Chapter 3: Let’s Start Over

I Didn't Expect You

Wow Summer Vacation really gives a girl a lot of time. I managed to finish this in 5 days, yay!! Enjoy!


 

Sehun woke up to the sound of a phone alarm. One that wasn't his. He groaned when he saw what time it was. 6:30am. He covered his face with his pillow and called out, "Jongin please turn off your alarm."

When the phone kept ringing, the redhead angrily sat up. He realized Jongin wasn't in the room but the bathroom. Sighing he got up and turned the alarm off. "He should've made sure his alarm was off..." He grumbled on his way back into his bed and covered himself up.

The bathroom door opened and Jongin walked into the room. He looked between his phone and Sehun's bed. "Sehun... Did you turn off my alarm?"

"Yeah, it was too loud."

"Shouldn't you get up already?"

"I don't have class until 8:45."

"Ah."

There was an awkward silence that hung in the air. Jongin grabbed his bag and opened the door. "....See you in dance class..." He spoke before leaving the room. Sehun turned his body to face the closed door and pressed his lips together. Jongin was acting a little weird this morning.

---

"Hunnie, help me with this problem please?"

Sehun looked over at Zitao who was staring at a math problem in confusion. Without a complaint he moved closer to the blonde. "You need to combine the like terms here, swap these around and then plug it into your calculator to see the graph table. You’ll find the answer from that."

Zitao's eyes lit up in understandment. "Ah! I get it now! Do you do this with the other problems too?"

"For this section yeah. Just call me over if you need more help."

"Will do, thanks."

"Mhm..."

The blonde looked over at his friend. “How’s your home situation?”

“You mean my dorm?” The redhead shrugged, “I don’t know. We don’t talk and when we do it’s awkward silence. We're just ignoring each other."

Zitao nodded as he solved his math problems. “Hm. I guess your bad impressions made things hard for you guys to talk...”

“Maybe, I mean it’s only been three days. Oh I forgot. My parents texted me and told me my stuff is here to pick up.”

“Oh Okay! I’ll come by after our last class.”

“I need to get a bed set though. They told me it wasn’t packed for whatever reason.”

The older smiled as he raised his head. “I have an extra bed set. It’s red and black though…”

Sehun smiled. “I like red.”

“Okay! I’ll pick it up later then.”

“Cool.”

“Let’s get back to work.” Zitao looked back down to his paper.

---

The lunch room was loud as usual when Sehun walked in after going to his dorm to pick up clothes. He was craving some bubble tea at the moment and was glad they sold it at the campus. He spotted the table, Zitao already there talking with Joonmyeon. "Hey guys." he spoke once he got to the table.

"Hey! How's college so far??" Luhan asked as Sehun sat next to him.

Sehun shrugged before taking some of Luhan’s food. "It's alright. I like my classes and stuff."

Luhan pushed his food over to his brother. "How's your dance class?"

"Thanks.” He ate a fry. “The teacher's cool. We won't start class until today."

"Hm, well I hope you like it. Eunhyuk is a cool teacher."

Sehun looked at his brother is surprise, "You had him before?"

Luhan hummed as Minseok leaned forward to speak to Sehun. "Yup! 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd year student get him. 4th year students get a different teacher and course."

"Oh I didn't know that."

Luhan nodded after sipping his drink. "Yeah so you'll probably have him next year too."

"Okay."

"Hey Sehun!"

The redhead turned over to who called him. "Yes Baekhyun hyung?"

"Tell me who's better looking- me or Chanyeol."

The redhead blinked confused, "Huh? Why?"

"Because I need to prove to Yoda here that I'm superior to him in looks."

Chanyeol frowned and shoved Baekhyun lightly. "Stop calling me Yoda you piece of Bacon!"

"IT'S BAEKHYUN NOT BACON!! I'M NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!"

Kyungsoo, who was in between them, could only sigh as he looked at Sehun pleadingly. "Just answer the question please."

Sehun blinked as he looked at the two arguing. "So who’s better looking?"

The two males looked over and nodded. The maknae scanned them both. Both had good attributes and were attractive but he could only choose one. "I like Chanyeol." The platinum blonde squealed happily as Baekhyun stared horrified. "WHAT?!"

Yixing chuckled from his seat next to Jongdae as he laughed loudly. “Hah you thought Baekhyun!”

Yifan had his chin propped on his hand as he looked at Sehun. “Now I’m curious to hear the answer.”

Zitao and Joonmyeon also looked at Sehun expectantly.

"Well," Sehun looked at Chanyeol again, "I like his hairstyle, he has a nice voice, and.... I actually like his ears the best."

Chanyeol was basking in happiness as he pulled Sehun into a hug. "Sehun you have such good taste!" He fake cried.

"He has horrible taste!" Baekhyun complained before looking at Kyungsoo. "It doesn't matter though, I still have an awesome boyfriend while Chanyeol is forever alone."

"Being alone isn't bad." Chanyeol muttered as he let Sehun go. Seeing Chanyeol's dejectiness, Sehun flicked the blonde's ear and gave a small smile. "I agree."

And Chanyeol managed to smile with a blush on his ears.

---

The redhead walked into the dance studio and his eyes instantly laid on Jongin talking to someone. Jongin’s eyes left his friend and found Sehun’s. The latter looked away uninterested.

