Wish, Popcorn and a Goldfish

Lean on me

Krystal's POV

 

pin incorrect* answered the machine over at the door

 

"Oh Krystal, darling, you didn't have to change the password." said the guy from outside. It’s him. It's really him. I know that terrifying sound of his voice.

 

"Is he the one from last night?" Amber asked but I immediately covered with my hand, and I raise a finger to my mouth signaling her to keep her voice down.

 

"Darling, I know you're in there. Your lights are on and your car's parked outside."

 

I just fell stiff. He's a door apart from me and Amber.

 

"You're making me wait. You know very well how much I hate waiting. Now open the f-ucking door."

 

I couldn't move. He's back to ruin me and I'm here with Amber, still from the waist up. I looked up to her not knowing what to do. She just pulled me in close to her and I relaxed a bit onto her.

 

We were both startled from the loud knocking on the door, making it move from its hinges.

 

"Still not answering eh? You're tougher now; disobeying my requests. Did you learn that from your friend? Amber was it?" I felt Amber's hand tighten around my arm.

 

"You know, I paid her a visit earlier, in her mansion of a place. Sadly though, she wasn't at home so I decided to leave a gift to your good friend by letting my men renovate her place. I hope she'll love my taste in interior designing. How generous am I?" I hear him laugh wickedly.

 

I saw Amber's hard expression and she proceeded to take the jacket from the floor and covered me with it.

 

"For a moment I thought she was a man. That was quite a punch I got for someone living so pathetically. I can still remember the stench of her rotting apartment. How dare she touch me?"

 

Amber charged forward to open the door but I intervened and hugged her from the back stopping her from her tracks. The jacket falling off from my back and I felt the cool air envelope me, making me chill but Amber was very warm, I can feel her anger all over.

 

"No, please no." I whispered and I felt myself about to cry. I didn't want her to get into any more trouble because of me. It's my time to protect her from that monster. "Please Am. I don't know want you getting hurt. Please." I felt tears roll down my face, making Amber's shirt wet.

 

"F**k this, Krystal. You've already pissed me off far too long. I'll be careful if I were you. The next time I get a hold of you, I'll make sure no one interrupts us while I break you, bone after bone."

 

One final thud on the door and I hear the sound of his fading footsteps.

 

"He's gone. Thank God." I snuggled closer to Amber.

 

"He must've seen the papers in my bag and found out where I live." She turned herself to me. She wiped off my tears and exhaled a long breath of relief. “Are you okay?” She asked, letting her gaze fell on my n-aked body and immediately looked away.

 

"I am sincerely sorry for everything." I said, grabbing both her hands.

 

"Sooju... Krystal." She said, looking now into my eyes with a tired expression on her face. "I'm already very thankful for everything you've done for me, don't feel sorry not even a bit." She took a step closer. “I won't let that guy hurt you but this is all going too fast, you barely know me and you're letting me in your home, Krystal."

 

"You did it for me." I objected.

 

"Yeah, sure but... but.."                                                           

 

"No! Everything I've done up to this point was because I wanted it and so far I am not regretting any of that." I pressed my body to hers lifting my head up and putting my arms around her neck while she remained still. Oh, how I wanted her to hug me; to feel her warm hands on my cold back.

 

"I'm not a guy like him. I believe you haven't had a relationship with the same gender before. I don't have any money to offer and I don't think I..." Amber looked away, closing her eyes with corrugated brows. “I don't think I deserve you." She was pulling away from me, unhooking my arms from her neck.

 

That angered me. How could she think like that. She was nothing like that jerk.

 

"Don't you ever compare yourself to that monster!" I screamed at her and crossed my arms to my chest. "You're a lot more than him, Amber. A lot more." Calming down a bit.

 

"S-exuality was never a big deal to me. I don't care about money and what makes you think you don't deserve me, when I'm the one losing my head thinking about how I can make you mine and only mine. Don't you get it? I like you, Amber. You’re selfless; you’re kind and you take good care of people. I feel safe with you, I'm alive when you're around and you know how to make me feel good." I couldn't hold back anymore, I just needed her. I reached for her face and pressed my mouth to hers.

