Chapter 9: This Feels Really High School Zitao

I Didn't Expect You

When Zitao came back home that morning he was met with something super weird. “What….”

Chanyeol's side of the room was messier than usual. There were snacks all over his desk and bed dresser, his guitar was laying on the floor next to his bed, and the TV was still on, a kdrama playing in the background. The cherry on the cake that made this weird was that Chanyeol wasn't alone in the room.

Sehun was inside and they were both asleep, on the same bed.

Chanyeol was laying on his back with his arms spread out and Sehun was on his stomach, head on the other’s arm and facing him. This confused the blonde because he could never remember them being close. They never went passed “hello”. But then Zitao noticed Sehun’s puffy eyes and it clicked in his head.

He must have been crying and I wasn't here… He gave another look at them. The two looked so peaceful in their sleep and now Zitao was reluctant to wake them up.

But they had class. Zitao sighed before quietly going to Sehun. With soft shake he cooed, “Hunnie, wake up. We have class.”

Sehun stirred a little before opening his eyes. He looked over at his best friend with bleary eyes. “Tao?”

The older smiled “Yeah it's me. It's time to get up.”

Sehun sat up sluggishly, and his movement must have awaken Chanyeol. The platinum blonde sat up and yawned. When he saw Sehun staring at him he smiled, cupping one side of his cheek to rub a thumb under the younger’s eye. “Are you okay now?”

Sehun unconsciously leaned into that touch and nodded silently, “Yeah, I’m okay…”

Zitao quickly looked away. This felt too intimate for his liking. “Alright! So I’m gonna get ready, Hunnie meet me outside usual time!”

“Oh yeah, okay.”

Zitao quickly walked to the bathroom and shut it behind him, whispering to himself, “What the is going on?!”

---

The redhead was quiet throughout the morning, staring blankly at the board and teacher. Zitao watched him with an unpleased frown. He nudged the younger once the teacher gave them time to work on their own. Sehun turned, giving him an equally blank look. “What?”

What happened yesterday?

Ah,” Sehun had a pained face thinking about the night before, “that.

Yeah that, tell me. Because obviously you were at my dorm for me, right?

The redhead bit the inside of his cheek before nodding, “I was…”

“Ok then spill.”

“It's just-” Sehun sighed and rest his head on his palm, “I tried not to be elementary, I walked all the way to the studio to be college. To confess- to just ing do it but...”

“But what?”

“I found Jongin making out with that senior Seungri. Well not really, it was more like Seungri was kissing Jongin, but Jongin didn't pull away so it's basically the same thing.” Sehun buried his head in his arms, “This feels really high school Zitao.”

The blonde said nothing for a moment before snorting softly, making Sehun look up at him in question. “What's so funny about this?”

Zitao shrugged with his lax smirk, “Nothing. I think it's just sad we’re using levels of education to describe your love life and drama.”

Sehun just blinked at him before he himself snorted with a matching smirk. “Oh my god you're right. You started it first though.”

“I'll own up to that but,” Zitao gave a guilty look, “Hunnie why didn't you call me? I feel bad that I wasn't there.”

“I didn't want to bother you when you're with your friends. Plus Chanyeol hyung helped out.”

“Yeah,” the blonde drawled out resting his head on his palm, “He really helped out.”

Sehun sent him a semi glare, “What do you mean by really helped?”

“I mean I walk inside my room and see you guys in the same bed, you in Chanyeol’s arm facing him. It was quite the sight. Oh and that cheek holding- really intimate.”

Sehun blinked at him, “Tao that wasn't-”

“I know I know, I'm teasing. But it's kinda scary how comfortable you two got in one night. I get you guys know of each other but this was really quick.”

“Me and you became friends in 6 hours, what's the difference?”

“I'm bae.”

Sehun turned back to the board and put a hand in the older's face, making him face the board also, “Goodbye.”

---

 

Once it was time for lunch, Sehun and Zitao walked to the cafeteria. Their table wasn't full like usual, only Joonmyeon, Yifan, Luhan,and Minseok were sitting. Sehun sat in his spot next to his brother, and Zitao next to his “parents.” “Hyung, where is everyone?”

“Oh, Hunnie.” Luhan smiled up at him along with the others, “They're coming. Beagle line plus Kyungsoo are on the other side of the campus on Wednesdays and they still haven't fixed the clocks there. And Lay is skipping lunch today, something about perfecting this piano composition.”

“Ah okay.”

“So we get peace and quiet for a moment?!” Zitao gasped dramatically and Joonmyeon smiled at him. The brunette pat the blonde’s shoulder, “Yeah for like 2 minutes. Those kids walk really fast. That or they took the shuttle here.”

“Even one minute is fine.”

Minseok leaned forward, giving Sehun some lunch he packed from their home, “What class did you guys come out of again?”

Sehun graciously took the food, “Math.”

That was Zitao’s signal to whine out loud, “I really hate that class. Like why do I need to know formulas and useless techniques if I will never use it?!” He looked at Yifan pleading, “Gege, save me from the class.”

The tall brunette chuckled and pet his head, “I wish I could, but I've been asking Joon that since our 1st year here.”

The group chuckled and Joonmyeon shook his head, “Fan at a lot of things, math is just part of the endless list.”

Yifan pouted softly looking at his boyfriend, “How long is my list??”

Joonmyeon gave a slight smirk, “It's over 30 now, and we’ve only been together for 4 years. Imagine how long that list is gonna be later.”

The tall brunette rolled his eyes before wrapping an arm around his lover and pecking his cheek, “Well I’m glad you’re willing to stick with me.”

The other blushed lightly, “Of course…”

Sehun was about to say something when his vision went black. It took a millisecond to realize two large hands were over his eyes. “Sehuna, Sehuna~” a deep voice called out softly next to his ear. He smiled lightly and grabbed the hands gently, “Hyung I know it’s you.”

“Oh really?” Sehun’s vision was restored and he grinned up at the platinum blonde behind him, “Hi.”

“Hi Sehuna!”

“Ew. This is why you didn’t want me to announce my presence? So you could be icky with Hunnie?!”

Chanyeol and Sehun looked at the disgusted Baekhyun, and the rest of the confused group.

The two didn’t realize they were being watched through their exchange and Sehun felt a little embarrassed. Luhan looked surprised, but more intrigued than anything. “When did this buddy action happen? Where have I been?”

Chanyeol sat down at his seat and gave his infamous smile, “Sehun went to see Tao, but he wasn’t there so we decided to hangout yesterday.” He chuckled lightly, “You’ve been here the whole time.”

Sehun was grateful Chanyeol left the part that he was crying at his doorstep out of the explanation. And he looked at Zitao who held a surprised look, feigning ignorance. Sehun really loved that chinese idiot.

Baekhyun gave a slight stink face, “Still mad I couldn’t announce myself…”

Kyungsoo stared at him blankly, “Baek, get over yourself.”

“Soo, that’s mean!”

The doe eyed male rolled his eyes and left to get food, “I’m not mean, I’m just speaking from the heart.”

Baekhyun scrambled to get up, chasing after the other, “You’re just gonna leave your boyfriend like that?!”

Jongdae shook his head, “I can’t believe I’m friends with that.”

“Don’t even start, you’re Baekhyun 2.0” Minseok muttered and Luhan laughed, nodding in agreement.

“Ya’ll menaces.”

“We only speak the truth.”

“Well hyung, your truth !”

Sehun just watched Jongdae begin to argue with Luhan when he felt someone tap the top of his head. He turned his body towards Chanyeol and smiled, “What?”

“Nothing, just wanted to look at you.”

“For what?”

Chanyeol said nothing for a moment before rubbing at Sehun’s eye with his thumb, “Your eyes are still a little puffy, but they aren’t red anymore. That’s good.”

Sehun’s smile fell slightly, “Oh, that’s good.”

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side, reading Sehun. “Are you okay Sehuna?”

Sehun sighed and shook his head. Honestly, he felt like crap. It getting your heart broken, even worse when you have your hopes and they get stomped to the ground and burned. “Not really.”

The older male gave a sad smile, “I’m sorry.” Sehun scoffed and poked the other, “It wasn’t even your fault. If anything I owe you.” Chanyeol grinned at him. “I’m gonna hold you up on that Sehuna.”

The redhead grinned back, “I would be surprised if you didn’t.”

---

Sehun never imagine he would feel this way, dreading to go to dance- his favorite class. But the thought of seeing Jongin, the tan brunette smiling as if everything was okay, torn at his insides. He walked into the studio and with his eyes, instantly scanned for Hoseok. When he found said male stretching on the side he made a beeline for him. Hoseok saw him coming and smiled, “Sehunni- oof!

Sehun held him in a bear hug, hiding in his neck. The brown haired male was surprised, but returned the hug anyways. “Sehunnie, are you okay?”

“No.”

Hoseok pulled away and looked concerned, “What’s wrong?”

“Confession ended terrible- actually I didn’t get to even confess…”

“WHAT?! Sehun-!” Sehun covered the older’s mouth looking sheepish at the other classmates who stared at them weirdly. “Hobi please lower your voice.”

Hoseok ripped the redhead’s hand away and whisper yelled, “What do you mean you didn’t even get to confess!?”

The younger sighed, and stared up at the ceiling, “I went to the studio to confess and when I look inside Jongin is lip locking with that senior Seungri.”

“Wait- Seungri? As in Lee Seunghyun, Seungri?!” Hoseok’s jaw hit the floor. “Jongin knows Seungri?”

Apparently…” Sehun frowned deeply and Hoseok gave a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry Sehun, I didn’t think this would happen. I swear-”

Hoseok stopped and Sehun turned toward the door. His blood ran cold seeing Jongin walk inside.

“Sehun!”

He turned back to Hoseok with a panicked face as Jongin walked closer to them.

Before they could act Jongin was in front of them smiling, “Hey guys-”

“Oh jesus my stomach is really hurting.” Sehun held his stomach with a pained expression. “I think I should go lay down.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes while Jongin looked concerned, “Really? Do you need me to take you-”

“Nope! I’ll be fine by myself.” The redhead turned to the brown haired male, “Tell me what I miss later Hobi.” He gave them both quick looks before practically running out the studio.

Jongin was pouting softly and Hoseok sighed deeply running a hand through his hair. Way to face problems Sehunnie...

---

“You ran? And missed two dance classes?  Are you serious Hunnie?”

“Please don’t judge me Tao, my body just moved the first time ok.”

Zitao pursed his lips into a straight line, “Well guess what, it’s the weekend tomorrow and you guys dorm together. How are you gonna run from that?”

“Easy, I’m staying at Ge’s house.” Sehun said shamelessly.

“You’re using your brother as your escape,” Zitao whistled, “Wow you’re really desperate.”

“Well I can’t go to your dorm! I live like 20 steps away and there’s not enough space.”

“You and Chanyeol hyung could always share a bed again, get all cuddly- OUCH!” Zitao rubbed at his arm, “Do you really have to punch me? I’m fragile.”

“One, you do Wushu for a living, you are not fragile. And two, me and Chanyeol hyung are not cuddling, shut the up.”

“Aish you’re so rude to your hyung. I’m just trying to help you!”

Sehun crossed his arms, “Your help .”

Zitao rolled his eyes muttering ‘As you’ve said time and time again, ’ under his breath before he got up from his seat on the booth. “Well, I’m gonna head out first. Jackson has been wanting me to meet his boyfriend forever now. God knows what he’ll do if I don’t today.”

“Wasn’t his name Mark or something?”

“Yup, I’ll see you later- at Luhan hyung’s home or wherever else you plan to hide.”

Sehun rolled his eyes but waved his friend away. He sat alone in the cafe they decided to go to after class ended and let his mind ponder. While even though he knew he might be exaggerating things, he just couldn’t confront Jongin. The redhead didn’t know what to do with his feelings, and the sour taste in his mouth when he thinks about the studio incident. Sehun sighed, laying his head on the table. Suddenly he didn’t want his bubble tea anymore.

“Sehun?”

He looked up as he felt a hand on his shoulder, slightly surprised to see Yoongi standing there. “Hyung? What are you doing here?”

Yoongi took a seat across from Sehun. “I’m getting Hoseok an Americano, he won’t shut up about how he's craving it.” He threw air quotations up, “‘It's good for the creative brain. I can't make up dances at home without it.’”

Sehun smiled thinking about his hyung and sighed, “He's so weird.”

The older male's eyes turned soft, an equally soft smile on his face, “Yeah, but I need that in my life.”

“Hyung?”

“Hm?”

“Do you really love Hoseok?”

Yoongi responded almost instantly, “My relationship with Hoseok is like breathing. Without it, I'll die. Plain and simple.”

“So dark yet poetic.”

The pink haired male laughed and shrugged as he leaned back against the booth. “It's the truth. Sometimes I think I love him more than he does me- not saying he doesn't love me but I think he could live without me if we would to break up.” He gave Sehun a cheeky smile, “But that's not happening.”

“You're…”

“I'm totally infatuated by him.”

“More like whipped.” Sehun chuckled.

“Eh,” The older shrugged, “I'll take that.”

As the cashier at the counter called out to Yoongi, the older male gave the younger a smile, “I gotta go, Hobi awaits me.”

“That's okay. Bye hyung, tell Hoseok I said hi!”

“Will do.” Sehun watched Yoongi leave and smiled softly, his relationship with Hoseok was pretty solid.

He felt a bitter feeling, thinking him and Jongin will never be like that.

---

“Hey Hunnie~!” Luhan grinned as his brother walked inside.

“Hey Ge. Where’s Min hyung?”

“Ah he’s at the gym right now,” Luhan wiggled his eyebrows, “Getting buff for muah.”

“It's cute how you think that.”

“Oh shut up you.” Luhan rolled his eyes and pointed at the hallway, “Go put your stuff in the guest room.”

“Yes sir~”

The raven huffed as he followed his younger brother into the room. “So why are you here again? And why the whole weekend?”

Sehun turned around with a wide smile, “I wanted to spend time with you! I don't really see me.”

Luhan hummed and leaned against the doorframe, “You still at lying to me.”

“Okay, I’ll tell you but later. I don't really feel like talking about it.”

“Arasso~ I'll leave you alone, but you're getting kicked out by Monday.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, waving dismissively, “Yes yes I assumed that. Please leave now~”

“I love how you're such an but say it so sweetly.” Luhan shook his head as he pushed his body off the doorframe and walked away.

Sehun took a deep breath and fell face first into the soft bed. He sighed contently, enjoying the silence when he heard his phone ring. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and raised a brow at the text message.

 

From: Chanyeollie Hyungie

Sehuna, why are you at Minseok hyung’s? You should have came here ㅠㅠ

 

Sehun chuckled at his hyung and replied back.

 

From: Sehuna~Sehuna

Hyung, it's not that big of a deal. You’ll live :)

 

Instead of a text, Sehun’s phone began to ring out loud, Only One by BoA playing. He rolled his eyes and answered the phone. “Yes hyung?”

 

“Yah Sehuna, how can you take our friendship so lightly~ I need to hear your sarcasm at least once a day.”

“Hyung, we just met really like two days ago.”

“And I realized I was wrong for not being closer to you sooner. I need your sass on a regular.”

“I do not sass. And don't you get that enough with Zitao?”

“Tao isn't you.”

“Hyung…” Sehun smiled, “That sounded very cheesy.”

“But as I found out, you like cheesy!”

Before Sehun could respond back he heard Luhan call out “Sehun, come and eat!”

“Ah Hyung I have to go.”

“Ok, come back to me soon Sehuna!”

“I swear you're the only one who calls me that.”

“Let's keep it that, anyways bye Sehuna~!”

“Bye.” Sehun hung up the phone and slid himself out of bed to go eat. Ah I'm lucky to have Chanyeol hyung.

-------------------

After the long weekend Sehun walked inside his dorm, and was surprised to see his roommate in bed. “Don't you have class right now?”

Jongin snapped his head from his phone and sat up, “Sehun!”

The younger male stared weirdly as the other walked closer to him. “Yeah?”

“I've been worried about you. And then you disappeared for the weekend. Is everything okay?”

Sehun decided to ignore the thump in his heart from Jongin’s attention, the thought that Jongin being taken filling his mind. “Yeah I'm fine. I stayed at my brother’s house.” He walked to his side of the room and tossed his bag on the bed, grabbing his backpack and laptop on his mind, “And you shouldn't skip class.”

Jongin looked at him with tight lips, “I wanted to see you.

Sehun stopped moving and gulped hard. Don't Sehun. He shook his head lightly and put his laptop in his bag. “Well, you see me! But your education is more important. You could have seen me during dance-”

“You were out for the last two classes.” Jongin crossed his arms, “I wasn't sure you would be there today.”

Sehun inwardly cursed himself and shrugged outwardly. “I'm going to be there today. Now I have classes to be at, so I'll see you later Jongin.”

Jongin didn't looked pleased by the redhead’s dismissive attitude but kept quiet, “Yeah see you later.”

Sehun smiled at him and walked out the room. When he was a good distance, Sehun deflated. He felt bad treating Jongin like this, but distance helps a person forget their feelings- at least Sehun thought so.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEHUNNIE! <33333333

I updated just for the occasion ^^ Im sorry it took forever to update. I was really focused on getting my Markson chapter out that I had stopped about a quater way into this one and then I kinda just took my very slow time writing this. This one is actually over 3.1K words, my longest chapter I believe so far. UGH why was this so heavily dialogue based?- IDK. It just happened. But I hope you liked it, even though i took forever.

Now just let it be known, while I said Chanyeol will be an important person to Sehun, it doesn't mean there will be side Chanhun in this. They're just gonna have a strong bromance, so icky you would think they are dating but their love (yes they will really love each other) will be as close friends/brothers. Maybe i'll throw in a small tibet of romance but i still dont know yet. But Sekai will be the END pairing!

Thanks for reading! Comment and upvote <3