Skip a Beat

Vacation of Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up, the sun was already down. I decided to go check out what was happening at the beach. I open my suitcase and get out a tank top and a pair of swim trunks and change into them. I find my flip flops and slide them on. Then, I walk down to the beach.

There are quite a few people out tonight. I think they're having a party. Over to my left they're having a bonfire. I decide to just sit by myself on the sand farthest away from the water, and just watch the people play in front of me. I couldn't help but smile. People were living their lives.

Then, my eyes recognizes someone coming towards me. I squint my eyes, since it's dark. Once this person was a few feet away I realized who it was. “Park Jimin-ssi. What brings you here?” Why was he approaching me when I was mean to him earlier?

“Hello Jung Hoseok-ssi.” He bows to me. “I came over because you looked a little lonely. Um, would you like some company?” He wasn't looking me in the eye, but instead he was looking at his hands while twiddling his thumbs.

I look at him for a few moments while considering. Yeah, I did feel a little bad for making him cry earlier. Will it really hurt to have him as company for a little while? No, it won't. “Sure. Sit down.” I pat the space beside me.

“Ah, thank you.” He bows again before he sits down. I look over at him. He has a slight smile on his face as he watches the people on the beach.

“Park Jimin-ssi.” He looks up at me. “You don't have to bow to me so much. Just relax.” I see his smile grow on his face, but it's a nervous smile.

“It's really okay though, I don't mind.” He looked away again. “It's my job after all. You're my boss.” He was grabbing the sand and letting it go slowly from his hands.

“Really, don't do it. Unlike most other people, I hate bowing the most. Just be comfortable.” He turns to face me again. My heart skips a beat. What was that? I place my hand on my heart and slightly hit my hand over it. For some reason when I saw Park Jimin's face it made my heart skip a beat and fall into my stomach.

“Okay, if you wish.” He stood up then. He grabbed my wrists and forced me up from the ground. “But you have to come play with me then.” He runs toward the water. I run after him and grab him by the wrist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter