※ c h a r a c t e r s

※ 완벽하게 // t h e . p e r f e c t . m a t c h.

THE MATCHES

HEADER LEFT

baek hyerin


Voted "Most Likely To Become Supreme Overlord of the With Mascara," Baek Hyerin is ready to make her mark on the world. Beat reporter by day and broke journalist by night, Hyerin is determined to work her way up through the ranks of written and visual media to one day become a renowned write. When she is not hunched over her laptop or setting the world record for most amount of coffee drunk in one sitting, she is keeping up with her mother's messy personal life and numerous marriages, which has lead to her own thoughts on romance - love does not exist.  

Applied because: someone put her name in, and is going though with it in hopes of impressing her boss.

KIM MINSEOK

 



Kim Minseok is used to being average. He works as an average coffee shop barista, makes an average sallery, and lives in an average apartment with his average roommates.  Despite being content with his average lifestyle, the thing that Minseok desperately wants extraordinary in his life is love. Being single for all of his life, Minseok puts his faith into the Matchmaker and hopes that his match will find her way to him. 

Applied because: he wants to find true love, and thought that he had nothing to lose applying as a single.

han gaeul

 


Viewed as the perfect daughter-in-law by many anxious parents, it's pretty surprising to others when Gaeul revealed that she has no intention to marry anyone introduced to her. Gaeul is determined in finding her special someone by herself, without any assistance from anyone. Though men try to court her, Gaeul would always turn away. She already has someone in mind she wants to love. However, she will soon find her world crashing down on her when she receives a mysterious envelope. Will her heart waver and change its mind? 

Applied because:  her best friends applied for her secretly, with the excuse that she really needs to meet a guy and marry before she passes her mid-twenties.

kim joonmyun

 

 

Though Seoul National Univeristy prides itself on having the most qualified professors staffed, the students in MGMT 342 think they have best looking as well. Kim Joonmyun is the adjunct professor teaching Marketing Management. Working his way through the university's graduate program, Joonmyun dreams of teaching overseas. However, his first priority is starting a perfect family with the love of his life - whoever they are.  

Applied because: he wants to get married in the near future, but hasn't had the time to date. 

mika sato

 


When her relationship of four years fails, Mika Sato is alone for the first time in her life, and in a foreign country nonetheless. Regardless of her broken heart, this courageous teacher will stop at nothing for a chance at finding the "ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other" love she's dreamed of all her life.

Applied because: her friend Hana applied for her, hoping Mika will move on from her ex-boyfriend. 

park chanyeol

 

Whether you find him on the streets or behind a bar, Park Chanyeol always has a smile on his face. Even though he's dirt broke, Chanyeol belives in smiling his way through tough times - even if he's short on the rent for a third time. While his part time job is bartending in a local bar, Chanyeol's true passion is writing music. He hopes to one day be able to produce music. Until then, he'll stick with playing at the bar on Saturday nights. 

Applied because: he would become famous if he were chosen as a single, and his music would be heard.

im dana

 


Who says anything about her being normal? This girl is a total special snowflake. Once you gets close to Dana, there's no turning back because this girl is a bag full of charms. Life with her would never be boring. Dana is an event organizer with little to limited views on love. She has never experienced love before and usually depended on movies and dramas for an image in love.  Love is precious to dana and something to be happy for. she's the type to have child-like views on romance and love. Slso, it's more likely for her to give her all ( spiritually and physically ) to her lover when she's in love.

Applied because: her friend Gaeul applied for her to be a match, beause she didn't want to apply alone. 

kim jongdae

 



Many people wonder how Kim Jongdae could be so built sitting around on a laptop all day. Together with his elder brother Jongdeok, Jongdae co-runs the popular Youtube channel KimJongBros. The brothers primarily do comedy skits surrounding Korean culture and life, and have a following of over 150,000 subcribers. The brothers are relatively famous around Seoul, and have done several nation wide interviews on television.  

Applied because: his brother signed him up as a joke, thinking that Jongdae would never be chosen.

lee haru

 


Moving from underground newbie to renowned lyricist and producer, Lee Haru has made her mark on the musical world while avoiding all interviews besides the written ones. While everyone is sure that its just a marketing scheme to make her more mysterious, who can believe that the fierce rap queen is too insecure to let herself be interviewed? Being forced by friends who care about her to enter Haru wonders if shes going to be good enough for her partner.

Applied because: her best friend wanted her to find someone who could take care of her and watch over her before she worked herself to death

byun baekhyun

 


Any high school student knows who Byun Baekhyun is - his midnight radio show, ByunBaek at Midnight, is the radio of choice for students studying late. His contagioius laughter and goofy personality make him likeable to the nation's youth. Even if his salery isn't impressive and the work hours , Baekhyun loves his job. He hopes to move up in the industry within the next year, gaining more listeners and sponsers.

Applied because: a group of fans asked him to apply for fun, and he couldn't say no.  

han  sora

 


From the outside, Han Sora has it all: a highly successful acting career, thousands of adoring fans, and more income tha she knows what to do with. Of course, not everything is what it seems. A sad little girl behind a pretty face, she no longer wants to be an actress or model. The years of constant public attention and being judged for her looks need to be stopped, or else Sora knows she will be unhappy for the rest of her life. Though love is far from her mind, Sora is willing to do anything to break free from her parents and her career - even sign herself up to be a match.  

Applied because: she hoped to be matched and take a much needed break from her acting career.

kim jongin

 



Voted most likely to choose a puppy over a girl, Kim Jongin is best described as a child trapped in the body of a sinfully good looking man. He is currently finishing his final year at Korea National University of the Arts with a focus on dance, as well as finishing his final year teaching ballet class to young men ages 12-16. Between all classes, Jongin is also preparing to audition for the Korean national ballet, his ultimate goal.

Applied because: he wanted to find love after watching his older sisters get married to the love of their lives.