Chapter twenty two

Far From Being Perfect

Many of us argue with our siblings all the time, many of those arguments are usually over small things such as who's turn is it to have the remote controller or who ate the last muffin, but after a while we get over the arguement and make up. However ever since Kai and Kris had their first biggest argument their strong brotherly relationship slowly started to go down hill to a point where the two refuse to be in the same room as each other. Also since that day the happy family atmosphere was now replaced with a thick, awkward atmosphere that would make anyone feel uncomfortable as soon as they step into the Wu residents. 

"Hunnie in this book it's states that arguments between siblings natural and that parents should not interfere as parents have let their children solve their problems on their own." Mrs Wu said as she stepped into her husbands office whilst carry a book that weight more than her. Mr Wu put down his papers and stood up before making his way over to his wife and scanner the book.

"Parenting For Dummies." Mr Wu read out the title of the book."Since when do we take advice from stupid books like this." Mr Wu took the book from his wife's hand and throw the book in the bin next to his desk."We are parents and it is our duty to get involved in our two sons businesses."

"But the book says..." Mrs Wu about to protest when her husband interrupted her.

"Forget about the book, what methods can we use to get Kris and Kai to talk to each other." There was a few minutes of silence before Mrs Wu all a sudden jumped up with excitement. 

"I have an idea." She began."Once I watched a drama where there where two friends who had an arguement and stopped talking to each other, so then one of their other friend locked them in the same room and eventually the two friends had no choice but to talk to each other and sort out their issues in order to be let out." 

"We could do something similar, okay you get Kai and and I will get Kris." Once Mr Wu finished his sentence, both parents left the office to search for their stubborn sons. It didn't take long for Mrs Wu to find Kai and convince him to come to the office, followed by Mr Wu who had to drag Kris into the office. 

"Dad I am very busy." Kris wined as his father pulled him to the office."Why are we even in the here, please tell me this is not another family meeting." 

"How long are you two going to argue over a boy." Mr Wu said as he looked at both of his sons, this caused Kris to become mute." You two are brothers, you should be looking out for each other instead of arguing over a boy since blood is stronger than water." When neither of his sons replied back worry started to take over Mr and Mrs Wu.

Sighing loudly Mr Wu took a seat opposite his sons." let me tell you a true story, did you two know that I had a younger brother?" Kris and Kai to shook their heads." Well that's because before I met your mother I was in love with another girl who I thought I loved, but the only problem is that my brother also liked this girl and this caused us to argue every single day until my brother and I eventually stopped communicating with each other, and to make matters worst the girl dumped me for another. So basically at the end of the day not only did I lose my girlfriend but most importantly I lost my brother over a girl who used me." 

"And you guys now auntie Tiffany." This time it was Mrs Wu's turn to share her story about her relationship with her sister." We used to argue all the time.One day we had an arguement that put a dint in our relationship, but unlike your fathers situation I let go of my pride and talked to me sisters and we made up which I am thankful for or we would have ended up I the same position as your father and his brother."

"I don't want us to end up like dad and his brother, but I'm sick of Kris blaming me for ending his relationship with Tao when he is the one that cheated." Kai spat out as he glared at his older brother with anger, if looks could shoot lasers Kris would be dead by now. 

"It is your fault, it's your fault that he never came back into my arms." Kris said once Kai finished his sentence. 

"How is it my fault Kris." Kai asked, he could feel the anger inside of him starting to show, why couldn't Kris face the fact that he was the one that drove his lover away and stop blaming at other people.  

"If you never got involved with Tao than he would have not had anyone to depend on but me, than maybe Tao would have still stayed with me and I would have got a second chance to make things right with him." Kris explained, each time he said out his ex-boyfriends name regret started to take over him. 

"Do you know how selfish you sound right now, and even if i never met Tao you would still continue to hurt him and even continue to cheat on him. And secondly it's not my fault that your ex came to me for advice and comforting as I was the only one he could go to when you hurt him." Kai said, this caused Kris to go silent and remembered all of the times he broke his ex-boyfriends heart, which was nearly everyday, his though came to their anniversary where he left Tao alone on that day to his girlfriend. 

"Kris can I ask you something.... Why do you want Tao now?" Kai asked. 

"I didn't know what I had until he walked out of my life." Kris answered."At the time I only thought about myself and tried to satisfy my desires that caused me to turn my back on the most important person in my life....which I regret, I regret hurting him, I regret hiding him from the world and I regret pushing him away from me....that's why it's time for me to let him go." 

"What do you mean Kris." Mr Wu said as he looked at his eldest son. 

"I already screwed my chance with Tao and I know he will never accept me as a lover again, hell I'll be lucky if we stay friends." Kris chuckled slightly to himself." But you Kai have been there for him when I was not, you have comforted him when he was upset and showered him with love...now it's my turn to step out of the way and let you mend his broken heart which I caused." 

"Seriously." Kai couldn't believe Kris was handing Tao him, was he dreaming or is this some sort of joke. 

"It is not going to be easy for me to give him up, but I know you will love him as much as I did, and remember not to make the regrettable mistakes I made unless you want to live your life with guilt and regret." Kris warned. 

"I promise to never break his heart or ever let him walk away from me." Kai said confidently, when he makes Tao his, Kai will cherish the boy and shower him with love forever.  

As the two brothers where busy in their conversation, Mr and Mrs Wu smiled proudly of themselves for getting their sons to make up and for bringing back the happy family atmosphere." Hunnie we should get parent of year rewards." Mrs Wu whispered to her husband, who hummed in agreement. Now it's time to encourage their sons to get to college so they could finally have the house themselves, Mr and Mrs Wu thought.