~2~

Hazel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank god it was Saturday.

Kyungsoo wouldn’t think he could handle the situation if he had to face classes AND his rotten luck at the same time.

Stressfully searching through the web in his room, he tries to ignore the chaos in the living room echoing behind him as a boy tumbles haphazardly through the space.

A CAT BOY.

He’s terrified.

Last night he came home to a boy with weird furry triangles for ears that claims to be the kitten that he had adored over the past half year. The teenage boy rambled on in his weird way of talking, screeching Kyungsoo’s name over and over again, saying that his name is Jongin and pleading him not to leave him alone by ditching him outside. Kyungsoo gave in, due to the soulful hazel eyes and mere thought of throwing a helpless teenage boy outside in the cold streets.

“CLANG!” “Meow?”

Kyungsoo grimaced. What was broken now he wondered? After only a few hours after Jongin the cat boy arrived at his house that he broke a plate and two cups already.

“Cat boys… shape shifters… mutants…” Kyungsoo mumbled as he went through all his search results without getting an answer he wanted. Nothing. Nothing on special species of a cross between a human and a cat, and nothing on possible hybrids of doing so, not even alien sightings that matched. Only loads and loads of scientific stuff, sci-fi films and of course on weird kinks.

Then he heard scratching on his room door. It must be Jongin.

“J… Jongin? Uh… can’t you just open the door?” Kyungsoo fumbled to stand up from his desk and opened the door by the knob. There was no one? Then he looked down.

Jongin was a hazel-eyed kitten again.

So he wasn’t lying. Kyungsoo sighed, looking at a confused Jongin, and decided to pick him up. Holding the silver kitten in his arms, he pondered whether to call him Hazel or Jongin from henceforth.

Maybe he’ll settle with Jongin, if that’s what the cat boy wants.

The silver kitten shifts uneasily in Kyungsoo’s arms, seemingly distressed by the frequent changing of form. Kyungsoo sighed and pats Jongin on the back with soothing intentions, seating himself back at his desk.

“What should I do…?” Staring at his laptop, he wasn’t surprised by the lack of information on cat hybrids, because if there were experiments like so, it wouldn’t have made it out into the open.

So, how did Jongin happen to show up?

Shaking his thoughts away, he watched amusingly as Jongin the mischievous kitten stood up from Kyungsoo’s embrace and hopped onto the table, circling the laptop then proceeded to sit on the keypad.

There is one place he could think of to ask for information, but he was afraid Jongin would shift before or even during the visit. That wasn’t the only reason though.

Kyungsoo blushes when the cute guy behind the counter comes into mind.

“Okay Jongin, Kyungsoo is gonna take you outside, promise you won’t shift okay?” Kyungsoo spoke to the wide-eyed kitten, which replied with a feline huff, showing that it would give no guarantees.

Using the same method, Kyungsoo tried avoiding suspicion from his neighbours and security by keeping Jongin secure in his large backpack. The destination was a small pet shop opened near Kyungsoo’s college, one that he stumbled upon last year and couldn’t stop visiting.

Well the pets there are cute. The pets. Yeah.

The tinkle of the sound of a bell signifies Kyungsoo’s entrance into the shop, and with a pounding heart he steps into the warm space.

“Welcome to Unicorn’s Healing Pet Shop~” A voice at the back of the shop sounded, and Kyungsoo’s blush deepened.

The brown-haired owner of the place walked to the counter, wearing his signature low cut tank top with a hoodie and long jeans, not to mention the heart-warming smile that melts Kyungsoo every time they meet.

“Hey Kyungsoo I haven’t seen you lately,”

“Hi, Yixing,” Kyungsoo smiled back, cursing inwardly at himself for breaking his voice like a teenager.

He had an ongoing crush on the cute pet shop owner. Maybe it’s just a nagging attraction for cute guys who pamper animals. Maybe.

“So what brings you here?” Yixing asked, seating himself on the tall swivelling stool behind the counter.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat nervously and finally remembered why he was there in the first place.

“There’s this kitten I want you to take a look at…” Kyungsoo puts down the backpack and s it, letting Jongin step out onto the counter.

The curious kitty came out from the bag, happy to finally breathe some fresh air and proceeded to stare at Yixing with its large hazel coloured eyes.

“Aren’t you a beauty~” Yixing cooed, petting the silver kitten. “I didn’t know you had a kitten.”

“O… oh,” Kyungsoo snapped out of his admiration of the man, realizing he was being talked to and answered, “uh it was a stray, found it on the streets.” He added, “Its name is Hazel.”

“Hazel huh?” Yixing made the kitten sit and examined the cat, fur, ears and paws, “it’s strange for you to find it on the streets though, it’s a very rare breed, not one that appears in this area often. You should maybe ask around if anyone lost it, or maybe it escaped from a pet shop.”

Kyungsoo was having an internal argument with himself whether to tell Yixing the truth. The fact that Hazel there is also Jongin, the annoying cat-boy who appeared in Kyungsoo’s house mysteriously by who-knows-what methods.

“Other than that, Hazel here is perfectly healthy. This breed usually has an active personality, as people would say ‘a dog substitute’,” Yixing told Kyungsoo, examining Jongin’s jaw at the same time for cavities, “you will also notice its obsession with water, ranging from being fascinated at water dripping to full out multiple baths a day, it depends.”

Kyungsoo inwardly sighed at how attractive a man can be, so kind-hearted and intelligent at the same time.

“Ow!” A wince from Yixing shocked Kyungsoo out from his reverie.

Out of the blue, Jongin bit Yixing when he was examining its jaw.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry I didn’t know…” Kyungsoo was surprised, as it was the first time Jongin showed aggression. He frowned at Jongin, but the kitten looked as if it was guilty but unapologetic at the same time.

“It’s alright, animals do that sometimes,” Yixing laughed softly, washing his hands in the sink attached to the counter, “though I did not know what triggered the bite, I suggest you to look out for possible triggers in the future.”

Kyungsoo stood there smiling apologetically towards Yixing, then glared at Jongin.

Jongin replied with a smug look on its face, saying wordlessly that “he deserved that bite”. That statement confused Kyungsoo even more. Yixing did nothing other than making sure it was healthy, what did he do to make himself get bitten?

“Well seeing that health isn’t a problem, now for your supplies.” Yixing beamed at him and Kyungsoo felt his wallet getting lighter already.

Reaching home, Kyungsoo sighs looking at all the purchases he had made in the pet shop, then looked at Jongin, curiously sniffing at the weird objects lin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter