[JongKey] Morning surprises

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: JongKey / KeyHyun (just hints)
Rating: PG-13
Length: 1692 words
Prompt: write about one of the characters being very confused
A/N: For some reasons many people on tumblr liked this. I personally hate it. I leave the judgement to you all. I hope you'll enjoy the reading :3

 

 


 

 

The first thing Kibum felt that morning was a warm breath crashing against his neck. It felt nostalgic and somewhat comforting to be woken up by another person’s airy soul caressing his skin.

All the more because it had been a while since it had last happened. 
Even though they were both cramped in that tiny space - his bed was too little, and a bit too old as well-, he couldn’t bring himself to mind at that very moment: he had missed all of that. The sweet cuddling, the mornings together, the affection lighting up his days had been just a distant memory, a past ghost that had haunted him for all those months without Minho by his side. Still wrapped in a sleepy haze, he found himself thanking all the heavens for that second opportunity he had never thought to ever get.

But that was when reality came crushing back on him - something finally clicked into his mind and his eyes suddenly widend in a mixture of sheer surprise and slight panick.
Minho hadn’t been there in a long time, they weren’t together anymore ever since they had broken up five months before.
They had never met again after that day.

So…

So who the hell was snuggled up with him?!

“What the—” he mumbled out loud without noticing, just to hurriedly cover his mouth when he felt the other’s -deliciously firm- body move a bit behind him.
For the next few seconds Kibum freezed up in the ridiculous pose - eyes almost bulking out of his skull and plump lips opened up without evitting a sound -, but finally relaxed a bit after he was sure the misterious man was still asleep.

The previous night he had gone clubbing for the first time in a long while.
“There’s no harm in enjoying your life a bit.” His closet-demoniac bestfriend had told him, after basically blackmailing him into dressing up “You could use some fun, for a change.”
He had almost thought that brat of Taemin had been right, while he had been dancing the night away - his dead-end job, Minho (he actually wished), everything.

He certainly hadn’t expected getting drunk and waking up to a stranger in his bed. Nope, it hadn’t been his plan; he had never really appreciated one-night stands.

It all felt too…weird to be true - his mind was still confused and he could feel it spinning and throbbing, while he tried to retrace all the events that had led up to the current situation.
He didn’t have much luck though: all he could remember were chapped lips on his , deliciously long fingers hitting his spot and withering limbs under his strained ones. Every little fragment of their night that he was able to bring back to life brought hot blood to his cheecks and made his body tingle with renewed interest but still no name ever appeared in the midst of his brainstorming.

The truth was that he couldn’t remember anything about his unknown companion, if not for the sound of his groans, the way his body had felt while it had tightened around his grith, the taste of his lips. Just thinking about it he felt enchanted by the way their bodies had connected - never he could recall the friction of skin against skin being so delicious.
But…what value could all that have when he didn’t remember anything else? He honestly didn’t know what to do.

In the end he resorted to wiggle his way out of those arms, which hadn’t been easy at all, for the other kept tightening his grip on him everytime he felt Kibum’s warmth leaving him.

His efforts were rewarded by a gorgeous sight though, because - damn- the guy was handsome. 
Kibum’s friends had always mocked him for being picky, but he had never bothered to deny them: they were right. So it was unusual for him to feel like that for a man he had just seen for the first time (well, sort of). His feline eyes kept eating up every bit of that gorgeous sight and it felt like they couldn’t stop anytime soon: his serene expression, his silky brown hair (lightened up by rebellious blonde highlights) and his athletic but at the same time tiny body…
He felt mesmerized by it all, so much that he couldn’t refrain himself from gently caressing a strand out of place, nor he could care about the little defects he had slowly spotted.

Kibum was so out of it that it took him a while to realize that touching the other hadn’t been the smartest thing to do. He realized it only when the guy finally opened his eyes, blinking as if to scroll away the sleep still clinging to his eyelashes.

“Mhhh.”

Oh damn, even his voice was nice, the blonde noticed in his paralized stance (he hoped he could somehow blend with the bed sheets and not being seen).
That situation was too awkward for him to think rationally, especially because he had never found himself in such a situation before - his previous, few nightstands had always been corteous enough to leave before he woke up. He had no idea about the costumary behaviour one should adopt in these cases - was there a non-written etiquette or something?

If you asked him feigning to be a statue seemed like the best option. 

His companion on the other hand didn’t take notice of his discomfort, too preoccupied with stretching his sore limbs, filling the silence with the sound of rustling sheets.

“‘morning.” he casually threw at him then, still in the middle of his ministrations, and Kibum jolted slightly at the unexpected greeting.
What should he say…?

“…’morning.” He went for the easiest and most obvious option and was rewarded for his efforts with a dazzling, pleased smile - the man’s still sleepy eyes were trained on his bare face and milky skin, in the mean time. It made him feel a bit self conscious, but at the same time his body tingled with a fluttering feeling. It was a refreshing change from his usual, lonely mornings, spent in silence with only distant memories to keep him company.

It was almost enough for him to ignore the awkward silence that soon settled after that. Almost.

At least the second occupant seemed to finally get aware of their predicament and the embarassing air haunting the both of them, judging from the way he was slightly tapping his fingers on the mattress.

“Hey” he nervously his lips then - a gesture that Kibum found to be pretty endearing in his own way “…are you feeling okay?”

Huge brown orbs - resembling those of a puppy, he mentally supplied - were fixed upon his, as if they almost feared whatever response he had to give. To tell the truth, it was probably wise for that unknown man to prepare for the worst - chasing him out of his home and forgetting all about their little escapade sounded like the most sensible thing he could do.

But then again Kibum couldn’t shake off the thought that he would end up regretting it; because, among his attraction for that man, the hot whispers that still burned against the shell of his ear and the deep embarassment of that very instant…he felt good. He felt alive - even happy, somehow. And it had been so long since he last did…

“Oh!” was the sudden sound that escaped out of his mouth, when it finally dawned upon him that he had gotten lost in his thoughts “I mean…yeah. I’m okay. Yes, okay.”

That had  so much - he mentally groaned under his guest’s freaked out stare - but it wasn’t his fault, right?!
Who wouldn’t have been awkward in his shoes?
He kept repeating to himself that it had been a reasonable reaction and with that in mind he ignored the light chuckle that resonated through the room soon after.

“Just,” he finally had the courage to mumble “just…who are you?”

No soft giggle followed after that, but a loud and heartfelt laughter instead, which made Kibum’s hands itch with the desire to slap some decency into that empty head. There wasn’t anything funny in his forgetfullness. Nope, not at all.
Nor he was being “cute”, as he heard the other mutter to himself at some point - he made a huge effort to bite back the snarky reply he had in mind (because retorting how “cute” the other had been under him the night before didn’t count as fair play, after all).

So he patiently (well, sort of) waited for the guy to calm down, obeserving how he propped himself up on one elbow.

“I’m Jonghyun.” He finally offered with another smile and the blonde rolled the name on the tip of his tongue, liking the sound of it. It was nothing special - quite a common name to be honest- but Kibum didn’t mind (his own wasn’t any better).

“I guess it’s my turn now—”

“Don’t worry, Kibum. I remember it.” Jonghyun teased with a crooked grin, making the other burst out in a boisterous laugh and clumsly slap that strong arm in front of him.
He hadn’t felt that carefree in a while and it was somehow funny to think that an accidental one-night stand had offered him the relief he needed from his worries and regrets. 

"I’m sorry…I might have drunk too much yesterday. My memories are a bit…well, blurry”

He was presented with a gentle smile at that, and callous fingers came to play with his a bit.

“I have an idea.” Jonghyun said and the blonde perked a bit at that - finally diverting his gaze from their almost-entwined hands “Why don’t we talk about it at breakfast?”

“I’ll pay.” He added with sheer hope shimmering in his eyes.

(Now, that was “cute”, the other mused in his head).

“Okay.”

Kibum didn’t even have to think about it, before answering: he could already feel the scent of coffee invading his nostrils and Jonghyun’s beatiful smiles filling up his days.