 

Amber's POV

 

mmm. I can feel her soft lips on mine, tasting me, feeling me and comforting me. I pulled away and covered with my palm. She said she likes me and that was enough to convince me that there is a chance for this to work but I needed to make sure about one thing.

 

"I won the game so I get to make one wish." I placed both of my hands to cup her face.

 

"Until we are completely and utterly sure about the whole situation, let's consider our relationship, platonic. No kissing, skinship to a minimum and let’s start to being friends." I needed to make sure it wasn't just lust that was pulling us together.

 

She pouted disapprovingly; looking all mean but she was just too cute and so s-exy, seeing how she was still bare from above. I didn't want to be harsh so I added.

 

"My wish will be in full effect after I kiss you goodnight and that’s it." Her face brightened once more, eagerly waiting for her kiss that will be the last after the wish dissolves. I leaned in, bumped my forehead to hers and hover my lips over her lips. She closed her eyes and I took a moment to look at her face. She was so beautiful. I kissed her, making it long and gentle. I felt her on my lower lip and I moved away.

 

"Goodnight, Krystal." I said to her with heavy-lidded eyes.

 

She suddenly went into her room coming back with a pair of pink pajamas and towel.

 

"Take a bath, leave your clothes outside the door and change into this." Pushing the pajamas and towel in my hands then she went to her room.

 

I searched for her bathroom. It was on the other side from her living room. I went inside and stripped everything and left it outside in the laundry hamper. I entered the shower and washed myself. It smells like her, all the concoction that was lined up on a rack above the shower head, it made me miss her right away. After a while I heard the door open and I looked back and felt Krystal's lips on mine.

 

"Yaaah. I made my wish." She giggled.

 

"I left a spare restaurant uniform for you to use tomorrow and besides I didn't get to say my goodnight." She was about to kiss me again but I stopped her.

 

"uh uh." I said and she went to the door, laughing.

 

"Goodnight, Amber. Nice a-ss by the way." Then she closed the door.

How am I supposed to survive with all her teasing? I finished up, get dressed and went to the couch that already had pillows and a blanket arranged on it.

 

I stayed up late reading all about the restaurant from the books. It was amazing how one person can achieve so much. After reading some more, sleepily, I dozed off on a pile of papers.

 

I felt a warm ticklish feeling in my ear and swatted it off. I felt it again and jolted up. I opened my eyes and see Krystal's eyes just in front of me, looking down on my lips. She's too close.

 

"You drool when you sleep." She said and I felt embarrass and wiped it off with the sleeves only realizing then that it was her pajamas I was using.

 

"It's okay. Get dressed. It’s your first day of work and you're already late." I sprinted and readied myself. Going back to the living room, I saw her laughing at her phone. I moved closer and saw a picture of me sleeping with drool on my face. I tried to take it from her but she lifted it up her head. I reached for it, making my body collide with hers. I looked down and she looked up.

 

"You're doing this on purpose." I said knowing now that she wanted our bodies like this. "You tease." I backed away.

 

"I am your boss now, so no objecting the boss and if it weren't for that wish you made I might have done something to you that would make you wish for it again and again." She said opening the door and out we go.

 

God, she's testing my limits.

___________

3 weeks later

 

Restaurant work was doing fine. I work all around, from waiting tables to cleaning, even learning to cook some specialties from the menu but I was mostly Krystal's personal assistant.

 

She makes me do minor work like accompany her to eat in her office, "unintentionally" leaving traces of sauce in for me to clean. It always made me nervous whenever my thumb passes her lips and she stares at me while I focus on cleaning, making my heart beat faster. And this one time, she made me carry her on her waist to reach a book from the top shelf and my hands slipped into her shirt feeling her soft skin, I panicked and let go, making her fall on top of me to the floor. She pinned me down, straddling my hips and I gulped down my saliva then she would get off of me laughing.

