five

MIGHT JUST DIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: 

It’s a pretty calm day for Taeyong. The evening was so cool and the weather was warm with not much sunlight, perfect for an evening at the park.

Taeyong laid on the grass with his hand under his head and the other hand holding the new book he got from the library. The distant laughter of children playing calmed him more. They sounded so happy that it made him smile whenever he overhears their joke and rhymes.

Suddenly the warm sunlight was clouded with two guys in black suits. Both standing over him and looking at him with a knowing look. Taeyong immediately understood the reason why they were there. He grunted picking up his school coat and keeping the book under his arm then proceeds walking with the guys following close behind.

One guy opened the car door for Taeyong and he went in unwillingly. The old man in the driver seat smiled at him through the back mirror.

“Welcome young master,”

He welcomed Taeyong with his warm but low voice.

“I told you to not call me that,” Taeyong didn’t dare to look at the old man in the eye.

The said old man just smiled and shook his head. He then proceed to drive to their destined location.

Mr. Yu have been there for Taeyong since his mother died or even before. Taeyong used to spent so much time with his mother and Mr. Yu was his mother’s trusted butler. After his mother died Mr. Yu have been there for him through almost everything including his school registration. While, his father have been going on infinite honeymoons with his new wife. Taeyong have always been so cold to everyone but at times he would warm up to Mr. Yu because to him that was the only person closes to being his mother.

“Are you okay young master?,”

Taeyong glared at him and sighed.

“I told him I’ll come home when I want to, why is he still bothering me,”

Mr. Yu could only give his usual creased smile.

“Probably because he misses you young master,”

Taeyong winced at the word. He sneered.

Why would he miss me when he’s married to mother’s murderer

It was some time before they entered a wide gate with a security house by it. Mr. Yu nodded to the guard and drove straight towards the driveway in front of the big house.

Taeyong hated coming back here. The smell, the furniture, the walls, everything was changed since his mother almost as if she was to be forgotten. Everything because of the new lady in the house.

As if on cue, the said lady stood at the door with an apron and a big smile welcoming him back. Taeyong heaved a big sigh and walked forcefully towards the door.

“Welcome honey, would you like some scones? I’ve been making them for you since I heard you’re coming back,”

Taeyong paused when she held him by the arm. The lady smiled sweetly at him trying to persuade him to eat the scones in the kitchen.

He tugged his hand and smoothen his coat.

“Why? Because you want to kill me next?,”

Mrs. Yubin seemed hurt by the comment. She watched Taeyong walking up the stairs then turned to Mr. Yu who was giving her a small smile assuring her it’s okay.

Taeyong walked directly to his father’s office and went in without knocking.

“There you are, I never thought you were still alive.”

Taeyong glared at his father and paced towards the tall book shelves.

“Oh will that make you happy like you were happy with mother’s death?”

Mr. Lee winced at turned to his son. He took his working glasses off and sighed.

“Nobody killed your mother, Lee Taeyong.”

He stated with a heavy breathe.

“How do you explain her sudden death then?”

Mr. Lee bit his lips, knowing he could never win this fight.

“How do you explain her sudden death when she was always so healthy, huh?,”

Mr. Lee stood up and walked towards his son. He knew his wife’s death took a big toll on Taeyong’s life. He used to be a very cheerful kid who had a wide imagination with stories he created before bed. He used to wear the peter pan hat Mr. Lee had bought him and run around the garden looking for the said tinker bell.

But everything changed when he got back from school to his mother’s death. He used to blame himself for his mother’s death because he said he was not there to protect her. He cried in his mother’s robe to sleep and refused to eat until they had to wire vitamins into him.

“Taeyong, I wish I could explain that but you know yourself, death is not in our control,”

Taeyong pushed his father’s hands away.

“You know the explanation for this on ebut you refused to tell me and you went to that murderer inste-“

A loud slapped echoed the room. Taeyong smirked and eyed his father who’s looking at him with burning eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter