekhyun asked no one in particular.

 

Xiumin sighed when he failed to take off the watch, “Why us? This doesn’t make sense. The previous room was harmless but now? This is ridiculous!”

 

Task #2

[EXO First Box Episode 2]

<2.1> How Much Does Baekhyun’s Mother Offered Him To Try And Eat Cucumber?

 

<2.2> D.O, Kris, Sehun, Lay, Chanyeol And Chen Went To Hong Kong Night Street And Had Seafood As Dinner. According To Lay, The Food Was So Delicious It Reminded Him To A Song. What Was It? Sing The Song In Both Versions. In Order To Succeed, You Must Get Over 93 Marks.

 

Time Given: 35 Minutes

 

“The hell? Whoever did this, sure did an awful lots of research about us.” Kris commented upon seeing the task given.

 

On the TV, 2 rectangular boxes appeared and so was the keyboard like in the previous room. Once again, the timer appeared beside the TV.

 

“,” Kai cursed, “Baek hyung, how much did you said your mom will give you?” He asked, the warning was completely forgotten.

 

As soon as the question left his mouth, he fell down on his knees screaming in pain. The members were all shocked with the sudden turn of event and rushed to his side. Kai clutched his left hand that was wearing the watch, as needles prick into his wrist. Drops of blood fell down on the floor leaving a bloody mess on it. Bloods continued to flow on his hand until his hand became numb.

 

It was then that the watch opened up and fell off from his wrist, letting the others see the ugly wounds around his wrist. They winced, thinking the pain Kai suffered might be unbearable.

 

“Please, do not ask for Baek’s help. I don’t want a repeat of Kai. Fudge, he’s gonna get infection if we didn’t treat him soon! What to do!” Suho reprimand them and muttering to himself afterwards, thinking that he failed as a leader.

 

Lay sat beside Kai, paying little to zero heed on the blood on the floor. He took off his jacket and proceeded to rip off the bottom of his wife beater. The piece of clothe then he used to wrap up Kai’s wound. “This will do for the time being. We need to hurry up and get out of this room fast!” Lay spoke up.

 

“The thing is Baekhyun cannot help us at all so it’s up to them who were with him that time to remember!” Chanyeol spoke up.

 

Baekhyun bit his lip in guilty, not being able to help his own brothers, “I’m sorry I can’t help with anything...”

 

“It’s okay, hyung. Not your fault the person who did this is a cruel monster.” Sehun said, comforting the elder albeit smaller guy.

 

A string of dry cough from the other side of the room where Chen was wandering about in the dark out of boredom, was heard. Immediately, all attention was on him. He looked up when he felt eyes on him, “O-oh don’t mind me. I’m okay!” He said, flustered with the attention given.

 

00:27:56

 

“Uh, guys? The time’s ticking.” Xiumin piped up amidst the chaos.

 

“!” Chanyeol cursed, clearly not remembering about that.

 

Kai had passed out from the pain and all the blood he lost. Lay propped him up against the wall in recovery position. Not much they can do with Kai’s current condition, he thought.

 

Kris began to take control of the situation seeing as Suho had turn weak at the sight of the second youngest bleeding and passing out. “Alright, listen up. Clearly, the night street team cannot do much because we weren’t with Baek at that moment. Obviously, Baek and Kai can’t do much either so Luhan, Suho, Xiumin and Tao, its up to you guys to answer it.”

 

Luhan looked up at the mention of his name, “No way, I already had the scared of my life with the proverb in the white room!” He declined almost immediately.

 

Tao, not wanting to deal with the pressure too had his hands up in mock-surrender motion, “Not me either. Already answer 2 questions in the previous room myself!”

 

With that, the options left were only Xiumin and Suho. Sensing the attention, Xiumin stared back at them with unreadable expression. “No.” Was his monosyllabic answer in the end, making the others slumped in a defeated sighed.

 

“This is ridiculous. It’s us in the dorm all over again! Now is really not the time for you guys to be selfish and fight when Jongin is dying over here!” Chen finally said after seeing the three members of the M unit’s reactions.

 

To say the rest were shocked was an understatement. Chen never used their real names unless he was totally serious.

 

“At time like this, Minseok hyung, Luhan hyung and Zitao, all of you ought to be thinking together with Joonmyeon hyung! Who cares if you already answered in the previous room? You were the one with Baek, so stop being selfish unless you want our second maknae to die!” Chen snapped, trying to get past their stubborn minds, genuinely worried about Kai at that moment. He was stupid to think they won’t be fighting anymore, he should know better that it will take a lot longer for everything to turn back like things used to be before.

 

00:19:14

 

A quick glanced to the timer had Baekhyun gasping in shock that managed to snatch the attention of everyone who initially were hanging their head down feeling as if they just get scold by their disappointed parents, in this case Chen felt an awful lot like one.

 

Immediately, they went panicked. They didn’t know what kind of punishment they were to get in this black room. Time seems to pass so quickly whilst they were busy arguing.

 

Unable to bear the overwhelming burden on his shoulder, Baekhyun decided that enough is enough. Kai is a dear brother to him so are the others and he could no longer watch him in pain while everyone else was being selfish. Yes he was selfish too but not to the extend that he would ignore all about his younger brother’s life.

 

Baekhyun stomped forward in the direction of the keyboard, fully intend to answer the question himself regardless the pain he’s bound to get later. Sehun who has been quiet throughout the whole ordeal seems to catch what Baekhyun was trying to do and his eyes widened in panic.

 

Sehun leapt out of his hugging Kris’s side and just when Baekhyun’s hand reached the keyboard, he jumped onto him and yelled, “Hyung, no!!!” and tackled the shorter boy to the floor. Everyone else was to shock to do anything so they just stared at them with dropped jaws.

 

Baekhhyun groaned in pain from the contact his body made with the floor. “Cursed you and your long legs maknae!” He slightly scolded the youngest. Being the soft hearted person he is, Sehun sniffed, “What were you thinking hyung? We don’t need another Kai right now!” he mumbled through Baekhyun’s shirt where he hid his head on the older male’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun felt his t-shirt went wet to which he concluded the youngest was crying and he sighed. He patted his back, “I just couldn’t stay back and watched okay? If injuring myself the fastest way to get us out of here and get Kai his treatment, then so be it!” He argued in soft voice not wanting to scare the crying maknae.

 

Sehun raised his head to stare at his hyung, “That’s stupid.” Trust Sehun to be blunt in his short comeback even though he was crying like a child. Luhan stepped forward from his trance and pulled the maknae up from crushing the diva of the group.

 

Immediately, Sehun wrapped his arms around his favourite hyung feeling drained from his crying and Luhan cooed over his brother. Chanyeol on the other hand, went over to Baekhhyun and helped him up from the floor.

 

“What were you trying to do Baek?” D.O asked his best friend.

 

Sehun mumbled something to Luhan and he answered on behalf of both Sehun and Baekhyun. “Maknae said Baek was about to answer the question himself.”

 

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Chanyeol immediately asked upon realizing the consequence of his best friend doing so.

 

“Are you trying to kill yourself?!” Kris hissed, scared at the possibility Baekhyun being in the same condition as Kai.

 

Clenching his fist, he gritted his teeth in annoyance. What right these fools have to scold me? I was trying to help and save Kai!, he thought to himself. “What do you expect me to do? I obviously know the answer and Kai obviously need help! You selfish idiots were too busy fighting to care about our second maknae! I don’t care if I get hurt I just want to help our baby kkamjong!” Baekhhyun vent out his frustration, eyes gleaming with tears of anger.

 

Suho stepped forward and put his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder, “Baek, I know your intention is good but you will get hurt. I can’t have another one of my members getting hurt.” He spoke with voice barely above a whisper.

 

Baekhyun pushed his hand off his shoulder, too clouded with emotions to care about anything else. “I don’t care! The answer to the first question is 5000 won!” he all but yelled his answer and as soon as he said that, the scream of pain can be heard for the second time in the room.

 

It felt like déjà vu, as they watched Baekhyun fell to his knee clutching his left hand as blood dripped down his hand. His pretty fingers soon were covered in the crimson red liquid, as the liquid continued flowing down like waterfall.

 

00:08:46

 

“ !” Lay cursed at the sight and immediately rushed to Baekhyun’s side with Chanyeol on tow.

 

Baekhyun leant on Chanyeol and not a second after that, he passed out from the blood loss. “Baekhyun, wake up! Byun Baek, open your eyes! Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” He shook the smaller guy in hope he would wake up but it proved to be futile when he didn’t.

 

Lay propped him up against the wall in a recovery position, the watch finally snapped open in what felt like eternity from Baekhyun’s wrist leaving him with the ugly wounds from the needles. Maybe, needles aren’t the right word when the wounds seem too big to be one, Lay mused unimpressed. He shuddered just when he thought of what could possibly be hiding inside his own watch.

 

He tore apart the bottom of Baekhyun’s shirt so he could make a makeshift bandage and whirled around to see what s were doing only to roll his eyes in annoyance. “ARE YOU GUYS STUPID?! Baekhyun didn’t sacrifice himself for you to be standing around like fools! SOMEONE ING KEY IN THE ANSWER SO WE CAN END THIS FASTER!” Lay barked at s, irritation can be seen clearly on his face.

 

The members flinched, another rare thing happened to them when Lay the quiet member raised his voice in anger. It sure scared them to see this side of him.

 

Eyes wider than usual, D.O stepped out to the keyboard, “I-I’ll do it.” He said with a stammer. Everyone fixed their eyes on the answer box. The moment D.O pressed enter had them in a deep breathe. The box finally light up in green colour, making everyone let out huge sigh of relieved.

 

Kris cleared his throat, voice shaky as he spoke. “Now that the first task is done, we need to focus on the second task. If I’m not mistaken, the orders said that the song is to be sing in both Korean and Chinese version so I guess we can rule out the songs that only have one version?”

 

Chen rolled his eyes, “Yeah sure except that every song we have are in both versions.” He sarcastically said. Kris coughed in embarrassment, face getting red and he thanked God that the room is dimly lit or it would be obvious.

 

00:01:03

 

Xiumin took a look at the timer before speaking, “Doesn’t matter, we are going to fail anyway with only one minute left. I say, we just try every song and see which one is the right one then we sing.”

 

“JUST ONE MINUTE LEFT?! OH NO NO NO I DREADED THE PUNISHMENT WAITING FOR US!” Tao shrieked, immediately punching in every song they have in all of their albums.

 

Punching in the title of Blackpearl, Tao was greeted with yet another red light signaling him it was a wrong answer when the timer beeped.

 

00:00:00