pretensions ..

lessons of my heart (drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We’ve been the best of friends ever since , laughing at the same jokes, crying the same tears,

For her , I’m the “brother” she never had. But what I feel is more than that.

I know she’s not aware about the way that I feel and it’s the only secret that I’ve been trying to conceal. The reason I’ve been hiding, is because I’m afraid it’s cliché , but just the same , “to lose the friendship we have”.

But one day she came to my house , she was so happy..

She told me the news that really shocked me , she said . “I’ll be getting married soon, amber!” and to a man I never thought , she’ll be serious.

 

I don’t know how to utter a word , my hands are trembling , I felt so cold , I wanted to cry , and at the moment , I wanted to die.

But still, I tried to compose myself and faked a smile , crossed all over my face . I congratulated her.,

“princess !! at last ! you found your mr. right!! congratulations , BEST WISHES !” though I’m really hurt, thus , my heart is close to bursting.

 

Days had passed; still I want to freak out , I keep asking myself  “ is this what loving is all about ?” my close friend came , henry is his name , advised me to tell her what I feel . Hell! But I have to face my biggest fear .

This is what he said , “go bro, give yourself a decent fight, tell her you love her!”, and I realized he’s right. And that’s what I did…

 

First thing next morning , I stood in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter