↬ the school near Myeongdong

Seventeen's Hair Studio
onethe school near Myeongdong
┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉

Freshman Li Yan Lang heard that she was enrolling at Hwangrim High School the moment the aeroplane she was on touched down. Now she wished she never ever answered her phone. She sighed for the umpteenth time and knocked the issue of 'school' out of her head completely. At 16 years of age, she felt that school was definitely a drag and it existed just to kill everyone in it. Or give them terrible extreme headaches. Which was what she was experiencing at the moment due to the slight jet lag and the fact that it was 3 hours past midnight and still, information about school was still passed on to her. How gracious was society.

"Mom, I love you. I'm hanging up. See you at the house tomorrow." Yan Lang commented in chinese drily and her mom could do nothing but give an amused snort through the phone line, saying bye to her daughter as well. Yan Lang thought she was probably low on sugar. What was she suppose to do now? Oh right, she was still in the airport. Darn it. She cursed under her breath and grumbled. The trouble wasn't worth it at all. It was so tedious just to get to one place to another, staying at home was a good and better option. Absentmindedly, she did whatever she did whenever she went to another country, grab her passport, wait for the queue to subside, join it, and let the person secure your entry. Sooner or later, she was right outside Seoul's airport terminal and surprised that it was chillier than she thought. Rubbing her arms together for warmth, she quickly hailed a taxi and took a quick ride to the house that was newly bought one month ago situated in Myeongdong.

Yan Lang twisted her keys and pushed the door slightly, the lights automatically switching on due to her arrival. The apartment was not small, yet not uncomfortably huge. She guess she likes it. After all, it is her home now anyways. Her parents are living in another rented apartment, but that rental will end soon enough when they need to go overseas for a few months for business trips yet again. When they come back, they would always have a home to return to, their child's. The only reason why she moved from her hometown in China to this place would be the fact that her parents' company was reallocating to Korea permanently and that Korea will be a more frequent place that her parents would be at. If not, there was absolutely no difference to her living alone. Yan Lang mused at the thought but discarded it soon enough for some well deserved sleep. She made sure the door was locked and threw herself on the sofa. Not bothering to change out, she fell asleep on the sofa.

.
.


"Thank you, god, for letting me wake up late and going to school late." She counted her prayers as she finally finished prepping up herself and was time to head to school. She locked the doors behind her as she walked casually and slowly as possible. There was a bunch of excuses anyways. My plane touched ground at 3am. I had jetlag. Sorry. I won't do it again. The reason why she was forced to attend it today and was compulsory to attend it was because it was the first day of school and then, she would get a chance to introduce herself and make some friends(her mom was totally stubborn about this) or maybe not make herself stand out so much for being from China slash a transferee(her dad's view). In all her vain efforts to reach the school ground late, her navigation skills decided to work there and then. Usually, they . After a quick 10 minutes walk, she arrived at Hwangrim High and all its glory on the dot. Juniors were seen(and forced, she noted) to bring freshman around the compound to the main hall. As soon as she stepped in, she was greeted with a bright smile(too bright to be honest) from a excited looking guy. The side of his blazer read 'Lee Seokmin'.

"Hello! I'm Lee Seokmin. Here to guide you to the next location. What's your name? We better hurry, because it's getting late." He rattled off. Yan Lang sweatdropped as she just took another awkward glance at him. One thing, he spoke too fast, she couldn't really quite catch what he said(because she only learnt it for 1 year). Two, he was too chattery and enthusiatic for her. She tended to stray from this kind of people well because they seem to have a never-ending source of power and instead, it was her that felt more drained and tired.

He seemed to have sense her fatigue because he turned to look at her worriedly. "What's wrong? Are you sick? Does it hurt? Do you need to go to the sickbay?!" He was acting a little more angsty than before, which was creating a headache for her. "No. I'm fine. Thank you." She replied out of courtesy. "Oh you scared me! Anyways, freshman, what's your name?" He made conversation as they walked towards someplace.

"Li Yan Lang." She replied monotonously. 

"That is a pretty name. Wait," He stared at her in amazement, "YOU AREN'T KOREAN!" His eyes brightened considerably and mouth went agape. He took hold of her hands and shook them vigorously, "NICE TO MEET YOU. Wait. I got this. Minghao definitely taught me this. Ni hao."

She couldn't help but snort. "Annyeong." They finally reached the main hall and she used that as a parting greeting, leaving Seokmin and his excited thoughts and actions to himself. She found herself sitting on one of the empty seats near the back and looking up to the front stage with a strange man and his speech. After a while, he cleared his throat and introduced a student. "Let's all have a good year at Hwangrim High. Now, this boy is Lee Jihoon, president of the student council, he will make sure that you have a wonderful year ahead." 

Lee Jihoon smiled at the principal and bowed towards the audience. "Thank you. Hello. I'm Lee Jihoon, President of the Student Council. Please come to me if you got any queries. I will be glad to answer them," He smiled. Everyone began to whisper and talk around. 

"That guy is so cute! He's so huggable! Uwah, Jihoon-sunbae!" Yan Lang heard the girls in front her of squeaked. She chuckled. Yep, he sure is cute and short. But that smile on his face? Wow, scary. Jihoon had a terrifying smile(?) on his face as if saying, 'I'm going to conquer this groups of youngsters. They better watch out.' Of course, that was oblivious to the teachers and students infatuated with him.

After 1 minute or so, everyone was sent back to class. Yan Lang had retrieved her class and book list when she passed by the office with Seokmin just now. If she didn't forget, she was in class 1-7. There was a white laminated note that was held above everyone's head and she noticed it, '1-7', was written on it. She grabbed her bag and headed to the sign. She was one of the few that was forming the line, while others seemed to have already form groups and were chattering away. 

Yan Lang looked around and found herself staring into a pair of familiar eyes. Oh no. Lee Seokmin was currently in the process of creating an excited beam on his face. Don't talk to me. Please don't. She said empty prayers in her head as she gave a consolation eye-smile to him. "I can't believe you are in 1-7! I was in 1-7 last year! This must be such a fateful coincidence. Wait, MINGHAO. Minghao!" He tapped the shoulders of the one to his right. The guy known as Minghao immediately raised his head and looked at him inqusitively. If one should describe Minghao, it was definitely innocent. Yan Lang sighed innerly. And this type of people always make me feel guilty for lying. 

Seokmin introduced the pair to each other. "This is Minghao, he's Chinese too! If you got any difficulties, feel free to come find him or me at class 2-7!" They smiled, especially Minghao's smile, were hope-filled. 

It took all her effort not to reject them flat out. Minghao. You better count your blessings. When I'm immune enough to your innocence, I'm rejecting your every single offer if you ever disturb me. Yan Lang sighed in resolution. She managed a souless smile,
"...Thanks."
 

   ┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉e.g.

`author's notes!
 
hey guys, i have been wanting to write seventeen's fics since they debuted and tadah. all thanks to mingyu's weirdness and him being a makeshift hairstylist for everyone in some video and the fact that yoon jeonghan has more perfect hair then any of us. (seriously, any tips) yup. that. so, they would all be pretty good hairstylers i would say ;) 

please read on. 


"Mom, I love you. I'm hanging up."  Words in this colour are said in chinese.

the rest are in pretty much korean so u don't have to worry about it. unless junhui and the8 starts spamming her with chinese, the passage won't be that green :) don't worry if you don't like green LOL.