Neo

Only U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon loves rock songs, but Leo prefers ballads. Where they both meet at a music show and it's disgust at first sight.

Hakyeon rocks his guitar and voice simultaneously, drowning the deafening roars of the crowds as heavy metal blasts through the speakers. He basks in the glory of his music. I mean, who wouldn't like rock music?

Well, apparently not Leo.

He appears onstage next, immediately calming the fans down with his stoic face alone. A soothing piano tune drifts onto the stage, Leo himself letting the music surround him. He starts off by singing gently, a huge contrast between the previous stage. As he delves deeper into the lyrics, he wonders how people like that rock singer. What was his name again?

Oh right, Hakyeon.

How that man managed to sound like a howling wolf still baffled Leo. 

I mean, who would like him with that kind of music?

Well, apparently everyone. Except for Leo.

The two singers were very well received in the music industry, both singing two very different genres of music yet gaining the respect and love of everyone. It was the first time that they would be singing on the same music show.

However, neither of them was looking forward to meet the other.

As Leo finished his performance to a standing ovation, he made his way down the stage. 

And then he locked eyes with the one and only, Hakyeon.

He curtly bowed his head at the rock singer before stalking off to his own staff, not even bothering to wait for Hakyeon to return the gesture. The two singers were both born in the same year, with Hakyeon born just months earlier than Leo.

But based on Hakyeon's interviews, Leo could see that Hakyeon was much more childish and dorky than himself. Another reason for Leo to dislike Hakyeon. 

Not that Leo actually watched Hakyeon's interviews. I mean, why would the singer be bothered with his rival? Right? Right?

It was only after the music show had ended that the two singers were forced to meet each other. The director had an idea (a very stupid one, in Hakyeon's opinion), for all the singers to come together to bond with each other. Bonding was also a very stupid idea, in Hakyeon's opinion.

It was the last straw when the director led him to meet Leo, "the famous ballad singer", as quoted. Oh, how Hakyeon wished to smack that smirk off Leo's face. Mind you, he was also a "famous rock singer", quoted by yours truly.

He was silently cursing the director for making him spend half the time talking to Leo, which was in fact like talking to a wall. 

But Lady Luck was on his side, for when the director left him with Leo, he took the golden opportunity to escape from the other singer.

Only to be stopped by a firm grip on his arm.

He whipped his head back to see Leo's manager in front of him. 

"Hakyeon-sshi, your manager asked me to bring you back home since he can't come in time. Please, come sit in Leo's van and we will make sure to drop you off safely." 

Hakyeon gritted his teeth as he bowed and followed Leo's manager to the van. He was silently cursing his manager now for making him sit together with this man. Not to mention that his house was an hour away.

But it was Leo's manager who suffered the most on the journey, constantly worrying about the two singers exchanging death glares. Unfortunately, he was also subject to the glares when he tried to ease the tension. Soon after, he gave up altogether and just hoped that the ride would end soon.

Hakyeon hurried out of the car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter