Just a Kiss

A Slip of the Tongue

"It was just a kiss!"

 

"It was not just a kiss and you know it."  Sooyoung crossed her arms and stared down at Tiffany with what she hoped was a "girl, you in trouble now" look.

 

Tiffany scoffed, gesticulating wildly, as though she could grab the right words out of the air.  "Don't give me that.  You've totally kissed girls before when you were drunk."  Bam.  She had her now.

 

"Yeah, once.  On the cheek.  And it was Sunny!"  Sooyoung wasn't about to let her change the subject.  Besides, everyone had kissed Sunny, so that clearly didn't count.  "You, on the other hand, were going to town on that girl.  There was tongue.  I saw it."

 

Tiffany threw her hands up in resignation.  "Okay, so we made out.  Fine, whatever.  Why are you so upset about it?"

 

"Um, no.  I'm not the one who's upset.  While you were off getting your mack on, Taeyeon looked like she was either going to piss herself or start crying."  Sooyoung pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows pointedly.

 

Tiffany froze, mouth open.  "What?  Taeyeon?  But she seemed just fine on the way home!"

 

Sooyoung shook her head and rolled her eyes so hard she thought she might get a headache.  Tiffany was hopeless.  "Sure, except for the part where she didn't say a word the entire time.  She's quiet, but not that quiet."

 

"I don't get it.  Why would she freak out about me kissing a girl?" Tiffany frowned.

 

"Are you sure you're a straight-A student, Tiffany?  Because I swear to god, sometimes you are so ing dense."