Soon

Bound To You

 

“Wakey, wakey. Little prince. Rise and shine, boy.”

 

Chiyu did wake up to that ridiculous call, groaning as he felt something weighing upon his head and his chest that forced him to open his eyes, they were burning from the blinding bright rays surrounding him and he had to lift his hand to shield them before everything gradually came into focus….and seemingly upside down.

 

Damn it. His father was using that kind of punishment on him again.

 

“Why are you doing this to me?” Chiyu crossed his arms in front of his chest, but it actually made him feel dizzy even more, especially in this kind of position; legs up and head down and damn was he glad he was wearing a shirt that was perfectly bound in his dark jeans, so it wouldn’t ride up – or in this position, the other way round -  his chest; and if the other demons – even their servants - found out about this, he’d surely have no way hell of a chance to get escaped from the humiliation. The demon king was currently holding him by the ankle, while standing at the edge of a cliff. The younger one could feel the cold wind whipping his face, stirring his fairly long silver hair that had reached his shoulder length. “Dad…What did I do—” Without a warning he was suddenly swung the other way, but was still clutched at the ankle. “What did I ing do—?!” He demanded, yelling out of frustration, but his voice was wavering.

 

“You dare to ask me?” Reita huffed audibly in disbelief then with a little effort he moved his arm back and forth and threw his son in the air like a baseball – yes, he really did – vertically. Loud screams soon filled the atmosphere, the same time the younger demon flailed his arms and it looked as if he was spinning, cutting his way through the air; he was awfully – and definitely- horrified. Once he arrived at the of the turning point before falling back all the way down, his deafening screams became even louder.

 

“Dadddddddddd!!”

 

“You always act first without thinking! Can’t you use your ing wings—“ But Chiyu was beyond shocked to even bear and uncurl his own and Reita had to dash over the other side and catch him by the ankle to which he finally did. “—or no then. Ugh, idiot!” He groaned after letting out a – very – heavy sigh at his seemingly exhausted son, arms hanging down and he looked like he was going to vomit any time from now.

 

He tossed Chiyu– or more like slamming him down – to a large, old tree nearby, breaking it in the process as the its bark fell apart to the ground with a loud crashing sound. Groaning as the silver-head tried to shake off the dizziness and some of the leaves that were sticking in his hair, he slowly got on his feet, gagging as he pulled a face as if he was restraining himself from vomiting for real before he fell miserably on his , for what felt like as if he had just experienced a very insane, mind-killing roller coaster that he ever had in his life.

 

“I don’t understand.” He lay on his back tiredly with a sigh, putting one arm over his eyes and growling once he could see the sight of his dad’s face coming into his view, when he was the last person Chiyu wanted to see right in this moment.

 

“You hurt your fiancé, punk.” Reita kicked his son’s .

 

“Oww—!” He groaned and grasped Reita’s leg, intending to pull him down and coming up with a retaliation, but the word ‘ fiancé ‘ had him stupefied. “M-my—what?” He threw his head back, howled and laughed breathlessly in disbelief. “What a lame joke. I don’t have one! I understand , old man! Though I truly appreciate your effort for that.”

 

Another – blow of a hard – kick aimed at the stomach.

 

Chiyu doubled over, growling. “That’s what I wanted to tell and explain to you about. But no, you half-assed attacked him without thinking in the very first place!” He was suddenly stopped by Chiyu gripping the hem of his pants and dragging him down to crouch. Once he could take a close look at his son, he saw how the demon prince was staring into his eyes intently, eyebrows crashed together as he tried to digest what his father was registering him with.

 

“No, wait…you can’t be serious. The archangel?”

 

“I do not have any intention to lie to you.” Their royal green gazes met for what felt like an eternity before Chiyu tore his off first with a look of distaste.

 

“Why?” Chiyu bit out, his voice was strained. “To become a lab rat?” He added with a scoff, his anger escalated. “No ing way. Like hell I would say yes to that. “Standing up, he brushed off his shirt and pants, still wearing the same look of dismay.

 

“I cannot do that, Yuyu.”

 

“Don’t call me that, eww.” Chiyu frowned more, but with a small pout. It was a call his father liked to use when he was younger, yeah but that was so eon ago.

 

“Whatever it is, you’ll be marrying the son of the king of the archangels. It has already been set. You both will be united by the end of this week.”

 

“What?...United? Are you ting with me? That gives me goose bumps, dad! And this weekend?!” He practically gagged, shaking his head quickly. “And I’m ing not ready! With an archangel?! Puh-leaseee.” He threw his hands in the air with an exasperated look, obviously couldn’t handle the truth.

 

“Consider this as another test, Chiyu.” Reita flicked his darker green gaze to Chiyu’s, closing the distance between them that made the younger demon stiffen himself then whispered the next part in the other’s ear, one hand resting and squeezing his son’s shoulder. “It’s either being ascended or descended.”

 

A frown marred Chiyu’s eyebrow and he stared at his father for some moments before he finally took the tiny hint and nodded, firmly. “I have never done this before… but I will try. And it sounds kind of…easy.”

 

“Do not take this matter lightly, as I have already agreed to King Kouyou’s terms and conditions.” Reita stressed. “But I still do not want to ruin everything and the history repeat itself again.”

 

Chiyu hid a smile. “Hence, the reason why it should be taken as a test.”

 

xxxxx

 

Masato’s forehead hit the surface of a dining table, his hand lay limped next to his plate of food while holding a spoon and the other was left hanging loosely at his side, his black silky curtain covering up most of the sides of his face.

 

“Masato, eat your food before it gets cold.” The older archangel sighed across from him, resting both hands on either side of his own plate while holding his silverware.

 

“No.” The younger shook his head, already on the verge of tearing up, but he held himself from doing so. “I cannot bear the thoughts of marrying to that…monster, mother; Chiyu made me lose my appetite.” He added, feeling morose. He let his hand twirl the spoon in the air before letting it go completely, it clattered against the glass surface of the white plate below.

 

“Oh, honey.” Uruha sighed again and clenched both hands nervously. “Look at the bright side… y-you both might—“But he was cut short as his son interjected him.

 

“Might what?” Masato lifted his head off the table. “It’s obvious I’ll lose! Angels are physically not as strong as demons! He could have hurt me more!” He bit his trembling lower lip, feeling slightly guilty for yelling unintentionally at his mother. “He will…that is what I am sure of. You know how he furiously did hurt me…” He traced his fingers over at his wrists, slowly, sadly.

 

Uruha sighed, shoving a piece of food into his mouth and chewing on it absently. “I have no words to say, Masato. This is not a competition or whatsoever.”

 

“But—“

 

“All I can do is to ensure your safety and you’ll have my support, always.” Although he unintentionally and regrettably had let his guards down once when Reita’s son went to hurt his Masato with a murderous intention … man that boy needs a serious lesson.

 

No, that’s how he was taught; how he was raised. He is a demon living a demonic life though; born to be wicked and malicious. Only the superiors who are of the higher rank know how the boy is truly like; they must have liked him better than other potential demons or creatures who would have become his son’s fiancé. There’s no mistaking Chiyu owns his ancestors’ blood-thirsty warrior side, judging from how he possessively trapped Masato under him with a raging look and a hunger that was never sated.

 

And that was just the first step.

 

Nonetheless, according to the sacred rules, angels who are in relationships with dark spawn – a good example is demon - and engage in an without falling in love should– of course - be cast out of the heaven; here. But as this idea of bonding his son and Reita’s in a wedding and having them to lead their lives together to a marriage one was already decided and had left the two kings no avail to say no to it, an agreement was written and affirmatively sealed by the two of them as it can be seen from this case, angels are in no way a match to demons, therefore the former have a lot of disadvantages compared to the other and this concerns Uruha to no end.

 

Firstly, Masato as the archangel shall not become a fallen one after he is married, thus he can maintain his status and angelic physical features that he was as he is, born with them. Secondly, Chiyu, as his husband must treat Masato well, let alone harming or ruining his divine-looking wings, as it could lead to a fatal event for Masato; he would become a human and walk the earth as one- a mortal and mundane creature.

 

They were the ones he had had actually made before with Reita – for their old case; they were just reusing them…and he should be informing Masato about this, but his son was in no condition to be able to listen to him, let alone accept them yet…and the only thing Uruha wished was Chiyu to follow each of the required rules.

 

“If only father was here…he’d surely go against this with all his might.” Masato pushed his plate away as another sign of protest and stood from the table before dismissing himself and leaving to his room with heavy steps. And all Uruha could do was stared at him from behind, helplessly.

 

*Reita and Chiyu lose their regal attitudes whenever they argue or fight xD hence, there’s a mix of formal and informal language