Chapter 10: Don’t Ignore Me Anymore

I Didn't Expect You

Sooooo hello~! I'm back! I'm sorry, a lot of things were going on for the past 5/6 months that had the urge to write out of me. But it has gone away now and i'm back writing! Also ya girl caught the angst bug, so i was finding it hard to write happy fics for a while.

Anyways here's the new chapter, we have Jongin's POV!! ALSO- uhhh this has a curve ball in it! This isn't the usual way to reveal stuff buttttt this is how i ended up writing it. I hope it's not bad! enjoy! please excuse this chapter as i am a little rusty since its been a while.


Sehun realized he was the worst sulker ever. He was pouty faced everywhere he went, he suddenly more clingy to his friends, especially Zitao, Chanyeol, and Hoseok (Hoseok was eating it up though), and never wanted to be in his room. Which is why he was in his best friend’s room down the hall.

 

Spread eagle on the platinum blonde’s bed, Sehun let out a sigh. He just felt really down. His heart wasn't so much broken anymore but there was a heavy feeling weighing it down. It's been a week since the studio incident. And he has been keeping his distance from Jongin- which was quite hard with them being roommates, and Jongin's constant questioning eyes. Sehun squirmed on the bed with another sigh.

 

Zitao, chin resting on his hand in a thinking manner, frowned at him from his side of the room. He didn't bother even trying anymore, because any form of help from him was just unsuccessful. Sehun constantly called Zitao’s help useless and stupid, and Zitao was not in the mood for pitiful sass (he himself was enough to deal with and he didn't need Sehun’s extra attitude with it).

 

The door opened and Chanyeol walked inside. When he saw the redhead on his bed he looked at Zitao who rolled his eyes. Chanyeol sighed lightly before walking over to his bed and dropping his bag on top of the sulking male. Sehun let out a small oof as Chanyeol found a spot on his bed to sit.

 

“Hyung~”

 

Hyung~ nothing. You've been sulking too long. C’mon.”

 

Sehun lifted his head up at the platinum blonde. “What?”

 

“I said c’mon, we're going out.”

 

“Out? Where?” Sehun sat up and Chanyeol grinned.

 

“On a date!”

 

“A what-?”

 

----

 

Sehun let Chanyeol drag him around that day. Well, not drag exactly. Sehun actually did like the places Chanyeol took him too. They ended up going to a super mall in Seoul and exploring all the shops that peaked their interest.

 

Music shops to video games stores, furniture stores for their dorms to the department store that sold the basic needs of a college student (like instant noodles and coffee). The two males just finished walking out the department store when a bubble tea shop caught Sehun’s attention. “Oh Chan hyung!”

 

Chanyeol looked at the smiling redhead, “What's up?”

 

“Let's go to the bubble tea shop!”

 

Seeing the younger's excitement, Chanyeol easily agreed, grabbing Sehun’s hand and walking over to the shop. “Is this your favorite drink or something?” he asked, looking back at the redhead.

 

“Boba is love, boba is life.”

 

“That was so bad.”

 

“Well it’s my motto. So deal.”

 

Chanyeol snorted lightly, but there was a smile on his face as they walked into the store. Luckily there was no line so the two were able to go straight to cashier. The cashier had a juvenile aura to him, with his bright red hair and boxy grin that rivalled Baekhyun’s (actually he looked like he could be Baekhyun’s son) and his name tag that read Taehyung (,^v^)/.

 

Taehyung greeted them brightly, “Hello! How can I help you??”

 

Sehun leaned against the counter slightly, “Hm, I’ll take a large chocolate tea,” He looked at Chanyeol, “What do you want hyung?”

 

“Um, I’ll take the Peach tea, medium.”

 

Taehyung mumbled their order as he put it in the register, “Anything else you guys want?”

 

“Nope,” Chanyeol pulled out his wallet and paid, much to Sehun’s dislike but the platinum blonde expertly ignore the other.

 

“Okay, your order will be out soon,” Taehyung gave them another smile before walking over to the machines, “Jiminie babe we gotta make some tea.”

 

Chanyeol and Sehun could hear someone whispering (but not really) “Don’t call me that at work Tae!” and Taehyung replying “Sorry, habit!”

 

Sehun chuckled lightly, “High schoolers are cute.”

 

“You talk as if you weren’t one just a few months ago.”

 

“Hey, I’m a college kid now. A grown man.”

 

“I love how you said grown man, but said college kid before that.”

 

Sehun smacked Chanyeol’s shoulder, “Shut up, you knew what I meant.”

 

Chanyeol snickered but didn’t say anything after. They waited in a comfortable silence before a brunette, who they assumed was Jimin came to them with a cheeky smile, “Here are your drinks.”

 

“Thank you,” Sehun smiled, “Have a nice day.”

 

“You too!”

 

The two walked out of the store and Chanyeol looked over at the younger, “Where to next?”

 

Sehun stopped sipping his drink and gave a thoughtful look, “Hm, have you eaten?”

 

When the platinum blonde shook his head, the redhead grinned. He laced his arm with the other’s, “Okay! Let's go eat!”

 

Chanyeol wasn't even phased by the skinship. “Okay, what do you want?”

 

“Barbecue.”

 

“Okay let's go!”

 
 

After the two ate, Sehun decided to stay out a little longer in the city. Chanyeol questioned if he was sure, but Sehun gave him a smile saying “Need to think a little. See ya later Chan hyung.”

 

“Okay Sehuna~!”

 

The redhead watched as the other walked back to the campus. When Chanyeol was out of his sight Sehun sighed out loud before slumping against a wall. He appreciated the older’s want for him be happy. Not wanting the other’s effort to be in vain, Sehun stretched and decided to try enjoy his time out.

 

He let his feet carry him without a thought. He never really took time to look around the area that the college resided in so sight seeing seemed like the best idea. Sehun remembered all the stores and anything else that caught his attention.

 

Before he knew it, Sehun had walked for around an hour. “Maybe I should head back…” his thought trailed off when he spotted a certain brunette.

 

The brunette who has been the root of his heart break. Jongin was in a music store talking to someone Sehun didn't recognize. Longing suddenly nestled its way into his chest. He wished things could go back to before he had feelings. The redhead shook his head. That's not happening he reminded himself. He turned the other way, walking back to his dorm with heavy steps.

 

---

 

Jongin leaned against the front counter and sighed deeply. “Hyung you’re not going to find it here.”

 

Minho popped his head up from behind one of the aisles with pursed lips. “They said they had old CDs here, so I’m not giving up.”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes. “Does it matter what CD you get him?”

 

Minho nodded firmly, “You of all people know how much Taemin loves Michael Jackson. Got To Be There is Michael’s first album so it has to be that CD.”

 

“But he’s completely whipped by you- you could get him a Metallica CD and he’d still love it.”

 

“Aish Jongin shut up and let me concentrate.”

 

“Ok ok,” Jongin closed his mouth and watched the older male intensely look for the Michael Jackson CD. While he wasn’t happy having to wait, he did feel a warmth in his chest watching Minho. It was always endearing how much Minho did for Taemin. The two had only been dating for a little over a year but they were completely infatuated with each other. Minho was Taemin’s number one fan, and would respond to every beckon or call the younger male gave. And Taemin would shoot heart eyes at anything Minho did. He could yawn and Taemin would be a puddle of feels.

 

Jongin snorted thinking about all of the couple’s moments together. Though a sense of envy washed over him too. It would be nice to love someone and be equally love backed. Jongin wondered if he could ever truly have that soon.

 

A face flashed in the back of his head and he couldn't stop the smile that marred his face. “Jongin you sure are hooked.” He chided himself.

 

“I FOUND IT!”

 

Jongin was pulled out his bubble and watched Minho jump around with the CD in his hand.

 

“Yay, now I can go home!” Jongin pushed off the counter walking to the entrance. “I’ll see you around hyung!”

 

Minho grinned and waved him off, “Bye Jonginnie~!”

 

The younger walked out and headed for home. When he finally came back to his dorm, Sehun was lying under his sheets with headphones on facing the wall. He stared at the younger and suddenly felt frustration. This whole avoiding game was starting to get to him, but he decided not to press the issue. He didn’t want to push Sehun farther away. So with a deep breath he closed the door behind him and went to the bathroom. Not seeing Sehun’s gaze follow him.

 

---

 

The alarm rang through the dorm and Jongin blindly grabbed his phone to turn it off. After he managed to turn it off he stayed still for a few more seconds before sitting up with a groan. It was too early in the morning for anything right now. But then he remembered he had class and a diploma to get. So he trudged to his closet, grabbing literally the first thing he sees, and turns to the bathroom to get ready.

 

Twenty minutes later he stepped out fully dressed and grabbed his bookbag. Jongin was about to leave when he stopped from opening the door. He turned back to look at the other bed. The brunette walked to the sleeping figure and stared at him. Sehun was still sound asleep, cocooned in his blankets and a peaceful look gracing his face.

 

The older male couldn’t stop himself and without thinking he grazed Sehun’s cheek with the back of his hand. He realized what he did and was about to pull away but Sehun sighed out loud, smiling at his touch. Jongin’s eyebrows rose in surprise, but decided to not let this moment go to waste. He Sehun’s face from his forehead, to his nose, and down to his chin, finger ghosting over the younger’s lips. He sighed softly and gently poked the sleeping male’s cheek. “Don’t ignore me anymore…” he whispered before leaving the room.

 
 

His classes for the first half of the day ended in flash and he finds himself in a cafe outside the campus. He hunched forward with his hand holding his head up, cheek squished. He looked pitiful but Jongin honestly didn't care.

 

Taemin sat down across the table and placed an americano in front of him. “Here you go now stop moping around.”

 

“How can I stop moping when Sehun is avoiding me like the plague?”

 

“Then tell him to stop.”

 

Jongin crossed his arms, “It's not that simple.”

 

“Then tell him you love him and want to date.”

 

Jongin blushed deep red, “Min! Confessing would only push him away farther!!”

 

Taemin shrugged, “Then I don't know what to tell you buddy.”

 

Jongin groaned and banged his head against the table. Taemin ignored the weird stares they were getting and patted Jongin’s head, “Nevermind Sehun at the moment, you have other things to deal with.”

 

“Like what?” Jongin muffled from his arms.

 

“Like Seungri’s infatuation with you and him kissing you.”

 

Jongin made a noise between agony and anger, “Oh god please don't bring that up. I dealt with that already and still have nightmares.”

 

“I'm just saying…”

 

“I felt so bad turning him down.”

 

“I would too. He pined after you since high school,” Taemin chuckled, “he was really committed. Must have broke his poor heart.”

 

Jongin lifted his head and glared at his best friend. “Do you like making me feel like a ?”

 

Taemin smile brightly making Jongin roll his eyes, putting his head down again. “Ah!” Taemin shook the brunette’s arm, “But now Seungri is out of the way so you can go after Sehun in peace.”

 

“Yeah but that requires Sehun actually talking to me…”

 

“Do you even know why he's avoiding you?”

 

Jongin moved his head and honestly looked so done with life, “That's the thing- I don't know.

 

Taemin purses his lips. He really couldn't think of a reason why the redhead was avoiding his best friend. When he first heard about it, it seemed so bizarre. With the way they interacted when he first met Sehun, he honestly thought they had mutual feelings. But suddenly Sehun did a 180 degree switch. There had to be more to the story, Taemin just knew it.

 

Jongin sighed, “I should just give up.”

 

Taemin shook his head, “No don't give up. We just gotta approach this differently.” He looked at his phone, “Dance is in 20 minutes, you should get going.”

 

Jongin grimaced realizing he would be seeing the source of his problems. But nonetheless he got up, “I'll see you later Min.”

 

“I’ll pick you up after class.”

 

“Ok.”

 

---

 

Jongin never knew he could dread walking into dance like he is right now. The moment his foot passed the doorway his stomach knotted up. His eyes instantly zoned in on Sehun who was stretching with Hoseok. While Sehun was bending down to stretch his back, Hoseok noticed him and waved with a grin. Jongin managed to return the gesture, though it wasn’t as happy. Hoseok gave him a sympathetic look before turning back to the redhead who rose back up. Jongin looked away and went to his usual spot in the front. Once Eunhyuk walked in the class started.

 

Today was not a good day. The brunette found himself not dancing as well as he usually did. He knew it was because he was distracted today. And the eyes constantly staring at him from behind weren’t helping- if anything they were making him more frustrated. For the first time ever Jongin was glad class ended. Taemin was standing outside in the hall and he made a beeline straight for his friend. He stopped at the door and abruptly turned around-

 

-to lock eyes with Sehun. The redhead quickly averted his eyes somewhere else, ears red from being caught staring. Any other time Jongin would have found it cute, even endearing, but right now it made him want to scream. He huffed with a frown and stormed out of class.

 

Taemin watched him with concern, “You okay?”

 

Jongin’s frown wouldn’t leave as he stuffed his hands in his hoodie pocket, “Never better.”

 

But it was quite the opposite.