“Sehunnie~!”

Sehun looked over to the voice that called him and grinned. Quickly he walked over to his hyung. “Hi Hobi hyung.”

"Hey." The brown haired male replied as he stretched his arms forward, “You ready to dance??”

Sehun copied his actions before squatting and stretching his legs out. “As I’ll ever be.”

Hoseok was about to respond when their teacher walked inside, someone following behind. “Alright class, I hope everyone finished stretching because we’re jumping right into it.” he faced the class and smiled. “Today I decided to challenge you guys. So, we’re doing Ballet and contemporary dance. I brought someone to help with that!” He turned to their guest. “This is Ms. Kim, please listen and pay attention to her instructions.”

Sehun felt a little nervous. He was pretty confident in contemporary dance since he did it a lot in high school. But not ballet. He had a feeling he was going to have a hard time with it.

 

And of course Sehun’s right. He huffed in annoyance when they got break. Hoseok insisted that he was doing perfectly fine but, being the perfectionist with dance, Sehun felt he was getting the footing wrong. He sighed once class finished. “Good job guys. At the end of next week I will evaluate your performances for your grade.” Eunhyuk called as everyone packed their stuff. Sehun packed his stuff away with a sour face. Hoseok looked at his friend in sympathy. “It really wasn’t bad Sehunnie.”

“But I feel like I could better…”

“You will.”

“I’m just going to practice later tonight.”

“Do you want me to come?” Hoseok asked.

“Nah, I don’t want to inconvenience you.”

“Okay. Just don’t stay too late.”

Sehun smiled at his hyung. “I won’t.”

---

The rest of the school day went by fast. After it ended, Zitao and Sehun unpacked all of the latter’s luggage, hanging everything up and putting them away neatly. By the time they finished it was 7pm and Jongin still hadn’t come to the room. Zitao fell unto Sehun’s bed. “Ah I’m glad we finished! You have too much …”

“Oh shut up Tao. You’re dorm has more stuff than mine.” Sehun threw his underwear on Zitao’s face.

“EW Sehun!! Stop doing that!!!” Zitao flung the underwear somewhere away from him.

“It’s the only way to shut you up. At least they were clean.” Sehun snickered.

“Ugh you disgust me.”

The redhead shrugged before tapping the blonde’s foot. “Hey when are you leaving? I gotta practice my dance routine.”

Zitao craned his neck up to look at the younger. “I’ll leave now if you want me too.”

Sehun smiled in thanks. “Please.”

“Alright,” The older got off the bed, “Let’s get breakfast together tomorrow, deal?”

“Deal.”

“Bye Hunnie.”

Zitao left and Sehun grabbed his bag before leaving. In five minutes he made it to the dance studio and was glad it was empty. He put his stuff down next to the stereo and plugged in his phone. He played the songs for his dance routine and walked to the middle of the room. He started with the contemporary piece first and practiced for over an hour. When he felt satisfied with his dance he changed the song for the ballet routine. He took his time practicing this dance, watching his footing and turns. He kept practicing when the door opened.

“Why did I have a feeling I would find you here.”

Sehun turned to the door and was surprised to see Jongin there. “What are you doing here?”

Jongin walked over the redhead shrugging, “I was looking for you. I’m assuming you’re practicing the ballet part?”

Sehun frowned. “What of it?” He wasn’t in the mood for Jongin’s side remarks and stuffy attitude.

“I saw you struggling in class and thought I should help.”

“What?” Sehun was dumbfounded. “How and why would you want to help me?”

“Because my specialty is ballet and jazz,” The tan brunette sighed, “Look Sehun, I don’t want there to be this awkwardness between us anymore. We’re going to be roommates for four years.”

“...So you’re saying?”

Jongin held his hand out. “Let’s start over, let’s pretend everything before never happened.” He added with a smile.

Sehun stared at the hand before Jongin’s face warily. Should he accept Jongin’s offer? He could admit that it is awkward and he can’t think of another way for it to go away. And Jongin is willing to help him learn the dance. Sehun bit the inside of his cheek before grabbing the hand. “Okay.”

Jongin smiled. “Hello, my name is Kim Jongin.”

Sehun chuckled at the childish manner and smiled back. “Oh Sehun.”

Jongin let go of his hand. “Okay now let’s teach you this dance.”

“Okay.”

After another hour of practice and Jongin’s guidance, Sehun was finally satisfied with himself. They ended up putting songs on shuffle, dancing however they feel. Sometimes Jongin would teach some dances and other times it was Sehun. They were laying down on the floor catching their breath after two hours. “Thanks Jongin…”

The tan brunette sat up and looked at Sehun with a smile, “No problem.”

Sehun sat up too, “Hey you hungry?”

“A little.”

“Well my brother told me about this really good barbecue place, want to go?”

“Ah, are you taking me out?”

Sehun rolled his eyes before punching the other’s shoulder, feeling more comfortable with the brunette. “It’s thanks for helping today.”

Jongin chuckled. “I was just joking! But sure, let’s go!”

The two males got up and walked out the studio, a new friendship blooming that night.


I'm beyond happy with the number of subscribers i have. Thank you guys!!! Comment please~ Comments are always welcomed :D