 

It wasn't that I didn't want to be with her. No it wasn't that. I just wanted to be useful, I want to feel the tiredness coming home from work and I want to feel that I deserve the money I receive. It wasn't that bad cause I bought new clothes from my easily-earned-salary.

 

I was always on the lookout for that jerk. It has been weeks since that incident at the apartment. I always kept my eyes on Krystal, making sure she's okay and not alone.

 

Back in her apartment, I poured freshly cooked popcorn into a bowl and went to the couch where Krystal was already sitting with her feet up, legs snuggled close to her. I sat next to her and gave her the bowl.

 

"mmm this is nice." She said, taking my arm and placing it over her shoulders. I hit play on the remote and we started viewing a random American film.

 

After the movie, I looked down to Krystal and saw her fast asleep in my arm. I brush red locks away from her face and tuck it behind her ear. The room was dark and only the television was illuminating her face. Her lips were moist and I traced it with my thumb.

 

"You also drool in your sleep." I whispered and laughed voicelessly.

 

I took her in my arms and carried her into her room; setting her down on the bed. My phone rang in my pocket. I immediately answered it and checked if I woke up Krystal. Gladly, she was still asleep.

 

Krystal's POV

 

A phone was ringing. When I opened my eyes, I was on my bed and saw Amber on her way to the door talking to someone on her phone with a big smile on her face.

 

"Hey goldfish. I’ve missed you. Are…" Amber went out and I didn't get to hear everything.

 

Who in the world is goldfish? Why was she all giddy talking to that goldfish? I needed to find out. I went out of bed and open the door slowly.

 

"Yes... I know... Okay... I love you too. Bye." Amber said.

 

What!? Was that her lover? Do they call each other ‘Goldfish’? Is she just using me? Letting her stay in my house, letting her work in my restaurant and even letting her touch me. Was she pretending? Was everything a lie? I was so angry having all this thoughts. I opened the door and closed the door with a bang. She immediately turned around almost dropping her phone.

 

"K-krystal? Uhhh. You're awake?" She said.

 

"Who's this goldfish of yours? Why were you all lovey-dovey on the phone?" I said, raising my voice.

 

________
How the phone conversation really went

 

"Hey goldfish. I’ve missed you. Are mom and dad there?

 

"Oh my Gosh, Ambeeer! I’ve missed you too. Your mom is here. She wants to talk to you. I'm giving her the phone." I heard her give the phone to mom.

 

"Amber. Honey, how are you? Have you been skipping meals again? When will you visit? Ailee has been bugging me to convince you to come and visit. You need to visit this goldfish of yours and your father and me, once in a while." Mom said in a fast pace.

 

"Yes eomma. I was laughing in happiness. “I met a great person and I can't wait for you to meet her. She has been taking good care of me. I've been eating healthily and I will visit soon." I assured her.

 

"You should. Your dad is in the clinic right now working. Visit soon okay? We'll need your help in the next medical mission." I almost forgot about that; my dad’s medical missions. It was created to aid the poor that couldn’t afford going to a hospital.

 

"Yes." I answered.

 

"Don't forget to eat." Mom repeated

 

"I know."

 

"And I would love to meet this person who has been taking good care of baby Amber."

 

"Okay." I smiled, knowing that my mom would love to meet Krystal.


"Amber, come home soooon." I heard Ailee say over the phone.

 

"I love you, honey. Bye." Mom said, making kissing sounds on the phone.

 

"I love you too. Bye." I hang up.

 

BANG!!!*

 

I jumped and turned immediately around, seeing Krystal very furious. She asked me about my goldfish, Ailee and she must've misinterpreted me saying i love you on the phone. Was she jealous? Or was it something else?

 

This is going to be hard to explain.

 

 

------

UGH! (biting my fingernails*) this update took so long and there's not much in it. omo! Hopefully, the next update will be full of lovely new characters. :3

 

Stay awesome readers and thank you very much.

 

Notice: I will be constantly edit previous chapters. A lot of errors and glitches slipped through the editting. NOOO! the story won't change but some words will. My English may not be the best,  I'm still learning. -.-v 

 

kryber <3