One

Fall for You

 

“Number 25, please come into the audition room now,” the voice on the loudspeaker said, making Sunggyu jumped, surprised. He looked down the pinned number on his shirt.

 It’s his number.

Now, it’s his turn. His chance to be a singer now lies in front of him.

Nervously, he opened the doors to see the judges and a fairly large stage in front of him. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Sunggyu.” he said as he bowed a full 90-degree down at the panel of judges in front of him. He needed to show a good impression of him towards the judges. “I will be singing ‘Lucky’ for you.”

He grabbed the microphone that was given to him and waited for the cue from the judges. After going through some papers, the judges gave the cue. He gripped the microphone hard as he was feeling nervous yet excited.

The music starts, and Sunggyu sang his heart out with his soothing and beautiful voice.

He wanted to be a singer so bad, he is willing to do anything so that he gets to debut. It has been a lifetime dream of his to be a singer.

After he finished singing, he heard some claps coming from the judges. Then, one of them told him, “You have a wonderful voice. But, you went a little off-pitch,” he paused as he saw Sunggyu’s face fell. “Now, why don’t you dance for us?”

Sunggyu looked at him and nodded. “Sure, why not.” A small smirk was formed on his face as the music starts. He started to dance to the beat of the music confidently.

He wasn’t only just a good singer, but he can dance too.

He stopped as the music ended. He wiped his sweaty forehead as he was tired. He felt a sense of satisfaction as the judges clapped their hands for him. One of the judges clasped his hands together to support his chin and looked straight at Sunggyu. “You are talented, Mr. Kim Sunggyu.” He said as Sunggyu beamed at the sudden praise. He was feeling confident again, like his normal self.

After a quick discussion among the judges, the head judge stood up and went to Sunggyu. He took his hand and shook it. “I think you’ll be a great someday... So, why don’t you join us?”

Sunggyu nodded his head excitedly at the unexpected offer. “Of course I would love to.”

 

 

“Why won’t you go for that audition? You’ll be great, you know that.” Bomi said at her best friend, who was going through her notes for the students. “You have a great voice, Eunji.”

Eunji lifted her head to look at Bomi, and then blushed. “No, I’m not.” She paused as she scribbled something on her notes. “I don’t think I’m good enough. Besides, being a vocal trainer is by far good enough for me.” She smiled at Bomi.

Bomi shook her head as Eunji continued checking her notes. She knew Eunji so well. Eunji was amazingly talented, she even knew it herself, but her extreme shyness and humbleness was blocking her way. Deep inside, she knew her best friend does want to be singer.

Bomi held Eunji’s shoulder and looked at her. She gave her an apologetic smile as she said, “I know you so well. I really know that you’ll be a great singer someday… But, it’s your life after all. So, if you insist on being only a vocal trainer, I’ll support you for that.” She paused, and then continued, “Besides, that’s what friends are for, right?”

Eunji looked at her best friend and straightaway pulled her for a tight hug. Bomi’s a great friend. She don’t know what would happen if Bomi isn’t here with her. Suddenly, she smacked Bomi’s shoulder, making her flinch in pain. Eunji laughed.

“Ow! What was that for?” Bomi rubbed her shoulder which was throbbing in pain. Eunji giggled as she rubbed Bomi’s shoulder to help her ease the pain. She didn’t mean to hurt her friend.

“That’s for being mushy all of a sudden. For that, you have to treat me some iced latte.” Eunji said as she packed her notebook and put it in her backpack. She pulled Bomi up and dragged her to the nearest cafe. Bomi followed without any hesitation.

“You’re lucky indeed to have me as your friend, Eunji.” Bomi said to herself, and then smiled.

 

 

“Sunggyu, you’re a great singer. We know that, but we think you should go for vocal training. You know, in this kind of industry, other than looks, you must have incredible talents in order to stay on top. So, after some discussion with others, we want you to go for that.” Mr. Kang spoke to Sunggyu after he finished his singing practice. Sunggyu was surprised.

“Maybe I could improve my vocals on my own for now…” his voice trailed off as he saw his boss stern face looking at him. By the looks of it, he must go for that vocal training class. Sunggyu hesitated at first, contemplating on whether he should go or not. After a while, he half-heartedly agreed.

“Okay fine, I’ll go for that... vocal training class.” Sunggyu said as he bit his lip. Obviously, he didn’t like this.

 

 

Eunji rubbed her eyes and squinted at the bright sunlight that came outside from the window. Then, she looked at her alarm clock beside her bed.

“Oh my, it’s already 9! I’m late!” she said as she jumped out of her bed. She pinched herself for not waking up early today. Quickly, she took a shower and put on some decent clothes and went downstairs. She grabbed her bag and took some sandwiches and went to the bus stop to wait for the bus. As if on cue, the bus arrived at the moment she arrived too. She went inside the bus and ate her sandwiches.

About 15 minutes later, she arrived at the community center. She got down from the bus, but she felt like something not good was going to happen. Ignoring it, she walked fast to her class. As a teacher, she shouldn’t come late for her own class. It’ll be embarrassing for the class if the teacher is late.

“Oh my, I blame myself for watching that drama last night. I’m late. I’m la-” Eunji said to herself as she ran into someone, making her lost her balance and fell down on her bottom. She looked up to see a guy going against her direction. “Ow!” she spoke out loud, motioning the guy to help her get up. But, the guy walked off, leaving her just like that.

She stood up, brushing her pants and shirt. She rolled her eyes at the guy who doesn’t even bother to say ‘sorry’ to her. Her cheeks blushed in embarrassment about what happened to her just now. She was mad. She was angry at that guy. Whoever he was, she hated him.

Then, she stormed off to her class. Luckily, she’s just in time. She opened the doors and went inside. Her eyes wandered around her class. Then, she froze when she saw him there.

No, it couldn’t be him.

 

A/N : Hello there chingus! Ah, I'm so excited for this. I got unexpected support from all of you guys, so I'm so thankful for that. Thank youu! :D Oh, and sorry if it's a boring chapter. I'm introducing them... so yeah. Do give me your support guys! Fighting~