Aye Captain

The Grand Bulletproof Hotel


- - -
 

It would be given. He just had to wait.
 

​- - -

 

The lift dinged open and Namjoon expected a slew of people to come in and squish him to a proverbial death. It's lunch hour and he had been lurching up and down this damned recycled air-filled-tube in a frequency nearing one trip per minute. And he dreaded the next trip just as much as the previous ones.

"Welcome to the Grand Bulletproof Hotel, what floor may I take you to?" The premise of once again having to defy gravity in this rickety old box caused him to momentarily forget to keep up his 'façade of hospitality', in which his shoulder slumped and his scripted lines were delivered in uninterested mumbles.

"Nine."

The familiarity of that voice caused his ears to perk up.

'He isn't supposed to be here till next week.' Namjoon pondered in panic while he tried his best to appear normal, even though the fingers that were dragging the lever to close the gate were trembling almost uncontrollably. 'Stay calm,' his mind repeatedly yelled. 'At least wait until the lift'd move.'

"Or any floor farthest away from here cause we need to talk about your manners, boy." Seemed that the man clad in uniform who was standing at the other corner of the lift also couldn't hold his impatience any longer. He nonchalantly dropped his leather briefcase to the plush, deep crimson carpet and began to traverse the floor of the small lift long before the mechanical gears began to turn.

"Shut up." Namjoon hissed under his breath in the fear of wandering managers catching him in an act of indecency with one of the most cherished loyal guest of this hotel. Although in the end, he admitted defeat and silently sobbed out his weak self-mentality the moment Yoongi slid an arm around his waist.

"I think I might have a jetlag." Yoongi sighed in such a dramatic manner to his ears that it almost made Namjoon forget that he'd been using this pick up line ever since their first meeting two years ago. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep well."

Still, it always managed to make him blush like a giddy schoolgirl everytime Yoongi delivered the punchline. So much for his stoic image.

"Will you help me spend the night?"

What did he expect Namjoon to answer? No?

Of course not.

"Yea, yes, yea whatever you want."

With that answer secured in his hands, Yoongi hooted and immediately jumped away from Namjoon, leaving his head turned slightly to the side as if he was expecting something that would never be given.

Namjoon had to discreetly swallow his disappointment and mentally curse the little who was standing not two arms length away from him. To move or not to move. He decided on the latter when the rusty metal arm regretfully landed on the number nine. 

"See you in five hours." Yoongi just had to perfectly time his wink with the loud ding of the lift didn't he? Rubbing salt on an open wound...

 

- - -

 

The next five hours were the longest five hours in Namjoon's life.

The lift felt like it was going half its normal speed, people seemed to plow with their footsteps and walked like a pack of lazy slugs.

It didn't help how that cheeky Yoongi would periodically (read: every hour or so) walk into his 'workspace' and around by not doing anything in particular. If Namjoon could be mad at someone for simultaneously doing and not doing something, he would've done it right away.

Wait. he already did.

Yoongi went in during one cramped batch and discreetly slipped to a spot right behind him. And he just stood there, breathing. Probably with a smile on his face. Definitely with a smile on his face.

Then he visited when there was nobody in the lift and spent the whole journey whistling happily at the corner.

One time he went in only to cough every few seconds or so. Nothing more, just coughing and annoying the out of him. Namjoon really felt like killing him by then. But the group of vacationing family walked in and became Yoongi's salvation. Namjoon could not possibly deck his face in front of those innocent little kids, could he?

The fourth time around, there was only him, a newspaper wielding Yoongi, and a woman in a white power suit who was furiously jotting down words on her notepad. When they arrived at her floor, she was so busy with her writings that she didn't realize the lift operator had abandoned his station even before the gate had completely close behind her.

She surely wouldn't hear the sound of newspaper pages being wrinkled and tossed to the ground, as by then, she'd rounded the corner with her room keys in her hand.

Yoongi was surprised that it took him less than five trips to enact a significantly visible reaction out of Namjoon. But even as he was trapped in the corner, in a cage made out of tense arms clutching firmly on the golden hand railings, Yoongi still managed to maintain his composed attitude.

Even when the towering boy in front of him was standing too close, breathing too heavily, and looking at him with such clouded eyes, Yoongi's voice didn't even falter. "What are you going to do?"

"Nothing." He finally grumbled out a word after a stretch of long nothingness caused Yoongi to wonder if he was going for the kill or not. He did not.

Namjoon pushed himself away from the rail and broodingly stood back at his corner of the lift. "One hour left. One hour left." He mumbled the phrase in an effort to put himself in a trance as even the sound of Yoongi straightening his uniform was making his mind reel.

"See you then." Off he went to the buzzing lobby with the ding of the lift, crumpled newspaper on tow. Yoongi might've looked okay on the outside, but what he probably didn't want Namjoon to know was that his heart was beating so furiously against his ribcage and he was silently thanking god for not making him as an easy blusher.

Namjoon was in such a daze he only responded with a whisper of, "aye aye, captain."

 

- - -

 

Nine PM couldn't come faster. Even worse, his coworker was fifteen minutes late. Namjoon couldn't be more impatient when he saw her rushing down the halls toward the partially closed lift.

"I'm sorry!" The young girl panted as she crashed into the compartment and slammed her back on one of the walls. "Crazy traffic from five blocks away. I don't think going home now will be the best idea."

"I'm not planning to do that anyway," he mumbled quickly under his breath and only seconds later regretting the fact that he just verbally admitted his bi-monthly rendezvous with a hotel guest to someone else other than that hotel guest.

Not risking any further interrogation, Namjoon dashed out from the tiny enclosed space and speed walked to the direction of the staff area, leaving the girl puzzled and weakly waving her hand goodbye.

"Ookay then," she casually shrugged it off. There are more pressing things in hand, or more correctly, she wondered how many buttons she had to press to get her through this agonizingly long six hours.

At the other side of the building, Namjoon experienced a role reversal as he became someone who waited for a lift to come. He thought the customer lift was unbelievably tardy, but the whir of the clunky lift in the cargo bay felt even, even slower. There was such overwhelming pent up energy inside his body that Namjoon almost opt for a quick dash through the emergency staircase when the bulky double door in front of him screech open.

Lo and behold. There he was, standing front and center in the harshly illuminated lift, a grinning Yoongi.

The blaring white lighting brought about a very different hue of his navy suit, and a very alluring facial expression never before seen under the soft, warm glow of the guest's lift.

Namjoon didn't even hold back, just rushing in and once again trapping Yoongi in the corner of the cubicle.

This time, the bulky door hadn't even closed completely and Yoongi's amused laughter hadn't completely stop when Namjoon finally took the kiss that was promised-but-was-never-given to him in the previous five hours.

"Wow, I'm sorry," Yoongi's apology was practically drawn out in a breathless sigh when they pulled away, a bit distorted as his lower lip was still trapped between Namjoon's own. Added to that was how Namjoon's hand was squeezing his wrist way past the line of being friendly, and if the power of one's gaze could pop buttons off one's shirt, Yoongi would've been stripped clean of any buttoned fabric.

"Didn't think it'll make you this excited." He came up with a quick conclusion.

"Oh I'm very, very excited," occasional postcards from exotic locations from all around the world and meeting him only once every two months was surely not enough. And when he was finally there, his first thought was 'yes, let's tease the hell out of you.' Of course Namjoon was excited!

The gears' grunt became louder with each second, signifying that their destination was nearing. Before the heavy door grated open, Namjoon squeezed in another brief but still equally fulfilling kiss. 

"9th floor, our floor." 

 

"Thank goodness for that."

 

 


A/N: Where've I been? Idk somewhere... So yeah! It's gonna be like this. A short one shot inspired by the teaser pictures. (ps: not all story's gonna be memberxmember story.) :D
I'm just gonna share my writing motto just a bit: if you end up shipping the out of them, you've done good. I ended up liking the both of them so much after writing this (not on a shipping sense tho...) I hope you guys feel the same way!