Chapter II

Hate you......

 

I'm back! Yay! Thanks all those who waited.(Hope some did). Finally got time for writing.

I would also like to apologize for such a late update. Even though it's summer vacation and  I said i'd like to update every week. I couldnt. Just Problems after problems. First my computer (oh and that got fixed), then I got a work (got a job to help tutor little kids from k-6th grade) and my relative came to visit. I had to take care of my baby twin cousins (double the trouble, right?). I had to care for my relatives and the babies for a whole week. Now that they left, I have the time to go back into writing this story. To be honest. I wrote half of this chapter a long time ago on my notepad for my fanfic, but either got lazy or had no time to type it up or finish it. Now its done! I will force myself to write and update in at most a week or if necessary two. So heres a long chapter to enjoy.....

song of this chapter: Just Right by Got7. Love this new song.

 


 

Soohyun pov

 

I stared at him and tried to understand these weird feelings. When nothing came, I shook them off. That's when our eyes met. He stared at me intensely showing a sign of interest. Just a bit. That made me stop my breath. When he looked away to sit in his seat at the last row next to the window, I finally caught my lost breath again.

"Late~. Jeon Jungkook. Late as always." Mr.Kim stared at the roster and marked something.the boy didnt even react to the teacher. The teach then look towards me "New transferee, your seat will be that one at the window." He pointed to the empty seat right in front of the boy's. I turned to look at the teach with a surprised expression then turn back to the seat. I blinked twice and walk up to the seat. This time the boy didn't even look up but stared out the window. I sat down and hung my bag on the side of the desk.

Then Mr.Kim went on with homeroom, talking about school events and things we had to complete. I noticed weird glances from the rest of the class towards the boy and I and they shared whispers to each other. What? When homeroom ended, we were dismissed to our first class. I observed the papers I received from the lady at the main office, reading over my classes. First class was Biology.

"Hmmm...wow....that's my class too." A sudden voice from behind said. I spun around in shock. A girl with long straight hair peered over my shoulders as she read my paper. She looked up and we made eye contact. I raised a brow in confusion. Who...." You're Baek Soohyun, aren't you?" She smiled

"Yeah. You are?"

"Lee Eunshin. I'm also in your other classes." She pointed to the paper. "Most of them. We are in the same homeroom too."

"I see."

"I like your name, by the way"

"Thanks?"

"Your welcome"

Then a short flow of silence filled in between us. What an awkward moment. I soon broke the momentary silence as I had a new idea.

"Since we're in the same class, mind showing me there?" I asked

"Nope. I don't mind at all. Here, this way. Follow me". I smiled and followed her. She seems nice.

It took us a while just to walk to class. It was after all a huge campus. On the way Eunshin talk about different things, such as popular gossips in school, people to avoid and so on. When we arrived, she went straight to her seat and I went up to the teacher. Once again I was forced to introduce myself. I dreaded at the idea of me having to stand in front of the class and introduce myself the whole day. My tummy knotted up so I shook off that idea. And so I did my simple intro and was assigned a seat. What made me freeze was that I was to sit a seat away from the window and this time next to the same boy that made me feel sick earlier. I approached the seat and unconsciously shook my head, meeting eyes with a judging face. I frowned back. I don't like his look. It makes me look stupid. I decided to ignore it (well it is my fault for being weird for randomly shaking my head but no way in hell was I going to admit that) and took my seat. Murmurs filled the room but they mixed together making them uninterpretable, so I chose to ignore it. I took a short glance at the boy and spotted him staring out the window again. He sure loves to do that. My train of nonsensical thought was cut off by the teacher
"Guys, turn to page 78 in the textbook. Baek Soohyun-ssi you can share a book with the person sitting next to you"

I nodded and she proceeded. I instinctively turned to the boy and stared. He continued to observe something outside, not even bothering to obey the teacher's instructions. I cleared my throat to grab his attention but he seemingly didn't hear. Is he ignoring me? I made another attempt, this time with words. "Ahem! E-excuse me...." I awkwardly began. "I don't have a book yet so can we-"

"No" his voice cut me off.

Huh? "Um....what?"

"No" he rudely clarified and gave a glare then turned right back again. I felt blood rush up in anger. This little.....I gritted my teeth.

"Hmph. Not like I'd want to share with a brat like you" I muttered under my breath, not intending anyone to hear. I changed to ask the other guy next to me.

One thing I learned for sure about this bastard, that is he and I are definitely not gonna get along.


 

I've learned that school's class schedule was similar to the set up in colleges. Two 65 min classes in the morning, then 65 min of lunch, after that is 65 min elective, and finally two more 65 min classes. Homeroom is 15 min each, while classes switch from A-day to B-day, each day with different classes.

I also learned of a bad news. The rude brat was my neighbor in my second period class as well. Luckily he slept all throughout class and haven't had the chance to raise my blood pressures again. It was finally lunch time and I walked to the lunch room with Eunshin. As we started to near the lunch room (according to her) she told me the rest of the way to the destination and persuaded me to go ahead before her, as she was going somewhere. I nodded and she ran off. I slowly wandered towards the direction I was instructed to go.

The lunch room was located in a separate building from that I had my classes in. It had a short building of its own. I walked down the hallway connecting the two buildings. I inspected the scenery outside the window when I heard footsteps running towards me around the corner. I looked to see the approaching figure but before I could make him (yes guessing from the voice and body build) out we crashed onto each other. I landed right on my bottom and even worse, we bumped each others head real hard.

"AH!" We yelled in unision. I opened my closed eyes to make out a black haired haired boy with adorable squishy looking cheeks rubbing his forehead and pouting, who winced and stared at the floor. He suddenly looked up and our eyes met. His pretty, round eyes stared into mine. Unconsciously I lost my breath. We continued to gaze into one another's eyes in silence until we both (I think) realized.....we were so close. I felt his warm, sweet breath from his plump soft (what am I thinking!?! I've lost my mind...) lips. I immediately faced away and so did he, towards the opposite way. I felt myself blush at the intimidating closeness. He gave some awkward fake coughs to lighten the atmosphere. I turned back after scooting away a bit until the distance between us was comfortable. I found him staring back.

"Umm....." He started first. "Sorry. For running into you. If I wasn't staring at my phone"

"No. Its okay. I'm fine so...." Then silence as he stared at me intently.

"I haven't seen you around here. You new?"

"Yeah. Just transferred today"

"I see. No wonder. Even though i'm just a freshie, I know and have many connections around this school."

"Haa......" How was I supposed to respond? He suddenly stood up and reached out to help me up too. I gladly took it.

"Thanks"

"No problem" he displayed a perfect eye smile and we let go. "Ah! Do you know the way to lunch? Want me to guide you?"

He's nice...."i think I'll be fine" i said anyways and I met his eyes, which told me it wanted otherwise (or is it just me?) So I added "but just in case....."

He snapped his finger joyfully. "'Kay! Let's go! This way" he pointed excitedly to the direction eunshin instructed me to go down. I know though , I thought to myself. Wait. Why was he in such a rush earlier than if he has the time to help guide me and wasn't he running down the other way? I remembered. Whatever and I shrugged it off.

"You're a freshman right?" he asked out of the blue.

"Yeah..."

"I knew it! Hope we have many classes together.I feel like we'd get along" He gave another cute eye smile making his nice eyes disappear.

I giggled "me too" strange but I felt that way too.

We began to do a get to know each other session. Like the basic things: name, hobbies, and random things (most of the content in this conversation). What I learned was: his name is Park Jimin. A freshman like me, he likes sports and loves to dance, and he also talked about how he knew lots of people in school. He then mentioned how he clumsy embarrassed himself by sleeping in class and woke up to unintentionally and unknowingly insult the teacher, yet have no clue as to what ticked the old man off. I laughed at the story and the clueless expression he made. Apparently he laughed at my laugh. Was I supposed to be offended? But I wasn't. Before I can respond, a phone rang as it just received a message. We stopped in our tracks and I stared as he pulled out his phone from his pocket. He read the message and muttered a "" under his breath. Then he looked up with an apologetic look written all over his face.

"Sorry! I forgot I had to meet up with someone at the basketball court. I'm sorry--really--but you'll have to be on your own for a while." So that's why he was running before. But how'd he forget his plans so easily? I thought "I'll pick you up later." He winked.

"Pick me up? What am I, a baby?" I frowned, not particularly mad or anything. Just confused.

"Sure. I'll bring my buddy to meet you and then take you to elective in case you get lost" he teased

"I'm not a baby"

"Okay. If you say so."

Unsatisfied with his sarcastic answer, I mocked "You seem more like a cute baby than me, Park Jimin" I smirked. Atta girl! There you go! I mentally cheered. Maybe just a bit that I was always the competitive type.

His smile turned upside down to a pout, in fact that just made him look more like one "Am not." Came his protest "I'm a y manly man" I let out a laugh "but I am cute" he smiled at the one thing he agreed with in my statement. He immediately gave a failed aegyo that made me laugh harder causing my poor stomach to hurt.

"You're quite conceited, huh. Are you too full of yourself?" I managed to say

He shook his head in denial "Just stating some undeniable facts"

"Sure" I rolled my eyes. I looked down at his phone held in his hand. "So? Isn't he waiting?" As I pointed to the phone. He looked at it and did an "ah!" As realization hit him. Can someone be more forgetful?

"Right!" He exclaimed "He's gonna kill me. Gotta go. See ya, Soohyun!" He waved and ran down the way we just came from. I pouted at the lost of the fun company. I let out a sigh. We're right outside of the lunchroom too...I pushed the door opened and entered.


 

"Bulgogi bibimbap, huh?" A voice inspected. I looked up as I was stuffing the food into my mouth. "Nice choice. Now give me some" eunshin had a tray of her own and took the seat across from me. Behind her was another really pretty and mature looking girl. She took the seat next to eunshin.

"You're soohyun right? Baek soohyun. Eunshin wanted me to meet you." She smiled while Eunshin took a spoonful of my bibimbap.

"Yeah" I smacked her hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Me too. And your name....?"

"Kang Hyomin"

"Hyomin-ssi." Ugh. Why are all introductions and first meetings so awkward and a pain in the ? How do you even do them? Well mom did say i'm socially awkward sometimes and I should really interact with humans more, but it doesn't get any easier, does it? But it was fine with jimin. Kind of.

"Yes?" She said with a mature tone. Oh no...what's next. I just said her name so I can kind of continue on the conversation but what's next?

"Uhhhh" I looked around for inspiration for something so easy (?) Stupid (?) "Ummm....." ah! I mentally shouted. Eureka! "Are-are you a freshman?" Ugh. I wanna smack myself. Was that the best I can get? Darn Baek Soohyun! Was that the only thing you can steal from Park Jimin?

"Yes. I am. Eunshin said we'll be having some classes together after electives. Glad to have someone else to talk to in class" she gave a nice feminine giggle. Phew. That was nice. At least she was nice to not laugh at my stupidity. You got this soohyun. Go for it. Oh and a thanks to Park Jimin and his random question.

"Yeah." I awkwardly laughed.

"Hey!" Eunshin said with full.

"Swallow first, child. It's disgusting" I instructed and she did.

Then she continued "Have you heard that Jung Hoseok has gotten a new girlfriend?" Gossip huh. Maybe I can get to know this school a bit. I kept a note of that.

"Oh. Who is it this time?" Hyomin asked. Didn't expect an mature person to like gossips.

"Youngji, apparently"

"Well she did approach him a lot."

"Yeah. But didn't that player start dating a senior just last week. He didnt even go to school afterwards"

"Well he is the most well known womanizer"

Oh. Note: jung hoseok (whoever he is) womanizer. A bastard you don't want to approach.

"A as well!" Eunshin added

Note: a as well

I took a bite of my food and eunshin stole another scoop too. "Bruh." I called watching her chew my precious food. She smiled and showed me the food in .  I cringed. "Ew. Stop. That and stealing my food. You got your own bread."

"But bibimbap tastes better" she explained, not earning any of my understanding.  I focused back on my own food and took a bite. Hyomin laughed and drank her coffee "Oh! And Jeon Jungkook is back"

I stopped stuffing myself and looked up to hyomin coughing on her drink. Eunshin gave her pats on her back

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah" she choked between coughs. She took another sip and the coughing stopped.

"Anyways" Eunshin continued. This girl loves to gossip huh. Though she doesn't seem to have any bad wits. "Apparently, Seungyon is to going confess to him. She prepared her own made chocolate cake. I believe it took her so much effort to bake it and she even burned herself making it. I hope she gets accepted"

Hyomin's face knotted uncomfortably "But he's known to be a person of a one night stand. He's never accepted a confession and hardly approaches girls unless it's for benefits" Huh? That rude bastard? One night stands? Benefits? What? I thought of the guy who sat next to me for my classes earlier. So he's that kind of guy. Wait no. Rumors are rumors. Right? Oddly I didn't want to believe it. Maybe it was something in his eyes. Something that bothered me. But I wasn't sure so I shook that off too. "Maybe she should give up" Hyomin's voice entered my ears again.

"Why? Should at least try. She's cute and pretty and all" Eunshin argued.

Hyomin didn't seem too pleased and took another sip of her espresso. The mood suddenly turned glum and I tried to find ways to lighten it. Eunshin, however, was a step ahead of me. "So. What's your elective, Soohyun?" That kind of caught me off guard.

"Music (A/N: stuck between art/music and my friend picked it and she asked for payment for the help. Psst. Gave her money emojis. Also if anyone prefers something else than I can change it.)"

"Oh...." and awkward silence. Why?

"Whats yours?" Again attempting to improve things.

"News. We write the school newspaper. We update people about school news, events, and other entertainments."

"Oh. Thats cool. Kind of fits you" It really does (if you know what I mean). "What about you, hyomin?"

"Fashion"

"Woah. Nice" it fits her too.

"Well lunch is almost over. Hurry up and eat. Then we can show you to your elective" Hyomin said. I nodded.

I looked down at my bowl of bibimbap and saw about half of it was mysteriously gone. Of course I knew the exact culprit who did it. " LEE EUNSHIN! GIVE ME BACK MY BIBIMBAP!"

With full, she replied "If you want me to give you my vomit"

 

 



Phew. What a long lunch. A really long and enjoyable walk to lunch. Then a lunch full of gossips (oh and bibimbap). And soohyun makes new friends. Yay! Friends! Then some tiny dislike develops between Jungkook and Soohyun (well mostly one sided but...). It seems so long but it's only been the first half of the school day. phew. Finally Cute Chim Chim enters in the story and so does my other ocs. Well hope you lovely readers all liked it. Thanks readers, subscribers, and commentators. Please subscribe, comment, or even upvote if you like, but most of all like the story (Not if it's crappy of course). Thanks guys and Peace out.