Five

Fall for You

 

Eunji came into her class with hope that he was there. Fortunately, he was. She smiled to herself, even though she wasn’t really sure why.

The class ended fast. After all the little students left and said their goodbyes, she packed her stuff. Suddenly, Sunggyu came to her desk and drummed it with his fingers. She jerked back; she wasn’t really expecting him after all. (Well, maybe a bit.)

“Are you alright?” he asked her in curiosity. After the incident a couple of days back, she didn’t come to the community center and he heard that she took a ‘medical’ leave. Probably the incident still shook and surprised her. Of course she would. Who knew what could have happen to her, after all.

“I’m alright… a bit.” She replied with a tight smile. Honestly, she still felt guilty. That she was treating him badly over the past few weeks. She avoided his eyes. “Thank you.” She mumbled quietly.

“Oh, sure thing.” Sunggyu replied hesitantly. She looked like as if she wasn’t in the mood to talk. So he decided to stop talking as well. “Well, goodbye then.” He said awkwardly before making his way out of the class.

Why are you so stupid, Eunji? Her thought kept on repeating itself after Sunggyu said those words. Suddenly, she found herself running after him. She didn’t think of that – somehow her feet miraculously did. “Sunggyu!”

Expectedly, he whipped around when he heard his name being called out. He stopped his steps as Eunji made her way over. “Hmm yeah?”

“Sunggyu, I’m sorry. For everything. I was a jerk. I didn’t even thought that you were sincere about bei–”

“Eunji.” he stopped her as he held onto her wrists. He quickly released them though. “It’s fine. Both of our egos are too high that we chose to just, you know, be evil with each other.” He said as he laughed.

She chuckled as well. “Well, why are we this awkward?”

“Probably because… I don’t know.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry as well.”

“So, truce?” her voice hung mid-air. She held her hand, offering a chance that usually kids would do. She gave him a sheepish smile, something that she would usually do when she’s around kids.

He chuckled again. “Alright, truce.” He said as he shook her hand in return. And for once, everything between felt alright, like how it was supposed to.

While walking out from the building together, she returned his jacket to him and walked away from him in the opposite direction.

Eunji was mysterious, and he knew it.

+

“You know, one of these days, I should really focus on improving my vocals and on.” Sunggyu suddenly voiced out while in class. The detention class was coming to an end, so he felt like he should talk more with her. After all, he didn’t really like to ask Teacher Eunji questions in front of the kids.

Eunji laughed sarcastically before making her way over to him. “Okay then, please stand up.”

“Oh – okay then.” He stuttered before standing up according to her orders. Suddenly, she held onto his shoulders, positioning them into a better way. She even corrected the way Sunggyu was standing. He laughed, considering the fact that whatever she was doing was ridiculous. “And how do you suppose that this will help me out?”

She backed out for a moment, crossing her arms before nodding at him. “Sing now.” She ordered him straightforwardly.

So, he began to sing and amazingly, the adjustments that Eunji did actually worked. He was singing a bit better than before, and Sunggyu didn’t use much effort while singing. She smiled to herself but she wasn’t satisfied. So, she went closer to him again. She held his chin before slowly adjusting its position, tilting it in every direction possible. “Comfortable?”

He was surprised that the both of them are really close together. He gulped when she held his chin. “Ye… yeah, I’m fine.” He said as he stared at her eyes. Suddenly, she looked up and met his gaze. They were too close for comfort. “I think that we are too close.”

Eunji backed up hurriedly before gulping again. “Sorry. I think this class is dismissed.” She muttered slowly before packing up her bags and left without saying anything else.

Sunggyu sat down for a moment, rethinking about everything that happened. Sure, Eunji is generally a shy girl but when she is Teacher Eunji, she is really a strict, firm but excellent teacher. And this impressed him so much. She was weird, but she was captivating, in a way that he himself couldn’t comprehend.

He smiled to himself before getting up and soon left the class.

+

“Okay kids – and adult – I’m going out for a while. So, be sure to not make any ruckus, okay?” Eunji reminded her students before excusing herself from the class. Sunggyu made sure that she was out of sight before making his way over to the rest of the kids. After all, there weren’t many kids in the class.

“Hey kids–” Sunggyu spoke to one girl who seemed like she was old enough, and probably sane enough.

The girl snorted at him. “We’re not little kids. I’m 12.”

“Yeah. Basically, we are young teenagers. The oldest among us is actually 14.” Another boy suddenly voiced out.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Okay fine, whatever. May I ask you guys a question?”

The twelve-year-old girl nodded her head without any hesitation.

“Is Teacher Eunji… nice?” he let the last word rolled out from his mouth hesitantly.

The kids shared glances and some laughs, even. “What? Do you like her?”

Sunggyu almost choked in disbelief. He laughed. “You guys are really something.”

The girl smirked before saying, “She’s good enough. You sho–”

“Why are you guys huddled up together?” Eunji suddenly came into the class, confused on why Sunggyu was with the kids. This was unusual. The students quickly went back to their sits and continued on with the lesson, leaving her baffled.

 

“What did you talk about with the kids?” Eunji asked him all of the sudden. The other students had gone back home so they were the only people there.

Sunggyu was surprised to see that she actually cared about what happened. “Did you know that they don’t like to be addressed as kids?” he laughed afterwards.

She sighed as she rolled her eyes at him. “Whatever. Just what did you talk about?”

He gave her a sheepish grin in return. “Secrets among students.” He simply said.

In return, Eunji basically ignored him for the rest of the day but later, she realized that it was nearing the end of the month. And she didn’t make enough evaluation on Sunggyu. She freaked out for a moment before making her way over to him.

“You do know that I have to evaluate you.”

“And?”

“You haven’t properly sung for me, you know.”

“And?”

“Sing for me an actual, whole song. But this time, you have to use all the technics and tips that I’ve thought you before.”

“What if I said no?”

Eunji couldn’t believe her ears. “You’ll be on my blacklist.”

He smirked in return. “Fine. I’ll pick you up at eight.”

“I’m sorry, but… what?” She blinked her eyes in confusion.

He glanced at his wristwatch and then packed his bags before saying, “Wear something appropriate.” He walked out from the class, making her more and more confused with what was going on. But whatever was it, she would have to trust him.

After all, she was his teacher.

 


 

I'll update again soon because it's getting interesting. For me, at least. Haha.