I'm Yours, You're Mine

Bound To You



Long and dark handful strands of hair were pulled back and locked perfectly in place by a beautiful hair pin, only the upper side though and the rest were let loose, spilling over Masato’s shoulders. Despite how much makeup he had, it still couldn’t conceal his disappointment to getting married, but its magic did work on camouflaging the bags under his eyes; he couldn’t even sleep last night. Masato was too restless, tossing about in his bed, bleary-eyed. He was in total despair.

 

 

“Smile, Masato. It’s the big day! C’mon, honey!” One of his good friends gave him an encouraging grin that was probably out of sympathy… if not the other way round…happy.

 

 

‘How could I?’

 

 

But he didn’t want to let his friend down. He didn’t want to let the others down as well…oh, what a weigh…

 

 

He eventually managed a small crooked smile to his friend. That would be enough at least, since he was unable to utter a single word… and because it was his way of thanking the other for trying to brighten his day.

 

 

But not for the day, and absolutely not for the approaching event.

 

 

The whereabouts of the wedding was situated at the angel castle. The enormous structure was built in the middle of such long-distance waterfall eons ago. And basically it is a waterfall castle, joined by two bridges that connected the structure to either side of the lands and the magnificent sight from afar can easily take everyone’s breath away. They were on the high above—heaven. Uruha had insisted to let him and his people organize the whole preparations and he reasoned that by firmly stressing the strongest point that no matter what others had said and would say, this wedding needed to be perfect and the effort had to start from scratch at any cost, in his own grand way.

 

 

 

Huh, trust the demons to hold such a nice wedding? Never.

 

 

 

The arrival of the demon prince hadn’t been announced yet, although the guests from his side had already taken their place by filling in the prepared seats that consisted of mounting structures that could be considered as half circular staircases. They sat on the left side, while the other one was crammed in with the children of light, mostly the angels, of course.

 

 

Both sides were trying to contain their silent fury. And if anything, they could have lunged towards each other already and ripped flesh and carcasses would be scattered everywhere, but no, they were extremely forbidden to ever do so. The sacred place is never functioned for a battlefield, nor would it be.

 

 

 

***

 

 

The demon king was restlessly pacing back and forth behind the primary stage, questioning quietly as to where the hell was his son right now. Chiyu said he would be there early. But no sign of him would say he was.

 

 

“Well, it seems like your son hasn’t shown himself yet.” Uruha said from behind, and Reita hated the fact that the angel had voiced out the same thought he was having inside his messed up mind. But he kept a cold expression, pushing away any emotions aside. ”Where could he be, hmm?”

 

 

 

“My Chiyu must have some business to do.” And how he ing wished he knew what that was—

 

 

 

“That’s so much more important than this wedding?” Uruha scoffed as his face twisted in annoyance, causing Reita to frown. It was simply odd enough those two had been in love with each other before. And now they were going to be the parents-in-law to one another’s sons.

 

 

 

“Kouyou, if you’re here just to piss me off—“

 

 

 

He was interrupted by an ear-splitting roar from outside, which announced the arrival of the demon prince.

 

 

 

No, that guy wouldn’t be early. He would just be on time, as usual.

 

 

 

“About time.” Uruha muttered and left to get to his son.

 

 

 

Reita’s tensed face finally relaxed in relief, uncrossing his arms.

 

 

 

And if he noticed, Uruha’s own expression was far from that.

 

 

***

 

 

A stunning dark red jacket, a black tight tank top that clung to the owner’s perfect figure and a pair of shinning leopard printed pants, were on display along the aisle with Chiyu spreading both of his arms with a condescending smirk which graced his thin peach lip. His silver hair was groomed in his own way of style; it looked both messy yet oddly enough, tidy at the same time. Anything as long as it was stylish. And it somehow stood out among the rest of his features and waved along with the welcoming wind, his large night wings folded slightly as he walked the stretched path.

 

 

 

Chiyu made a wave of his hands as he grinned, encouraging the dark spawns to cheer more for him. And they did. While their rivals wore dissatisfaction looks and were grunting and growling in annoyance, but couldn’t fire back nonetheless even if they wanted to.

 

 

 

Masato shivered at the sight, freezing all the way down to the bones.  And he looked to his mother, who was mashing his tight white knuckles against his own mouth, steady eyes never leaving the demon prince, who was then greeted by his awaiting father by the end of the path.

 

 

 

“Do not do this ever again.” Reita hissed as he flung one arm over Chiyu’s neck, pulling him close quickly.

 

 

 

“Again?” Chiyu smirked bitterly. “To my certain knowledge, this will be my first and last wedding.”

 

 

 

 

Uruha instantly reached out and held Masato’s hand in his, and wasn’t surprised to find it cold in his warm hand, which was fuelled by silent fury actually. Still, he massaged Masato’s trembling hand and tried his best to channel his encouragement to his one and only son, who would be soon handed to Chiyu, to live with him, as a husband and a wife. As a family.

 

 

 

Though, would they be able to create one?

 

 

 

“You’ll be fine, honey.” A kiss was planted atop Masato’s head, causing his son to snap out of his trance. Kouyou found it hard to say the next words once that obvious sad gaze locked with his own. “You will…and I-I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry.”

 

 

 

“Don’t be, mother.” The younger smiled for him with an embrace, although his stomach was swirling with unknown, and certainly, uncomfortable emotions that also played through his mind with terrifying images which were possible to become true for him. “I’ll be fine.” His voice cracked, tears finally breaking the barriers and streaming down his cheeks.

 

 

 

“Ne, we should get going now...” Or Masato was the one who should actually get going.

 

 

 

“I know.” The hug was tightened around Masato’s small frame and as he opened his teary eyes, he saw one hand holding up to him, and he knew instantly he had to part himself from the hug. That one final one before he was bound to Chiyu for eternity.

 

 

***

 

 

The event left Masato stumped, vows from both him and Chiyu slipped quickly out of their mouths without a slight slacken, even though they did it against their wills. When Masato was offered a hand by his now, officially husband— this mere fact made him think he was going to collapse any sooner, convincing himself that this was all a product of his exhausted brain. A fictional. A dream.

 

 

      A nightmare.

 

 

Displeased with Masato’s pure hesitation and very slow reaction, Chiyu immediately seized the angel’s hand, yanked him close to himself and dragged him down the walk, snarling as he bared his fangs slightly. “You’re wasting the ing time.”

 

 

“S-sorry.” Masato stuttered and was surprised to find Chiyu guiding his arm to wrap around his waist, pressing the side of his face to the demon’s chest. “Wha—“

 

 

“Act natural. Just pretend we’re in love, angel. Or at least we’ll be.” Chiyu faked a smile, forcing those bitter words through his clenched teeth, making himself look as if he was attempting a grin.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry…” He lowered his head. He had never been this close to someone else before.  But Chiyu was more like a stranger than a spouse to him.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry.” Chiyu dug in his nails into Masato’s skin, making the smaller stiffen and moan softly in pain. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

 

 

 

“Aren’t you already—“

 

 

 

“Not too much though, spoiled.” The demon prince cut in, a smirk came across his lips as he waved one unoccupied hand at his faithful followers and continued sauntering along the white aisle. Masato  was lost at words for a few moments, trying to ignore the discomfort of pain his fragile angel skin was suffering from.

 

 

 

“I’ll… try my best to be your wife.”

 

 

 

Chiyu’s smirk suddenly vanished and his tone was dropped low, bitter and slicked with venom. “Then I’ll try my best to be your living nightmare.”

 

 

***

 

 

Despite how terrified Masato – still – was with this new relationship, he couldn’t shake off the nervousness that was whispering at him over and over again. 

 

 

 

About the wedding night.

 

 

 

Normally – and usually – newly married couples would totally look forward to that, because why the hell not?

 

 

But still, Masato wasn’t one of those people, and perhaps not even Chiyu. Well, the latter must have gotten used to having anyway with other demons – or even other creatures – as mentioned before, but not his innocent, angel and naive wife. Definitely not. And there was no doubt Masato would lose his one ity to Chiyu, sooner or later. Like it or not.

 

 

But most people had expected for that to happen at this very night.

 

 

 

 

Masato had already seemed reluctant to leave for his – or their chambers, which were originally his own, that had been transformed perfectly to accommodate both him and Chiyu – by the time he watched as their guests began leaving for their homes after spending a great time at the largest feast they had ever had after the wedding, which lasted a few good hours, his heart plummeted more and more, making it hard for him to breathe properly in his already suffocating wedding garments.

 

 

Masato had already bid his mother a goodnight with a hope for the older archangel to have a nice sleep despite his intense worry towards his son. The younger one was now taking the first few steps of the spiral staircase which led to his chambers, his heavy legs seemingly having trouble to take a faster pace. It wasn’t like it was an …obligatory to sleep right on this wedding night, right? He could tell Chiyu that he wasn’t ready…yet.  Chiyu would understand, and he should be.

 

 

Speaking of the demon prince, he hadn’t seen him since less than hour ago. Chiyu had excused himself earlier from the festive celebration and had also strangely refused to state his reason, and with Masato who was still painfully afraid of the silver-head’s silent rage, could only nod and convince himself it wasn’t a big deal anyway. Maybe Chiyu had an important business he needed to finish….

 

 

 

Only such matter consisted of a pair of clothed legs clamped tight around a narrow-shaped waist and arms hooked to Chiyu’s neck desperately as the silver-head ravaged hungrily at the offered bare neck, up to his jawline before taking a pair of full lips to kiss the other demon deep-heatedly.

 

 

 

“Mizuki.”

 

 

 

Mmm….Just me already Chiyu.” The blonde moaned.

 

 

And they were both oblivious to Masato’s presence between the slit of the large double doors, too immersed in their own sinful act as they began clawing at their own clothes.

 

 

Masato stood helplessly without moving, he felt nauseated at this very sight. He felt like bursting into tears already. Chiyu was touching someone else who wasn’t his wife! Who wasn’t that one wife who was witnessing such awful deed! Doing such thing in the bed they were supposed to be sharing and sleeping next to each other!

 

 

The angel immediately clamped his mouth as his sharp breath hitched painfully the second a crystal tear fell from his burning watery eyes.

 

 

Their supposed one wedding night…

 

 

And the way Chiyu called the other demon’s name, Masato noticed bitterly it was filled with an affection Chiyu had never ever shown to him, not even to his own father, not anyone else as well but to this one demon named Mizuki.

 

 

Chiyu was in love with him.

 

 

So this what was caused Chiyu to speak like that back at the demon’s castle….Masato should of known. No, he had already felt something was wrong with Chiyu already before…

 

 

 

Masato almost screamed for them to stop, for the one male who stole Chiyu’s heart to leave, but he didn’t have the courage, not when Chiyu was around, not when his husband was going to the hell out of that demon, so he found his shaky legs bringing himself away from the room, away from the heart breaking sight to no particular place, taking the leave instead as if he was the unwanted guest in the end.

 

 

 

He couldn’t ever let his mother know about such flaw in their marriage, could he? And how could any of them not notice of such unwelcome presence in their own sacred castle?

 

 

 

Of course it was obvious; it must be Chiyu’s deed. He would do anything for someone he loved dearly.

 

 

Masato slumped himself against a pure white wall next to a floor-to-ceiling window, using his white feathery wings to shield the moonlight casting down upon from the full silver ball high up in the dark sky, just to make sure no one knew of his tear stained cheeks, just to make sure he didn’t look weak as he felt.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Masato felt something clutch at his slim waist causing him to moan softly and he was startled from his sleep by the time he felt as if he was being thrown over something, to which that ‘something’ was revealed to be a shoulder of…of Chiyu?

 

 

“Chi-Chiyu?”

 

 

The angel struggled weakly once he earned no response, although he was nearly certain it really was his husband after all, with his black wings which were uniquely different from other demons ever had. He almost whimpered if not for the silver-head prince hissing out his warning, pissed royal green eyes boiled with anger.

 

 

“Don’t make a sound.”

 

 

Masato trembled slightly at that and whispered an apology, clutching his fists as the sinful scent from Chiyu filling his nostrils to the point he wanted to vomit. What time was it now? It must have been a few hours passed since then

 

 

 

The angel didn’t feel like returning to the chambers at all. He didn’t ever want to recall such scene…

 

 

However that was too late.

 

 

As soon as they reached the said place, the first thing Masato could lay his eyes on was the bed. But, it looked clean and undisturbed, with no signs of another presence, as if there was no such thing and he felt extremely weird, because it couldn’t be he was seeing – such—things earlier.

 

 

“He left already.”

 

 

And no, he hadn’t really seen things apparently…and well, that only hurt Masato even more.

 

 

The angel suddenly cried out once he was tossed onto the mattress without a care by Chiyu. The demon seemed like was he angrier than ever, judging from his harsh action, but more than that he actually looked devastated and disappointed…?

 

 

But why? He had just ed the living hell out of someone else already.

 

 

Could it be Masato’s fault?

 

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Masato rushed to apologize, covering his eyes with his crossed his arms. “Please don’t hurt me. Please don’t…I’m sorry…”

 

 

The cold green gaze didn’t leave the angel’s trembling form as Masato whispered his series of apology until Chiyu eventually moved away to lie down next to him without speaking a word. And the strange silence made Masato feel confused –and concerned as well, although mildly— that he had to will himself to turn to take a look at his demon husband beside him with his back turned to Masato.

 

 

“Chi—“

 

 

“I won’t be seeing him again, don’t worry.”

 

 

The angel had a hard time to process the newly delivered information, which resulted in the silence that followed after. Should Masato be happy with this? He definitely should. But it didn’t feel right at all.

 

 

Masato bit his lip gently, concern written all over his face now and he wanted to ask why, but concerning Chiyu’s response from his point of view, he figured it was better to not inquire about it.

 

 

“I’m right here, Chiyu.” He whispered under his breath, glancing over at the silver-head’s back again, only to be greeted with the same frozen sight. “We’re married, aren’t we? So—”

 

 

“Masato.” Chiyu’s voice wavered slightly, that he had to take a long, deep breath to speak the next words. “I don’t want to talk to you for now.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Masato mumbled quietly as he lowered his head, his long strands of dark hair falling gently into the side of his face he sighed and rested his head on the large pillow. He just…he just wanted to remind Chiyu for what and who they were now to one another. He wanted to always to cling to that fact...

 

 

“Chiyu, I…I would like to fall in love with you.” Masato tucked himself under the blanket he had just pulled up to his chest. “Because I’m married to you now …and as your wife, I’m bound to you for the rest of my life.”

 

 

And he slid closed his beautiful naturally lined eyes, wanting to resume his sleep, wanting to wake up to the first morning he’d be sharing with Chiyu, wanting to live the new life with a new role.

 

 

Wanting desperately to start falling in love with Chiyu.