Bring the Boys Out

A Slip of the Tongue

At 9:55, someone pounded on her door.  "C'mon, Taeyeon, we're here!  You can't back out on us now!"  Tiffany yelled through the closed door, loud enough for the entire floor to hear.  She was always punctual, Taeyeon had to give her that much.

 

Taeyeon briefly considered informing them that she was really sorry, but she was having really bad cramps, so she really ought to stay home, and you guys understand, right?  No, she told herself.  You are going to this club, you are going to drink and dance and be social and have a good time, god dammit.  You are going to be a normal 22 year old for once in your life.

 

Taking a deep breath and steeling her nerves, she opened the door.

 

The chorus of squeals that met her entrance threatened to burst her eardrums.  When Sunny started whistling and cat-calling, Taeyeon turned to retreat back into her room.  Someone grabbed her arm and spun her around.  It was Tiffany.  Why did she always have to be so handsy?

 

Taeyeon focused very intently at a spot one inch above Tiffany's right ear.  Not that it mattered; she could feel Tiffany looking her up and down.  Under her scrutiny, Taeyeon suddenly felt extremely nervous.  It didn't help that Tiffany was wearing a gloriously tight bodycon dress that showed off approximately a mile of her cleavage.  Taeyeon played with the hem of her skirt, unsure what to do with her hands.

 

Tiffany's face broke into the biggest smile Taeyeon had ever seen.  "Oh my god, you look great!" she said, clapping her hands.  She gave Taeyeon a nudge with her elbow and winked.  "You won't be able to keep the boys off you!"

 

Sunny and Sooyoung were doing a miserable job hiding their snickers behind Tiffany's back.  "Don’t worry, we'll keep those bad boys away from you," reassured Sooyoung, nodding sagely.

 

Taeyeon wished very fervently that she would just melt into the floor.