~5~

Hazel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“.”

Kyungsoo pried open his eyes to warm sunlight streaming in from the gaps between the curtains, and realized in one painful second that he is ed.

He’s late for class.

It’s not like he’s a good student or anything, but finals are coming up and Mr. Bang is not a lecturer to be messed with. He’s not nicknamed “Hitman Bang” for nothing, shooting students’ grades down with deadly accuracy whenever they showed any sign of incompetency.

Hurrying to throw on something decent, Kyungsoo grabs some bread and fled out the front door. He isn’t in a position to worry about security at that point. Not that a poor college student like him has anything valuable in particular to rob in the first place.

Jongin had long awoken, peering amusedly at Kyungsoo from the foot of his bed while said owner was still fast asleep way past his scheduled wake up time. He has a plan for the day, and Kyungsoo had made it even easier for everything to go smoothly.

As Kyungsoo tore out the apartment in a flash, Jongin sneakily places Kyungsoo’s glasses case between the door and the door frame, so that the door is not able to shut properly. Jongin is expecting a guest.

After a few hours of lazing around, Jongin’s ears perk up as he senses his guest approaching. Short mewls were heard around the corner of the main corridor and Jongin jumps out from his cardboard box and pads toward the apartment door.

A young black Persian, with dual-coloured eyes – one yellow one blue.

“Sehun!!” Jongin exclaims excitedly, in a voice that only the two of them can hear and understand.

As soon as Sehun slips in gracefully through the gap, Jongin tackles him to the ground immediately in excitement.

They were both still in their cat forms, sleek and beautiful. They found out through their many experiments together that they could communicate wordlessly when they were both morphed.

After a few ticklish , Sehun laughs and paws away Jongin, sitting upright. He surveys the small apartment and his expression turns into a disdainful snarl.

Jongin doesn't need to hear him to know Sehun is still his sassy self, judging the place. Jongin rolls his eyes and leads the way to his precious cardboard box, his collar ringing pleasantly.

Sehun follows Jongin as they slip into the fragrant, warm box. Sehun sniffs around and then sniffs Jongin as well. After grooming themselves, they settled into a comfortable kitty heap side by side.

“So, Kyungsoo huh?” Sehun started, blinking his enormous glinting eyes slowly.

Jongin’s fur bristles in surprise, “How did you know his name?”

“Luhan hyung brought me to meet him once,” Sehun’s snout twitched in amusement. “Quite a cute guy he is, actually asked Luhan hyung who I was.”

“Yeah. Yeah Kyungsoo hyung is cute,” Jongin Sehun’s ear in glee, “so what did Luhan hyung answer?”

“He said I was his brother,” Sehun tipped his head back to meow out an audible laugh, “and Kyungsoo actually believed it!”

“What does Luhan hyung look like?” Jongin tilted his head to one side, trying to imagine the man’s physical appearance.

“Hyung actually does look like me. Because he’s good looking.” Sehun said with a straight face, fluttering his eyelashes for added effect.

Jongin feigned a face as if he was coughing up a hair ball. Sehun laughs. Then they sat there in a brief moment of silence.

“I never thought I would have made it out there alive.” Sehun started, breaking the fragile air of stillness.

Jongin freezes, an unpleasant shock coursing through his body at the memory although he had known that Sehun would bring up the topic.

He wouldn’t blame him though, because it wasn’t an experience to be forgotten.

“Well we did. We survived.” Jongin said, maybe more to convince himself.

“I wonder what we’ll become if we didn’t escape,” Sehun sighed, holding up his paws within his line of sight. “But then, we have already become.”

“Hey things aren’t that bad,” Jongin lightly rests his tail on top of his friend’s torso, hoping to lighten up the mood, “at least we got people who are kind enough to take care of us now.”

“I wonder if the white people are coming after us.” Apparently Sehun wasn’t in the least cheered up by Jongin’s attempt. He lowers his head onto his crossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter