Prologue

EXO's Maze House : Breaking Apart

 

Chen has been sitting silently on top of the stairs, listening and watching the fight ensues between the members, yet again. In the living room, he could see Kris scolding Lay while the latter scowled at him and Suho defending the scowling member. Tao went to Kris’s side to stick up for him making the guardian angel frowned. Chen could also see Luhan on the couch gritting his teeth, annoyance visible on his face at the noise that he looked like he might explode and snapped any time.

 

In the kitchen, he could hear the bickering between D.O and Baekhyun probably because the latter had done something to irritate him with Chanyeol defending him. Chen saw Xiumin standing against the kitchen counter, sipping his coffee calmly not batting his eyelashes at the quarrel happening in front him. It was so typically of Xiumin, who don’t meddle with others business unless it’s concerned him.

 

Upstairs, he could hear Sehun and Kai throwing insults to each other as if they were casually passing a ball around. The vulgar language didn’t faze him, it was the many new curse word he didn’t knew exist that impressed him. Had he’s not in this situation, he would’ve smirked and smacked the two maknaes for their attitude. Still, the fight made him worried since after all, the two maknaes are still two young boys with lots of energy to waste that they could engage in physical fight when verbal fight didn’t work.

 

Chen sigh, he didn’t know how all of this happened. The constant fight, the insults they threw shamelessly, constantly trying to get to each other’s throat. It was hopeless. There’s nothing he could do. Not when he’s alone. Xiumin didn’t count.

 

He smiled sadly at the many sweet memories they created together ever since they’re trainee. It was the reason why he tolerates with s ty attitude. It was his pillar of strength that stopped him from getting into a fight with his own members. Chen stood up from his position, tired of watching s fighting with each others. It’s stupid, he thought.

 

“Guys, I would appreciate it if you stop whatever you guys are doing now. Go to sleep. It’s late already.” Chen yawned and walked to his room to sleep.

 

It seems like his voice was some kind of bell that awaken a sleeping figure from a long nap. Everyone blinked stupidly and slowly went to their respective room to sleep. The day has been tiring.

 

It was always like this. Them fighting without realizing the time and at the end of the day, it would be Chen that snapped them out of everything they were doing and complied to whatever he said. They knew Chen always watched at the side silently, not wanting to involve in any fight possible. He tolerates with everyone and treated them normally like the fight didn’t even occur in the first place. They respected him for that so obeying him is all they can do for him when he said it nicely to them.