Lean On Me

Lean on me

Amber's POV

 

It was dark on my way back to my apartment as I sighed.

"Another not-so-productive day of being unemployed". I said to myself dissapointed.

I've been walking all day, asking store after store for a staff opening and crossing out job offerings on the newspaper and still none were successful enough to hire me because apparently the job's taken. I can pull-off any type of job as long as it doesn't involve me in any illegal transactions. Shrugging the idea away, I pulled my black jacket in closer to my body and crossed my arms tightly as the cold night wind blows furiously on my face, my backpack providing me little warmth.

I was halfway out of the park when I heard a girl scream not far from where I was standing.

"Yaaaaaaah! L-let go of me!"

I look around and see no one.

"S-stop it! You're hurting me!"

I ran to where the voice was coming from and stand on my toes to see over the tall bushes and there I saw, just under a tree, a guy with broad shoulders was towering over a smaller girl with fiery red hair. His hands were squeezing hard on the red head's arms. I coudn't see both their faces from all the shadows and the lamp doesn't provide much lumination but it was very clear to me that the girl was in serious pain.

"You worthless b***h!" The guy said as he punch the girl hard on her left cheek and she landed on both hands and knees to the rough ground. The girl was now sobbing loudly. I look around in panic searching for a piece of wood or rock to use as weapon but then I saw the guy about to punch the girl again so I decided hastily and jumped from out the bushes, running as fast as I can towards the guy's direction.

"Hey a**hole!" I shouted, not knowing what to do but continued to advance towards him. He looked up at me not having a moment to react as I body slammed him hard with my shoulder on his abdomen. I hear him gasp for air and bend down to deal with the pain. I didn't wait for him to recover and blow a right jab through his face making him fall down.

"F*****k! I'm going to kill you!" He exclaimed while grimacing in pain on the ground.

I spun around to help the girl stand up.

"W-who... the f**k... are you? Definitely not Krystal's boyfriend." He said angrily from behind.

So that's her name, Krystal, I thought but then I felt him grab my backpack, pulling me backwards. I wriggle my bag off my arms but before I turned to face him, I felt his knuckles crashing hard on my face. I winced in pain and can't seem to open my right eye properly but I immediately reached for his shoulders for leverage and hit my knee hard on his crotch sending him back down onto the ground.

I wasted no more time, not paying attenion to the heat flowing to my eye and bent down to Krystal. She was beautiful even with tears in her eyes. We were both staring at each other in the eyes or in my case in my eye. My heart was beating fast now and I don't think it's from the adrenaline earlier, I think it was because of her; her face, her tears even her strawberry scent. I touched her shoulder gently not wanting to scare her and felt her shiver. Her skin was cold and I wondered. Why was she only wearing a thin white shirt and short shorts outside when its in the middle of winter? I removed my jacket off and placed it on her back.

"Krystal? We've got to go now before he gets back on his feet. Don't worry I'm not here to harm you, okay? Can you stand now?"

Krystal still looking at me in the eye, grabbed my hand making my heart skip a beat and squeezed it while nodding yes.

 

Krystal's POV

 

I remember having a fight with my boyfriend, NO, my ex-boyfriend in my apartment. He was starting to scare me because he's the type who gets abusively physical when he's angry so I opened the door and I ran. I ran fast for a while.

I ended up in the park quite far from my apartment still barefooted. Now panting hard for air and scared, I leaned down on a thick tree for balance but then I felt it, his vice grip on me as he spun me around in a jolt and I yelped in pain. I screamed aloud trying to get him off me but it was no use, he punched me really hard, it wasn't the first time.

I feel the ground in my hands, I was now crying uncontrollably and felt dizzy from all the pain, I ready myself for another one but then I hear someone shout.

"Hey a**hole!" I heared a thud and grunting sounds of pain from behind me.

The next thing I remembered was that a handsome face, despite the blackeye that was forming on his right eye, was hovering over mine just inches away, near enough that I can feel his breath on my lips and I unintentionally parted my mouth. I can feel his warmth and his hand on my shoulder, gently touching me and it gave me chills, sending electricity all over my body. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt safe with him, I know i'm safe with him. He then placed a warm cloth over me saying reassuring words with his husky, s-exy voice and asked if I was able to stand now. I felt a rush of heat through my face as I placed my hand into his, squeezing it. He was making me feel alive and I wish I had the same effect on him.

 

Amber's POV

 

I can feel her shiver under my touch or was it the cold air?

"We need to run, okay?" She nodded and we both hurried to get on our feet. Holding her left hand tightly, I guided her out of the park leaving my backpack behind. What's more important is that I needed Krystal to be somewhere warm and safe, far away from that jerk. We kept running and as I look down I noticed her feet. We stopped running.

No! How could I make her run from that barefooted? How could I? I was angry at myself for not noticing it earlier.  As if reading my expression she pulled me closer, her shoulder slightly touching mine making me hold her hand tightly.

"Its okay, I'm fine." How could she say she's fine? After experiencing all of that.

"No, it's not fine! A jerk was harassing you just now and you're running barefooted!" I said with a rather loud voice.

"No, it's reall... eek..." placing my arm behind her knees, I carried her princess-style. 'Nuf said, she deserves to be taken care of. Who knows what that jerk has done to her all this time.

She was light and I can smell strawberries again. I look straight knowing my face was inches away from her. I might regret doing something if I lean in too close so I started walking. She didn't struggle and just let her arms snake around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder. Ohh Krystal, how I wish you wouldn't hear my heart beating loud.

 

Krystal's POV

 

mmm. He's carrying me now and I don't really mind where he'll take me. I'm comfortable like this with my head on his shoulder. I do feel bad about the black eye, I should take care of that later. Yes. I should. I smile weakly on her, breathing in her sweet scent. You there, the one carrying me, I can hear your heart beating loudly.

 

 

 

------

please be good to me my readers. i'm still getting used to this. i'm planning on continuing, you should be able to guess the next location, i think the blackeye needed some mending.. mmm should I?

 

EDIT: hope you like it. feel free to suggest anything. (kryber <3)